Zealot Maxes need rebalancing - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does the Galaxy have a food cart?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-25, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
moosepoop
Captain

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Yep, way worse than the Hacksaw's ability to instagib other Maxes.
i wonder what happened to the hacksaws? they didnt get nerfed, did they?

you bet your ass ZOE is getting nerfed, because it doesnt cost station cash

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-25 at 12:22 AM.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Falcon_br
Captain

Today when we were attacking the VS, all those Zoe maxes hold his ground against us.
After that they attacked us and all those Zoe were dead to TR maxes on lockdown. It is great because the Vanu is hard to see at night, but Zoe maxes at night are bullet callers! I really think they should turn off Zoe during the night,

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-25, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Sunrock
Major

Rocket to the face.

Maybe I should say Decimator to the face. So yea you need HA to counter the ZOE at least when Vs is defending.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
HoovesMcG
Corporal

OP, you are dead on. This literally just drove me over the edge. An entire ARMY of super mobile VS maxes literally walked ON FOOT from one out post to the next through open terrain, and were unstoppable.

THE whole god damn concept of MAxes was the trade off of mobility vs. Firepower. Sony just tossed the whole fuckin idea out the window and gave VS some super weapons. And it doesn't matter if its more vulnerable while in that mode. Their fire power takes you out before you have even a REMOTE chance to shoot at it. What a fuckin JOKE. And TR's awesome new ability? STANDING FCUKING STILL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL Im outta here Games on its way out.

UNINSTALLED THIS SHITTY GAME.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hobnail
Private

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Really? Have you tried it? ZOE Max has no chance against a Fracture max or Raven MAX, no matter if he's using Vortex's or Comet's. Engineer AV turret one shots a ZOE max. Decimator one shots a ZOE MAX. A MAX, that can be one shot, and you guys are up in arms over it being overpowered? lol.
Not in my experience. Run with 100 certs of flak armor and you can wear a Deci. Fully certed, it will take just over 1/4. There is no reason to run anything else.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sunrock
Major

What is OP with the ZOE is the MAX strafing abilities. If the side to side movement was nerfed a bit I think many would stop QQ over it.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Hobnail View Post
Not in my experience. Run with 100 certs of flak armor and you can wear a Deci. Fully certed, it will take just over 1/4. There is no reason to run anything else.
Flak armor doesn't protect against direct hits. AFAIK.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Rolfski
Major

Oh and btw, Burster Zealot Maxes are ridiculous, even more so then Lockdown Maxes as there's no way for air to out-manoeuvre them. Lockdown/Zealot shouldn't be allowed on Burster Maxes at all imo: It makes AA unbalanced and gives NC an unfair disadvantage.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Oh and btw, Burster Zealot Maxes are ridiculous, even more so then Lockdown Maxes as there's no way for air to out-manoeuvre them. Lockdown/Zealot shouldn't be allowed on Burster Maxes at all imo: It makes AA unbalanced and gives NC an unfair disadvantage.
Yeah I don't know where I stand on the max balance, Zealot definitely seems the most useful of the three for the movement alone, nevermind the damage given/received gimmick.

But as an NC I'm fine with getting shafted in terms of AA duty, less shafting we'll get from the long and penetrating hammer we know as nerf.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I do believe that the issues with burster effectiveness stems more from the burster itself than any ability that boosts its effectiveness.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Rolfski
Major

I don't mind Bursters but they shouldn't be made more powerful. This video does a pretty good job in explaining why Zealot/Lockdown is a bad idea on Bursters:

Old 2013-05-25, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Flak armor doesn't protect against direct hits. AFAIK.
Yep.

It'll still save you from c4 at lvl4 Flak + ZOE, but a direct rocket puts you nearly dead.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I think zoe is fine. Maybe a bit too strong when improved/maxed out, but nowhere near as people claim it to be.
The problem is bursters, those are broken. Not zoe or lockdown. Those abilities just amplify the problem.
They finally need to fix bursters and skyguards/aa turrets in the process. Anything else won't fix anything.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-05-25 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
It makes AA unbalanced and gives NC an unfair disadvantage.
How sad? You mean like the TR disadvantage on rocket launchers? The TR and VS disadvantage in CQC with maxes compared to NC?

How about this? NC maxes can have dual bursters pop Aegis shield and negate rocketpods and daltons.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Have to agree with Assist, Dragonskin, others when they say that this is pretty much a bunch of whiners crying because there are so many VS trying out the new ZOE, more than the ZOE itself.

On ADAD 'glitching', I've yet to experience it from another player, and I've killed many, many people. The posted videos do nothing to convince me otherwise - if anything, they confirm my belief that it's a placebo.

To TR and NC players - we had to deal with hackmaxes, HE Prowlers, an absolutely shit magrider, and the like for months with relatively little compensation in return. The ZOE pales in comparison to any of these things. My suggestion? Stop bitching, grow some balls and and deal with it, especially when you have nothing but your own anecdotal experiences to back up your theorycrafting. Let the devs do their thing.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion