Coffins.... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's so lonely in the corner...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-27, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

well, personally, i'm not too keen on the idea of "coffins"

i believe it should be like the standard FPS: you shoot them, they die, they fall down, they leave thier stuff to loot in a pile
Old 2003-02-27, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

As I plan to be a sniper my problem with coffins is if you see like four of em in a vally you know someone is in the area that recently killed 4 of your buds, so you will be on the look out, and thats bad for the sniper who killed those 4.
Old 2003-02-27, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Prefect
Private

As a sniper, would you rather corpses be left? It would be really unrealistic for nothing to be left.
Old 2003-02-28, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Meshuggah
Corporal

Originally posted by Tobias
As I plan to be a sniper my problem with coffins is if you see like four of em in a vally you know someone is in the area that recently killed 4 of your buds, so you will be on the look out, and thats bad for the sniper who killed those 4.
And thats only a good thing. Single snipers ain't realy supposed to be able to sit in one spot and take out a full platoon of soldiers
And it makes you choose your targets...
Old 2003-02-28, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Doobz
well, personally, i'm not too keen on the idea of "coffins"

i believe it should be like the standard FPS: you shoot them, they die, they fall down, they leave thier stuff to loot in a pile
So it is more realistic for their body to magically disapear in under 5 minutes?

Seems pretty simple to me, the rebirth process transports the body, replaces it with a coffin so that their items are stored, so they can attempt to gather them later.

*shrugs* I personally don't mind them at all. Not any weirder then graves popping up after a death in a MMORPG like DAoC.
Old 2003-02-28, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

And bodies lying around like they did in EQ caused major lag, especially on big raids where you could have 200+ corpses lying around.

It becomes even more unrealistic when they invent commands like /nocorpse which was designed to overcome the lag issues of having 200+ corpses lying around, you just typed in the command to hide the current set of corpses!

I think coffins is good, less polys than a body, and it also shows that the body has become reborn as part of the birthing process.

It also indicates to the medics which people need reviving and which have been reborn.
Old 2003-02-28, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Big Bro
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I'm fairly certain that coffins will only result if the dead soldier "releases" their corpse. If you have someone with Advanced Medical cert then can't they "revive" the dead guy before he releases? That would cut down on stray coffins...

PLUS if you come back and "loot" it, doesn't the coffin go away?
Old 2003-02-28, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lookoverthere
Private

i think they should work loot like tribes/tribes to, your corpse is on the ground, people walk over it, people get your extra ammo and maybe whatever gun you were holding if they have a spare slot.

coffin aren't really nessesary sine there is no currency and your armor is of no value (other then if you are not near a supplying station)
Old 2003-02-28, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Lookoverthere
i think they should work loot like tribes/tribes to, your corpse is on the ground, people walk over it, people get your extra ammo and maybe whatever gun you were holding if they have a spare slot.

coffin aren't really nessesary sine there is no currency and your armor is of no value (other then if you are not near a supplying station)
What if you like a Vanu Lasher and from NC? That means you'll what to be looting these, and the ammo for ot as well.

Anyhow, Coffins are probably even less polys to load then the actual equipment, since it is, after all, just a box.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion