Selling accounts - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mouse Recomended
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-26, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

Selling accounts

Just wondering how/if they have any plans to deal with / limit / or ignore the selling of accounts. I'm just wondering, as this is a problem with any MMOG.

With the forgetting and reassigning of cert points, it seems both ideal, and yet negative for account selling. You can buy any level 20 account, and get the exact type of character you want, by re-assigning all those points you didn't earn.

On the other hand, it also means there's no particular scarcity - any level 20 account is as good as another.

The real problem would be from the command points. It seems they have a nice system planned to encourage the good leaders to get more command points.

But, if someone buys an account with characters high up the command list - ouch. I guess the person will quickly demonstrate their quality - or lack thereof - for command.

But, on a mature server, it can get hard to keep track of all the accounts being sold, with new folks behind the old faces...

Any thoughts?
Old 2003-02-26, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

No selling ,nothing to sell, secept maybee a few certs deffinatly nothing anyone would want to pay for
Old 2003-02-26, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Duilin
Private

No selling ,nothing to sell, secept maybee a few certs deffinatly nothing anyone would want to pay for

They said it will take a month or two for a level 20? Then thats probably worth a good 20-50 bucks from some people.
Old 2003-02-26, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ezcactus
Sergeant

I say go ahead. let the bums buy them...

you have the reaver, but can you fly it?

(insert quote here)
Old 2003-02-26, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

what do i care if someone buys a cep5 commander... theres always the /ignore command.
Old 2003-02-26, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

I know someone who sold an Asherons Call account for two thousand bucks ... some people are REALLY fucked up.
Old 2003-02-26, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

They estimate it could take up to 3 months if I am not mistaken.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-26, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Some people just want to skip the low level hassel and just jump into the game as a powerful person that can go places. It's not as rewarding, but I can understand why people with the money would offer to take someone's account off their hands. Not for 2 grand though. I'm definatly gonna enjoy leveling up in this game though, seeing how exp is obtaining by killing.
Old 2003-02-26, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

I believe that one marketing strategy being used here is to encourage ppl to buy accounts for all the empires. Dealing with the learning curve for each and climbing the ladder yourself. Points previuosly made plus Grief points should help encourage that. Why pay 50 bucks for Certs you can get ina couple of months yourself. Chances are if you buy your Certs you're just gonna get griefed down to none again. The one thing you can't buy is skills. Certs or no Certs... if you ain't got he skills to back it up. They'll just take 'em away.
Old 2003-02-26, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Subliminal
First Sergeant

What are you talking about "taken away" if im not mistaken nothing has been said that you loose anything but your inventory when you die. This isnt an MMORPG where people go days and days without death. You WILL die so im sure that the death system isnt harsh* at all.

Last edited by Subliminal; 2003-02-26 at 06:25 PM.
Old 2003-02-26, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

I'm talkin about grief points. TKing and causing your team grief. Can result in the loss of Certs. Get out there and at like a tard and they can restrict what you can do. Maybe not one stray TK. But say you buy Certs to 20th level and reasign them. But, didn't work your way upto it. Thus resulting in you crashing and killing alot of team8s repeatedly. With enough grief points Certs can be taken away. And you'll be restricted from piloting.
Old 2003-02-26, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Why bother buying someone else's character when you could just spend a month or two getting a high ranked character. Everyone has the same health, so the only difference would be a few certs, which can be easy to get...
Old 2003-02-26, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bighoss
General

you would loose the sense of purpose of the game so quickly. That's what amazed me about everquest. Level 60's just kept playing and playing but what else is there
Old 2003-02-26, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
air_head1
Corporal

why would someone buy an account allthough it is sometimes a pain to get to a high lvl u don't feal any accomplishment.
Old 2003-02-26, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Stream|ine
I'm talkin about grief points. TKing and causing your team grief. Can result in the loss of Certs. Get out there and at like a tard and they can restrict what you can do. Maybe not one stray TK. But say you buy Certs to 20th level and reasign them. But, didn't work your way upto it. Thus resulting in you crashing and killing alot of team8s repeatedly. With enough grief points Certs can be taken away. And you'll be restricted from piloting.
Who would kill their teammates because they didn't like the cert they chose? You're making no sense. If someone does TK a lot they woud lose cert points, but what does that have to do with selling accounts?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion