Training Simulator(not just for n00bs?!?) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside: Increase the divorce rate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-15, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Skodean
Private

Question Training Simulator(not just for n00bs?!?)

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the training simulator will be available to all level players, and whether it will be private or contain all players of the same empire in one sim "room". I�ve looked around and searched the forums but I can only find reference to the beginner's training program, and not much info on it.
The reason is I am hoping Planetside will include a training simulator that will allow us to practice on a squad vs. squad level, without grief points or unwanted death stats, and in a customizable environment. Also it would be nice to have access to enemy equipment and vehicles in this sim so that you could stage practice skirmishes with actual enemy units. I think this could be a vital part of the game as squads could test out different unit mixtures, configurations, and maneuvers in a safe and controlled environment. Of course the battlefield will be the true teacher and test of strategy, but it would be nice to show up somewhat prepared.
Perhaps there could be several sim rooms set aside for each empire. One for noob training, one for 1v1 duels, one for squad tactics and so on. Anyway if this is not planed I think it should be. Thoughts?
Old 2003-02-15, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

you made this thread just as i asked that in the certs thread.....great minds think alike.
Old 2003-02-15, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
KeviN
First Sergeant

I think anyone can use it. For instance, if you want to check something out later on when you transfer certs, or gain new ones, you would want to know which gun/armor/vehicle suits you so you can add to that.
Old 2003-02-15, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

If the training is multiplayer (it still seems to be an open question), that would be great, customized terrain/equipment good idea too. That would let me know exactly how my squadmates react in different situations, how much it takes to panic them, the circumstances that makes them unreliable, etc.
Old 2003-02-15, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Keep in mind that you CAN get BEP's and certs from the VR training area. So an expirienced player may go back to try and get some extra BEP's.
Old 2003-02-15, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

You're only supposed to be able to go to level 5.
Old 2003-02-15, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think its level three now

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-16, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CrazyMike
Sergeant

We don't know much about this training simulator except that it gives you access to everything no matter what your certs are. I'm not so sure they would be eager to create a "game within a game" where you can battle another squad free of the concequences, but you just never know what those sneaky devs have up thier sleeves.

CrazyMike
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion