Empty Vehicle Timer increase! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will spam for food.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-09, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Empty Vehicle Timer increase!

Please consider increasing the timer for empty or vacated vehicles. As it stands, Sundies are 20 min but all other ground vehicles are 5 minutes. It's much too short when having to leave your vehicle to cap a territory and sweep buildings. Should be at least 10 min maybe even 15 min.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Empty Vehicle Timer increase!

I agree with this.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-09, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

I just wish there was a decon bonus. I'd like it if you deconstructed a vehicle you got some resources back from it. Not 100% or maybe not even 50% but something would be nice.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DawnDude
Private

i do not agree. this is a team base game . when u are rolling a tank for example you dont just leave it and start capping the point , u are a tanker and u should do your job as one , let the infantry take the base and deal with the capture points and if ur squad dont have any and only tanks, well thats the leader's fault. if u dont work like that ur fight is gonna be a mess.

PS : +1 for PoisonTaco
Old 2012-11-09, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by DawnDude View Post
when u are rolling a tank for example you dont just leave it and start capping the point , u are a tanker and u should do your job as one
One thing is playing as a team, another is sticking to a task like it's a job you're getting payed to do.

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
Sometimes you've just got to strech your legs and run around for a bit, maybe shoot someone in the face.
Hell yeah, mixing things up a little go a long way in keeping the game interesting.
Old 2012-11-09, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Red Ketchup
Private

They added certifications last week (I think) that can increase the idle timer to up to 30 minutes. They're under "passive system".

EDIT: I just noticed that only the Liberator seems to have these certifications available... Is it because the Liberator is the only vehicle I spent certs on so far?

EDIT 2: The certifications are gone with today's update. Feel free to think that I'm crazy and imagining certs.

Last edited by Red Ketchup; 2012-11-11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 2012-11-10, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by DawnDude View Post
i do not agree. this is a team base game . when u are rolling a tank for example you dont just leave it and start capping the point , u are a tanker and u should do your job as one , let the infantry take the base and deal with the capture points and if ur squad dont have any and only tanks, well thats the leader's fault. if u dont work like that ur fight is gonna be a mess.

PS : +1 for PoisonTaco

I normally favor pro teamwork arguments but this is one case I disagree. It's pretty ridiculous when you have an area locked down with tanks but the facility goes uncapped because no one wants to get out an flip the terminal. It's already a big risk since you might die in the process an not be able to respawn near the tank an lose it. Discouraging it further with a short timer is unnecessary IMO. 5 minutes is fine on a Flash as people tend to use those as disposable speed boosts then abandon it so it's just using up server resources for no reason. But for bigger vehicles 15 or 20 minutes is better.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

I like the cash-back bonus for deconning a vehicle idea. Ive more than once pulled X-ride only to have the squad pulled to another location across town and have to abandon it. getting a little something back for cashing in a perfectly good ride might at least take a little sting out of that scenario.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

/agree
Old 2012-11-09, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

I guess the real question is, why do vehicles have an auto-decon timer in the first place? Is it to make the chances more probable that it will decon to make you spend more resources? Or is the only reason to control the amount of vehicles sitting around doing nothing on the map?

I'd really like it to work using the following rule to auto-deconstruct:

If you move too far away from the vehicle a decon timer will start but if you move back into range before the timer is up the timer stops and resets. If you walk out of range of it again the timer starts.

I really like the idea of giving the option to manual deconstruct gaining some more resources back. This would give people and incentive to decon the vehicle they aren't using anymore instead of relying on the auto-decon feature to do it for you.
Old 2012-11-09, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, personally I think vehicles should never despawn unless destroyed, the owner purchases another vehicle, logs out or despawns it themselves.
Old 2012-11-09, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
Please consider increasing the timer for empty or vacated vehicles. As it stands, Sundies are 20 min but all other ground vehicles are 5 minutes. It's much too short when having to leave your vehicle to cap a territory and sweep buildings. Should be at least 10 min maybe even 15 min.
^^This^^

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
I just wish there was a decon bonus. I'd like it if you deconstructed a vehicle you got some resources back from it. Not 100% or maybe not even 50% but something would be nice.
^^And this^^

Sometimes you've just got to strech your legs and run around for a bit, maybe shoot someone in the face.

Old 2012-11-10, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Crator
Major General

^ Ah ha, the reason revealed. Time sink...
Old 2012-11-10, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hamma
PSU Admin

They have said they probably won't put in a refund for decon.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion