Improvement: Shoulder-Mounted MCG - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smarter than your average website!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-07-17, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Shoulder-Mounted MCG

I'm sure the look of the MCG has been talked to hell, so I hope you guys won't mind this thread(I looked around, but couldn't find anything about this specifically). As much as I would love the underslung MCG, it is not going to happen for reasons that sound pretty reasonable, you can't fire from behind cover. So, how about a compromise that will get rid of the horrible looking current MCG model and bring back some of the intimidation that the old MCG had.

(Taken from Fallout wikia)

They already have shoulder-mounted weapons, so they don't have to come up with all-new animations, it looks A LOT more reasonable than a minigun you can fire like a rifle, and it's would be huge and intimidating. Fill all my requirements.

Of course, they could also do underslung, but they seem pretty adamant about not doing that.

Last edited by Geist; 2013-07-17 at 03:27 PM.
Old 2013-08-28, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Psi
Private

Re: Shoulder-Mounted MCG

I know this thread is old, but I fully endorse this idea.
Old 2013-09-22, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Darkard
Private

I was under the impression it was not underslung anymore because of the cover and the fact that bullets come from the gun barrel, meaning the MCG would be shooting the top of railings all the time.

I always thought that they should incorporate both the shoulder mounted and underslung MCG ideas into one weapon.
This would be the special ability of the MCG (just like the Jackhammer has the Triple Shot)

The MCG is normally carried underslung.
It has a similar setup to the current MCG with a firing spinup. However there is no iron sights in this mode and so its used primarily as a bullet hose for spraying down groups and CQC.
As its underslung it cant shoot over cover if you're stood right next to it.

Change fire modes and the TR Heavy hoists the MCG up onto his shoulder, flipping it over as he does, so it is sitting upside down with the handle he held in underbarrel mode now down his back like a support. Holding it like a Launcher.
A small optic pops out of the side of the MCG now allowing for sight aiming.
However the fire rate of the MCG is reduced and the spin up time increased.
This mode would be used at longer ranges or when firing from behind cover.
It would not be very good when you are wanting to bob in and out from behind cover to take pot shot though due to the spinup, other guns are better suited to that sort of fighting.
Old 2013-09-22, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

All guns shoot from the centre of the camera now, being underslung would no longer be an issue. It wouldnt look right, but it also wouldnt hit the tops of rails etc.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault