Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy] - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only Planetside can prevent forest fires.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-19, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Kayos
Corporal

Re: Try it before you "buy" it

Lets wait for beta and we will all find out exactly how it will all work
Old 2012-06-20, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

VR Range returning?

At first I was not sold on losing the sanctuaries but then I remembered how much time I used to waste in PS1 running around from the HART to the warp gates etc... So, I dig the new continental foothold concept but my question is will the VR range return? I was a terrible pilot and needed it to figure out what the hell I was doing. I liked testing all the weapons & vehicles before certing into them. Forgive me if this is a redundant thread. I can't skim all 1500.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Re: VR Range returning?

Doubtful at launch, atleast all I've heard have been "No's"
Old 2012-06-20, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Ratstomper
Major

I like the idea of Outfit motherships that can support VR technology. It makes sense for an outfit to have a tool to run simulations and get their team in fighting shape. I would kinda like an attack/defense simulator and a vehicle area (like in PS1, but with targets). Another incentive to join an outfit and play with a team...
Old 2012-06-20, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
I like the idea of Outfit motherships that can support VR technology. It makes sense for an outfit to have a tool to run simulations and get their team in fighting shape. I would kinda like an attack/defense simulator and a vehicle area (like in PS1, but with targets). Another incentive to join an outfit and play with a team...
LOL, this reminds me, in IRC a while back we were dreaming up stuff like neutral non combat territory such as cruise ships out in the ocean where players of all factions could use things like VR stations and that kind of thing. Dumb idea, yes, just saying.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
maddoggg
Sergeant

Re: Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy]

I like your idea OP.
It would also be very nice if you can try out the weapons and equipment you havent unlocked yet on some shooting range(kinda like in tribes ascend).
Old 2012-06-20, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

These are great ideas. I'm all for Virtual Reality training rooms on Outfit base Mother ships. You can do all the training on the mother ship, solo, squad, platoon, outfit or even invite other outfits to train together. It would also be nice if the VR rooms would generate any base or map sections of the continents to practice for operations on the conts day or night. Maybe even dual with no grief.

Old 2012-06-20, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

A training ground of sorts would be really nice. I don't want to jump into a game and see new people flying mossies into cliffs and wasting resources and I DEFINITELY don't want to be the guy running the mossie into the cliff.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Virtual Reality Training

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Interesting thoughts! I think that expanding the VR area would be a good investment in the game for those outfits that want to spend more time refining their skills.
I agree, they could allow you to invite people and the sides would not matter. So if you have a TR friend and your VS you guys could get in the same ship for some target practice. Just some fun messing around in other faction's items (not that i want to do that TR and NC can go die in a hole the new is better)

Also Edit: I like the idea of trying any weapon, test out each one and see witch one fits better and tec to it and that should be good yep?

Last edited by fishirboy; 2012-06-20 at 07:01 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
AzK
Sergeant

no need for any ai, a vr thing like the old one, where you can try everything to see what it actually does on target dummies, would be just fine
Old 2012-06-20, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Wayside
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
Okay, so I've actually given a lot of though as to what the VR does for us. Apart from letting us see what weapons and vehicles are available, not to much. Here is my proposal...

Virtual Reality

1. Shooting Range - Familiarize yourself with the available weaponry.
2. Vehicle Range - Familiarize yourself with available vehicles and their controls.
3. Training Scenarios - Face AI's of varied difficulties to learn combat basics. Training Scenarios can be entered as an individual or as a squad.

3.1 - Infantry - A series of conflicts in which the user faces AI's using various tactics and weapons depending on the difficulty chosen.
3.2 - Vehicles - Same as infantry, though the user can pick a vehicle and their position in the vehicle.
3.3 - Aircraft - Same as previous two only in regards to aircraft.

I feel having this third option in VR would be the most beneficial to older players and those wishing to refine their tactics before trying them in the field. It would also allow squads to develop team tactics as well. While I recognize this IS NOT necessary to the game's livelihood, I do think that it would make the VR more practical.

Feedback anyone?
Totally in favor of a VR training option in PS2 similar to what was present in PS1. The implied omission of this feature is on a very short list of what I consider to be VERY disappointing decisions by Higby and company. Especially given the increased sense of investment present with the complicated cert and currency systems being introduced.

I can't imagine they thought removing VR Training would improve the game in any way shape or form. Have to believe they were just looking to save on development time by not adding it. I'd strongly encourage them to reconsider that. This goes right up there with vehicle entry / exit animations as details that helped make PS1 the incredible game that it was. Their absence is rabble rabble, angry noises, gotta go to the bathroom but you get my point.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
Ghostwing
Private

[/QUOTE]I really liked the VR in PS1 for all the reasons you have already mentioned. But has anyone heard anything about VR from the dev-team? Is there going to be a VR at all?

Nevermind. I din't read the thread properly before posting. Apologies!

Admin. please feel free to remove this post. (I cant find where to do it myself)

Last edited by Ghostwing; 2012-07-19 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Did not read the thread properly
Old 2012-07-18, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

In the old training missions of PS! (the first one which did none other but get me killed lol) I was able to get up to BR6 before I started to hit the field. Even though they were porly concieved especially with the first one being instant action that takes you to a camped spawn room, I find that when you go thorugh all of them you have a better understanding.

So I try and look for the new players, those Cr0Br1 in PJs and useing a supressor, grab them make a training squad, then walk them through each of the missions. Also so them tricks like storing medpacks and ammo in the trunk and saving in the favorites at a veh station.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion