Has Miller peaked ?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It was an accident i swear!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-06-14, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PredatorFour
Major

Has Miller peaked ??

Haven't played as much recently and i know it goes the same for my outfit, wondered if others have experienced a bit of a lull lately? Possibly waiting for new content ? We used to be really active every night playing.

When i log on TR almost always has the pop too, so maybe it's cos the tr outfits are more active than the rest? i dunno and i ain't suggesting a server merge yet. Just wanted to know other people's experiences lately regarding pop's.

(semi-nostalgic side note)

I dunno if it is because planetside 1 was my first mmofps but i seem to get bored quite easy on ps 2. I don't remember getting bored in the original, running around hacking bases waiting for outfit 'x' to come resecure or resecuring a friendly base in the last few seconds... That was exciting play every night for years, but like i said it was my first mmofps.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DeltaWidow
Corporal

Re: Has Miller peaked ??

I just think it is that content isn't all great - I mean past 6 months we've been the testers for a console game (IMO) which means a lot of content has been cut to what could have been a GREAT PC game

Hopefully content will get better but I doubt it will reach it's peak seeing as it has to be in line with console to be the same game (and devs don't overwork)

I doubt it is just Miller having this dull phase
Old 2013-06-14, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Pella
Captain

Still fun for me. And the majority of the outfit.

And its not because we are tr with a huge population %. As we goto the continent with the lowest TR Pop for the fights.
Old 2013-06-14, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

If you're talking about population I certainly think so.

I mostly play during daytime and the drop in pop has become very noticeable.

There's also the new player thing too, various people have commented on a lack of people available to join outfits.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I've noticed things getting a bit quiet on Miller lately. Taking a break from the game myself, in fact.
Old 2013-06-15, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Canaris
Contributor
General

I think a combination of recent changes and additions has pushed the some people not to play for awhile, I've been coasting myself the last week, just waiting on GU11 to land before I go back to full sessions. Also don't forget it's exam season.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-06-15, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
pica
Private

I've made a rule for myself, if the population difference between vanu and tr is less than 10% when I log in I play on Miller, if it's higher than that I play on Woodman.
So personally no, I haven't been playing much on Miller at all. I know most of my outfit are sick of it as well, the activity has dropped to an all time low.

/edit
Just now:
Alert started, take all biolabs on Amerish. TR has 2 biolabs already and 60% pop on amerish. 20 minutes into the alert TR win with 'Supreme domination'.
If anything kills my fun, it's this kind of shit.

Last edited by pica; 2013-06-16 at 05:56 AM.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

For yesterday 15th June.
Yesterday Woodman peaked at 4673 characters online while Miller peaked at 2234 characters during the sampled hour (note the number of people online at any one time during this hour would be slightly less). However Ceres shows less if only slightly at 2210.

Woodman - sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=9&timezone=0
Miller - sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0
Ceres - sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=11&timezone=0
Old 2013-06-16, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

It has indeed. Only a few months ago it was deemed the jewel of the servers. Now it's a merge candidate. Never thought I'd say that.
We're not on the recommended list, new guys don't stick around and some vets are getting bored. Can't see Hossin making it any better either

Old 2013-06-16, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
It has indeed. Only a few months ago it was deemed the jewel of the servers. Now it's a merge candidate. Never thought I'd say that.
We're not on the recommended list, new guys don't stick around and some vets are getting bored. Can't see Hossin making it any better either
No I don't think Hossin will make a difference. Sure people will want to see it but in the end it will be just another playfield.

I asked in the roadmap not to introduce Hossin unless they also bring in vehicle warping and the grand strategy, but I doubt it will happen like that.
Old 2013-06-16, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rolfski
Major

• Summertime
  • Population imbalances
  • Not enough new influx, Miller not preferred server
  • Waiting for desperately needed maps and metagame
  • A2G imbalances
Once these are sorted out, we'll be cool
Old 2013-06-16, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It just can't be fun anymore for TR to keep playing a server that they totally dominate through sheer numbers.

Even if one Cont (normally Indar) is 33-33-33, Amerish has 60% TR and Esamir normally has 70% TR.....

I'm no longer playing regularly on Miller due to this, and we badly need a server merger, possibly with all EU servers banded into one ?

Even if TR are many, at least the over population would spill to other conts, at the moment I am not going to get zerged by TR everytime I log in, sorry.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
It just can't be fun anymore for TR to keep playing a server that they totally dominate through sheer numbers.

Even if one Cont (normally Indar) is 33-33-33, Amerish has 60% TR and Esamir normally has 70% TR.....

I'm no longer playing regularly on Miller due to this, and we badly need a server merger, possibly with all EU servers banded into one ?

Even if TR are many, at least the over population would spill to other conts, at the moment I am not going to get zerged by TR everytime I log in, sorry.
I read a comment somewhere yesterday that said that Woodman gets triple pop locks and new people logging in log into VR. But I guess ceres and miller could be candidates for a merge and certainly one of those servers must become the recommended one with this week's update.
Old 2013-06-17, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-17, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

We need more NC/VS, not more Pop in general, it will just be more and more TR.....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)