Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Video Forum

Old 2012-06-24, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phyrefli
Private

Planetside 2 for the Battlefield Player

Hi All,

I've been doing a series called "Phyrefli's Video Digest" for about 7 months now. It focuses mostly on the Battlefield series, but has touched on other games and issues such as PS2, Ravaged, Tribes:Ascend, Firefall etc.

I also post up weekly gameplay recordings from the BF3 Tournament games on a Sunday night.

As PS2 looks to be almost every gaming dream I've ever had come true, I put together a digest which is aimed at Battlefield players. The aim is to show BF players what Planetside 2 is about, and hopefully to convince them to take a look.

Just as a note, there was one error in the video which was highlighted. The Sunderer does not act as a spawn point

Old 2012-06-24, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2

Re: Planetside 2 for the Battlefield Player

Really enjoyed that dude.

Currently Recruiting - www.digital-legion.com
Old 2012-06-25, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Pella
Captain

Nice work mate.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Nice video. Covered things quite well.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-25, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Miir
Malvision

Great informational video.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

What was the size of Planetside 1 maps?
Old 2012-06-26, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Awesome video, very informative, i subbbed on youtube, and also linked it to some friends. Trying to tell everybody about this amazing game.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Maniox
Corporal

<---- ex-battlefield player

Played all of them except bf 2142 (which i probably should as its the closest one to planetside) and i'm never looking back, Planetside 2 will be everything i wanted in bf3 that was taken from me.
Old 2012-06-28, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Great video. I've never played a Battlefield game, so I wouldn't know the comparisons anyway, but it was a nice video to introduce people on.

And I loved that shameless outfit recruitment part at the end
Old 2012-06-28, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Maniox View Post
<---- ex-battlefield player

Played all of them except bf 2142 (which i probably should as its the closest one to planetside) and i'm never looking back, Planetside 2 will be everything i wanted in bf3 that was taken from me.
You missed the best Battlefield game to date (IMO), though it did have a very different feel to BF2. Titan mode was just brilliant. I spent well over 400 ranked hours in that game. Only 250 or so in BF3, and thats mainly because there was nothing else decent at the time giving me that sort of Battlefield experience.

I am hoping I can make PS2 my home for the next few years and wean off that franchise as well. It has definitely changed a lot over the years.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Shouldnt take alot....Just tell them that SOE isnt planning on raping them like a drunk teen age girl on prom night.

EA can take their "premium" pay to win strategy and wrap it in razorwire and shove it up their arses.

And yeah...BF2142 was pretty damned awsome. Was on the leader boards for awhile as a sniper in that game.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Awesome video I really enjoyed it. It was definitely very informative. Just a few notes tho. I would of probably thrown in some pictures of what you where describing so the BF players knew what you where talking about.

Old 2012-06-30, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phyrefli
Private

Thanks for the positive comments guys
Old 2012-07-02, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
EA can take their "premium" pay to win strategy and wrap it in razorwire and shove it up their arses.
Premium isn't a pay to win scheme, unless you believe that gaining access to DLC content two weeks before non-premium members, being able to reset stats, camo, knife skin or if getting VIP access to servers is pay to win.
I believe in giving due where due is due to be given.

As soon as I saw that PS2 was going to have modern FPS mechanics I was stoked as it really is everything you could want as a BF vet.
Larger battles, more variety in arms, more of a focus on combined arms, better(and easier) communication and organization.
I have found myself unable to really enjoy BF3 after looking into PS2 simply because it seems so limited in comparison.

Edit: Just going to edit my post here as to not derail the thread even further, sorry about that by the way. I forgot about the xp weekends. They aren't what I would refer to as "pay to win" features because you can gain xp fast enough without them and they do not confer any increase in power on their own. To me they are pointless boosts for those who want to reach 100 sooner rather than later.
I will give you that it's a poorly implemented feature as it should in no way, shape or form affect your ranking in a particular match, I thought it was a bonus given after the round was over.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-07-02 at 10:06 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Phyrefli
Private

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Premium isn't a pay to win scheme, unless you believe that gaining access to DLC content two weeks before non-premium members, being able to reset stats, camo, knife skin or if getting VIP access to servers is pay to win.
Going OT a bit, but just wanted to offer up a bit of info on that. During the last double XP weekend June 23-24 (which was Premium members only) the XP was doubled before the player positions at the end of each round were calculated. So, for example, if you were a non-premium player with, say 10,000 points and MVP1, and a premium player scored 6,000 point and was (say) 10th. At the end of the game that premium player got 12,000 points and knocked the non-premium player off as MVP1.

Anyways, back OT.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Video Forum