Geforce FX's price and performance for ps? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: /me cracks the whip
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Its still good though...
Old 2003-04-15, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

I wouldn't say it's "good", i'd say it's "shit" compared to any other high performance card. Thanks for the answers, i was looking at those low prices and those shitty speeds and it was boggling my mind...
Anyone think that the radeon 9700 pro will drop lower then 300$ before june? I doubt it, and i can afford paying 300$ for it, but it's always a good idea to wait and try to save money if possible.
You guys think a radeon 9700 pro could run at full settings with a 1.8 gig athlon xp? If not, what would be the minimum gig for an athlon xp and full settings with a 9700 pro?
Old 2003-04-15, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sputty
Banned

Well, iyt's around 300 now. Heh, 520 CDN. Carry the Y.... Ok, it should be around 350 or something
Old 2003-04-15, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

pfft, you can get them for $270
Old 2003-04-15, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

pssst, where? pssst.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Originally posted by Venoxile
pssst, where? pssst.

Ya where lol
Old 2003-04-15, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Virtuoso
Corporal

Wait a month and a few days. The price will drop considerably.

-Virt
Old 2003-04-15, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

there you go

http://www.ateck.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=453055075
Old 2003-04-15, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

All I can say is that I got to see the 5800 work, and that is one SWEET card!!! kills my 4600 by far! It is the king of cards.

*lol, that sounded funny
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-15, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bluegold
Private

You can find third-party manufactured Radeon 9700 Pro cards for just over $300. And get this - last month I ran into a full-blown ATI standard 9700 Pro card that retails for $400 with a $100 INSTANT REBATE at none other than BEST BUY. What kind of insane luck is that? And it was the last day of the sale, so I had to pick it up for my new system config

Side note: The R300 core of the 9700 Pro KILLS anything but the highest model of Geforce FX which is buggy, ugly as a horse's ass, and takes of TWO slots. Why go with anything else??
Old 2003-04-15, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Bluegold
You can find third-party manufactured Radeon 9700 Pro cards for just over $300. And get this - last month I ran into a full-blown ATI standard 9700 Pro card that retails for $400 with a $100 INSTANT REBATE at none other than BEST BUY. What kind of insane luck is that? And it was the last day of the sale, so I had to pick it up for my new system config

Side note: The R300 core of the 9700 Pro KILLS anything but the highest model of Geforce FX which is buggy, ugly as a horse's ass, and takes of TWO slots. Why go with anything else??
cuz I have seen sooo much crash on radon cards, ill stick with my g4-4600 thanks
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-15, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

which manufacturer makes the best 9700 pro? I know that ati makes them with the highest clock speed, i don't know much more about the 3rd party manufacturers.
Old 2003-04-15, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sputty
Banned

Why are people saying the Radeon crashes? Which Radeon? The original? The new chips don't crash so you've heard wrong if you think it's new. Hell, my 8500 never has a prob.
Old 2003-04-15, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Mephistroth
Private

I think ATI cards are a lot better than NVidia, I mean, the new R9800 pro totally smokes the GeForce FX, in almost every test PCGamer took. Anyway, I can't afford a 9700 or 9800 cause im poor, lol. So im looking for a decent card at a decent price, maybe a R9500, but I just found a 9700 pro made by ATI directly for $266. That's a pretty nice price. Too bad I only have 200$... sigh.....
Old 2003-04-15, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Venoxile
which manufacturer makes the best 9700 pro? I know that ati makes them with the highest clock speed, i don't know much more about the 3rd party manufacturers.
ati=ati=ati
geforce= 500 diff ones

if your getting radon, just get ati, they are the only ones

and sputty, I have used the 9700 and it crashed on ArmadaII, EliteForce, STNewWorlds, and Tetris (just to name a few) I will admit that all games listed have had fixes made for them, and that the test was done the day it came out, but I have never found 1 thing that my 4600 cant run. Not that the radons are bad cards, I just find that in game you can pump a little more out in gforce (when you have them running side by sind on 21 inch moniters, the gforce seems to be just slightly crisper on the shadowing), and I have not found a game that has crashed with it. Just my expirences though

*actually, thats not true, I have not seen a card in 5 years that can run KKND1, dont know why, but they cant.

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-04-15 at 11:30 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion