Gamespot gives 7.9 points to PLANETSIDE...ahh - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ADA Warning: Do not floss teeth with PlanetSide CD.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-03, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
tmax
Master Sergeant

i dunno i thought it deserved a minimum of an 8.3
Old 2003-06-03, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

Looks to me like the main reason it rated low was he could not find a squad to get in.

And of course the stability issues which need to be fixed.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-03, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
tmax
Master Sergeant

haha yeah he wrote like 2 paragraph on how frustrated he was cuz noone wanted to let him into there squad....sucker
Old 2003-06-03, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Originally posted by tmax
haha yeah he wrote like 2 paragraph on how frustrated he was cuz noone wanted to let him into there squad....sucker
And thus he should LIE, saying that he COULD get in a squad when he couldn't? If he couldn't get in a squad, then he couldn't get in a squad. Hell, if I couldn't get in a squad, I'd be Bitchin' too on a review saying, "I couldn't get in a squad.".

Exactly WHAT do you want? An honest review from one's experience in game or some trumped up shit to make a game look good because you like the game.
Old 2003-06-03, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Krogen
Corporal

Originally posted by PR24
I love the game but HATE the lag. I play to be with my clan/outfit at this point more then to "just play PS" because the lag pisses me off at this point.
I have NEVER (almost) experienced any lag. If I did, it was almost unnocitable {however you spell it } . OK, my PC lags but in a way, when there's a lot of people on the screen shooting each other, my PC just stops. 0-1 frames per second for a while. I don't include this to lag. If you have a 56k then you might lag.

Old 2003-06-03, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by tmartinez72
And thus he should LIE, saying that he COULD get in a squad when he couldn't? If he couldn't get in a squad, then he couldn't get in a squad. Hell, if I couldn't get in a squad, I'd be Bitchin' too on a review saying, "I couldn't get in a squad.".

Exactly WHAT do you want? An honest review from one's experience in game or some trumped up shit to make a game look good because you like the game.
In any game when you first get in, are you going to find people to play with right away

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-03, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
TheJingle
Private

Heh I get very little lag on a 56k on konried ;( , only time i lag is in battles over 70ish people and even that isnt all the time. I get a little delay from 200 ping obviously , but its hardly noticeable...must be an Emerald problem ;p
Old 2003-06-03, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
JackBoCracken
Corporal

Originally posted by Hamma
either that or they dont have every possible hardware and software configuration known to man in house
When it happens to a significant percentage of the user base, it's a problem. It's simply unacceptable, similar to the situation that IBM got itself in with their GXPs...it only happened to ~5% of the users, but that's quite a bit in terms of drive failure...

Besides mass computer farms like at some of the larger companies that continuously loop demos of games in production, the only way to eliminate hard locks is to beta test. It's Sony's fault that they didn't eliminate the hard locks in the beta. It's not our fault that we buy computers that may or may not work with the software.
Old 2003-06-03, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Hamma
Looks to me like the main reason it rated low was he could not find a squad to get in.

And of course the stability issues which need to be fixed.
Other thing they did not take into concideration is the gfx are as good as they can be to not make everyone need a 9700 PRO with 5000 people on a server
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion