No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: get back to work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-29, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.

I know some people might not think is a big difference from .50 to .75 ADS speed but I can tell the difference quite a lot...Specially when the level in skill is very close.

Is a nice advantage to have .75 ADS and the highest RoF for LMG in game (Orion VS).

I have no idea why SOE gave The VS HA such a big advantage....No HA deserves .75 ADS speed.

I mean dealing with a shield and having the guy strafe faster is just too much IMO.

I know the NS15 also has a .75 speed buff for all the rest of the empires....As well as shotgun and SMG has .75 speed.....But SMG has way worse damage and kind of sucks at range so is not a big deal...Shotgun is best hipfiring anyways.

I just feel giving the HA which already has 2 shields, a nice speed buff is pretty OP...Specially with the accuracy/RoF of the Orion.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hipshot
Private

Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.

VS have monopoly of firepower and mobility
Their faction trait is being OP
Old 2013-05-29, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
having the guy strafe faster is just too much IMO.
Is there something I'm not aware of regarding strafing speed?

Old 2013-05-29, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I know some people might not think is a big difference from .50 to .75 ADS speed but I can tell the difference quite a lot...Specially when the level in skill is very close.

Is a nice advantage to have .75 ADS and the highest RoF for LMG in game (Orion VS).

I have no idea why SOE gave The VS HA such a big advantage....No HA deserves .75 ADS speed.

I mean dealing with a shield and having the guy strafe faster is just too much IMO.

I know the NS15 also has a .75 speed buff for all the rest of the empires....As well as shotgun and SMG has .75 speed.....But SMG has way worse damage and kind of sucks at range so is not a big deal...Shotgun is best hipfiring anyways.

I just feel giving the HA which already has 2 shields, a nice speed buff is pretty OP...Specially with the accuracy/RoF of the Orion.
So you even acknowledge that every empire has access to weapons for their HA with .75 ADS... one of them being the NS-15m LMG.... the SMGs and the shotguns... yet because you hate the Orion so much you turn it into a nerf Orion thread... got it. Are you in the same camp that hate ZOE because you have to aim at your target too?
Old 2013-05-29, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Someone, somewhere, has something better than you! ALERT THE GAMING PRESS
Old 2013-05-29, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PredatorFour
Major

So .25 is such a big advantage?? TR have some awesome weapons to use, should be thankful with that.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
someone, somewhere, has something better than you! Alert the gaming press
MAN THE HARPOONS
a
Old 2013-05-29, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh, also?

http://goo.gl/IoVG4

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
MAN THE HARPOONS
a
I know, right? Damn caps filter . . .
Old 2013-05-29, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hipshot
Private

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
So .25 is such a big advantage?? TR have some awesome weapons to use, should be thankful with that.
Yea how much of a benefit can 33% extra strafing speed be really?
Is there any unbiased VS players on these forums?

Last edited by Hipshot; 2013-05-29 at 12:56 PM.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
Everyone's biased. That you'd expect otherwise is a stunning naivety.

Which is why I linked the current data files. Am I really the only one that reads the data files? I know its a lot of text, but you should give it a shot. It might be . . . revealing.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hipshot
Private

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
Is there something I'm not aware of regarding strafing speed?
You strafe 33% faster while aiming down sight with SVA88, Orion and NS-15M
Old 2013-05-29, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PredatorFour
Major

Aiming down sights is for wimps.
Old 2013-05-29, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dragonskin
Major

I am one. I clearly play all 3 factions. People that make all these claims about OP this or that usually lack perspective and understanding that Planetside wasn't intended to have all faction be equal in all areas of the game. There is a reason we don't all have the same weapons after all.

The Orion is nice, but as VS you hear about other guns too. Mostly the NC Gauss Saw.. but sometimes the TR TMG-50 and used to be the Carv. Of course no one likes shotguns.. especially the pump shotguns, but most of us do own a shotgun to combat others with shotguns. The NC Gauass Saw has zero first shot multiplier.. meaning you can single shot like a battle rifle and never adjust your aim if you time it right. The TR Carv because it was so accurate and has 750rpm... I still hear people complain about the Carv occasionally because it has 750rpm compared to most LMGs that are much slower. I personally don't like the Orion because other guns fill the CQC niche. If you check my VS character you will see the SVA-88 as my most used LMG. The Orion only has like 50 kills.

As TR I hear just as many complaints about the NC Gauss Saw as I do the Orion. People laugh at others that complain about the Carv... especially the Carv.

As NC you hear about the Orion, people laughing at others complaining about the NC Gauss Saw and people complaining about the TMG-50 or Carv.

You strafe 33% faster while aiming down sight with SVA88, Orion and NS-15M
True, but the SVA-88 doesn't have the same rate of fire making it less ideal for CQC than the Orion. SVA-88 is a better mid range weapon. You guys make strafing way too important.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-29 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2013-05-29, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Aiming down sights is for wimps.
Lies. Lies and Slander.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-29, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dragonskin
Major

To add to all this.. what about the TR advantage of having more bullets in their mag than most guns. There are exceptions, but honestly I love playing my TR sometimes because I don't have to worry about bullet management as much and they have great rate of fire. Hell the MCG is amazing... 200 round mag if you have extended mags and 200 in reserve and fires at 800rpm like a heavy SMG.... Where is the VS equvialent of that? The lasher? HAHAHA... Where is the NC equivalent of that? Jackhammer??? The gun that replaces virtually all their shotguns except the pumps? Don't get me wrong. I like the Jackhammer in CQC, but it's not nearly as versatile as the MCG. Then there is the Lasher which is severely situational and gets tons of ally grief.

Flip that around. What about ESRLs? Pheonix and Lancer can dumbfire and be accurate... of course depending on enemy movement and distance. They hit hard. What do the TR get? a rocket launcher that replaces the other 2 lock-ons... and can't dumbfire. Can't be used to hit turrets or maxes unlike the other 2 ESRLs. If the thing worked as intended it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now. It will be fixed so it stops going through terrian and probably will stop locking the first rocket to a flare.. once it's fixed it won't be special.

People complain too much. The grass is always greener on the otherside until you get there. Take that from someone that plays on all sides. If your big hang up is that VS have the Orion with .75 ADS movement and 750rpm... get over it. Each faction has something that the other factions would kill for. Designed this way on purpose.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion