So the most interesting thing about Empire showdown - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your boss is probably browsing the forums too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-28, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Bear
Corporal

Re: So the most interesting thing about Empire showdown

Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
All I was thinking when she was onscreen was, did SOE hire a hooker? Poor LevelCap was so uncomfortable like he was being molested lol. All of her interactions with the players was really awkward and weird. It was all very juvenile. It didn't project a good image for the community or SOE imo.
If level cap is indicative of most "gamers", he probably hasn't spent a lot of time around girls, much less attractive ones.

I remember a few years ago going to a midnight madness opening for one of the WOW expansions. I remember looking around a a crowd of guys who looked like that haven't seen sunlight, a healthy meal, a shower or a workout in about a decade.

Seriously guys, just because we like video games is no excuse to look and smell like that!!

Last edited by Bear; 2013-01-28 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2013-01-28, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rothnang
Major

I think the reason why nerds are awkward around hot women who hit on them is because they can smell the insincerity from a mile away.
Old 2013-01-28, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Bloodlet
Private

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Mature communities recognise that men and women are different.
Equality has nothing to do with sexuality in this instance as women like to be looked at, dress themselves up and often socially are more flirtatious in that respect - that is part of their sexes majority gender identity and has FUCK ALL to do with sexist men or "oppression".

It's not universal, and a lotta girls don't necessarily want the attention. But it's their job to handle it, not the guys.

Girls wanted nothing to do with gaming conventions, content to call the guys that went to them nerds and losers ..until there was money involved.. now they want a piece.

Guys built this world, we're not holding women back, if anything we've been extremely accomodating - but they want to be treated "with respect" and "as equals" simply by showing up, well sweetie, in a mans world these things are EARNED.

We hand girls a lot of things on a plate, but if you want to be equals in a masculine environment, that means doing away with pussy-pass preferential treatment you get everywhere else.

Far from excluding women, we want MORE in gaming. But if you expect US to change for YOU when you're entering OUR world, you have to realise how ridiculously cheeky that is.

That's the deal, it's not about asking girls to compromise themselves at all; it's about us not compromising for them. Boys will be boys, men will be men. If you can't take jokey flirting or NORMAL sexual behaviour from people in their teens through to adulthood; you're not only not ready for male dominated scenes - you're not ready for life.

You are responsible for yourself, your own feelings.
We aren't here to babysit or pander.

*MANSTAMP*
Winner!
Old 2013-01-28, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Punker
Corporal

Gender differences aside, i think a more important issue is the number of speds who insist on wearing sunglasses INSIDE A DARK BUILDING.
Old 2013-01-28, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rothnang
Major

They aren't sun glasses, they are eye hiders.
Old 2013-01-28, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
robocpf1
First Sergeant

1 - Guy posts message about Adrianne Curry being attractive.

2 - Some disagreement about "attractive", to each his own, beauty in the eye of the beholder

3 - BOOM, SEXISM ARGUMENTS

Everyone, what the f***. Really.

Also this:

Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Seriously guys, just because we like video games is no excuse to look and smell like that!!
I'm with you, this ticks me off to no end man. I used to go play Magic the Gathering at a local shop before I picked up an obsession with FPS games and League of Legends. The smells. The teeth. The odor. I put a lot of work into personal hygiene and I still game like a BOSS all day every day. Just because I may not leave my computer for a few hours at a time (like all of us here) doesn't mean I have to look, smell, and act like it. Have some self-respect.

Tell you what though - I went to DreamHack in Sweden this past year. All of the Swedish gamers, whether kids or otherwise, were dressed well (meaning, they weren't slobs - obviously there was a lot of t-shirts and jeans). No stains on all the clothing, they didn't smell like garbage, etc. As an American myself, I would hate to think that it's just American gamers that are like that.

My point is - having gaming as a hobby does NOT and should NEVER go hand in hand with poor personal hygiene. It creates a bad image for the rest of us.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-01-28 at 01:02 PM.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

WTF is this thread, I don't even.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
1 - Guy posts message about Adrianne Curry being attractive.

2 - Some disagreement about "attractive", to each his own, beauty in the eye of the beholder

3 - BOOM, SEXISM ARGUMENTS

Everyone, what the f***. Really.

Also this:

I'm with you, this ticks me off to no end man. I used to go play Magic the Gathering at a local shop before I picked up an obsession with FPS games and League of Legends. The smells. The teeth. The odor. I put a lot of work into personal hygiene and I still game like a BOSS all day every day. Just because I may not leave my computer for a few hours at a time (like all of us here) doesn't mean I have to look, smell, and act like it. Have some self-respect.

Tell you what though - I went to DreamHack in Sweden this past year. All of the Swedish gamers, whether kids or otherwise, were dressed well (meaning, they weren't slobs - obviously there was a lot of t-shirts and jeans). No stains on all the clothing, they didn't smell like garbage, etc. As an American myself, I would hate to think that it's just American gamers that are like that.

My point is - having gaming as a hobby does NOT and should NEVER go hand in hand with poor personal hygiene. It creates a bad image for the rest of us.
You're not a real gamer.

Go back to Sweden, fake-gamer.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The sheer amount of butt-hurt that comes from virtually every fucking topic on an internet gaming forum is so ridiculous that I find myself unable to participate in just about any of them. I have never, in all my life, seen so much drama. And my mother watched daytime soaps for decades. So SOE hired a "hot chick". I saw a great many attractive women at UES. Big fucking deal. Get over it. Virtually every industry on the planet does this. At least SOE officials were equal opportunity employers of eye candy. For reference, they also hired a "hot guy". Of course most of you were too busy arguing about sex appeal on a woman to notice, or perhaps you're a closet homophobe and therefore afraid to render a verdict on him lest you be deemed gay. Fuck that, I'll say it. Jace Hall was her male equivalent.

I like how many of you can sit there behind the sanctity of your monitor and pass judgment on this woman as though you A.) know her and B.) are some sort of spring chicken yourself. The fact of the matter is, this woman earns more money than many of you will see in ten years, based solely on her looks. Whether you find her attractive or not is all rather irrelevant. Plenty of people find her attractive.

My sole remaining contribution to this stupid dramalogue is this: I pride myself on being the only gamer present at UES who was man enough (or perhaps pathetic enough, depending on your point of view on this utter travesty of a conversation) to make a pass at her in public, whilst still treating her like a decent human being and just another interesting person in the crowd. That's all I am going to say.

By the way. She's fit.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

My balls & pits ALWAYS smell like rancid uncooked bacon.....even while in the shower using Irish Spring soap.....gaming has Nothing to do with smelling DANK. Poor genetics, perhaps. If you balance it with a big schwank, your woman will say her man has a "musk" smell...

The most interesting thing about Empire Showdown ? It's over. BEST thing about Empire Showdown ? It's over.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-01-28 at 02:06 PM.
Old 2013-01-28, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Yeah, we don't need women. They do nothing to increase the population, nurture it to be prosperous, and even in help it progress, the same way in which men do (and in some cases better). Oh wait....
Indeed, it's sad when people can't accept what gender is truly superior...

As for the eye candy commentator, I was wondering just who the hell that woman was...

I thought maybe she was a Dev I hadn't seen before, shame it sounds like she ended up being hired just for her nice tits...
Old 2013-01-28, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Punker View Post
Gender differences aside, i think a more important issue is the number of speds who insist on wearing sunglasses INSIDE A DARK BUILDING.
For your information, I'm a vampyre... with a nice tan.

Old 2013-01-28, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
exile
Private

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Mature communities recognise that men and women are different.
Equality has nothing to do with sexuality in this instance as women like to be looked at, dress themselves up and often socially are more flirtatious in that respect - that is part of their sexes majority gender identity and has FUCK ALL to do with sexist men or "oppression".

It's not universal, and a lotta girls don't necessarily want the attention. But it's their job to handle it, not the guys.

Girls wanted nothing to do with gaming conventions, content to call the guys that went to them nerds and losers ..until there was money involved.. now they want a piece.

Guys built this world, we're not holding women back, if anything we've been extremely accomodating - but they want to be treated "with respect" and "as equals" simply by showing up, well sweetie, in a mans world these things are EARNED.

We hand girls a lot of things on a plate, but if you want to be equals in a masculine environment, that means doing away with pussy-pass preferential treatment you get everywhere else.

Far from excluding women, we want MORE in gaming. But if you expect US to change for YOU when you're entering OUR world, you have to realise how ridiculously cheeky that is.

That's the deal, it's not about asking girls to compromise themselves at all; it's about us not compromising for them. Boys will be boys, men will be men. If you can't take jokey flirting or NORMAL sexual behaviour from people in their teens through to adulthood; you're not only not ready for male dominated scenes - you're not ready for life.

You are responsible for yourself, your own feelings.
We aren't here to babysit or pander.

*MANSTAMP*
Oh god, please stop, my sides are splitting with laughter!

Max is either king of the trolls, or we should put together a donation fund for him to get some therapy for his abusive upbringing/repressed homosexuality issues. He really needs our help you guys.
Old 2013-01-28, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post

It is kind of weird.
Im far from a stylish guy - but its not hard to wear clean clothes and bathe.
It doesnt even require "a lot of work." No one minds a scruffy beard or or that you are wearing a t-shirt and jeans even - just do the most basic things.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Hamma
PSU Admin

Is there nothing you guys won't complain about? Her followers probably introduced new people to PlanetSide 2. She's hot, and she is an actual gamer. Enough with the argument about sexism, the woman can do what she wants to do it's not like she was chained up and forced to do the event.

Also, LevelCap is married for the person who said he hasn't spent much time around girls.. get a grip.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion