Phoenix - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mother of All Spam
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-18, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Koopa
Private

The Pheonix is good, in a sense, but it doesn't kill. It hurts a little, but doesn't kill. It takes four Pheonix missiles to down a Reaver (I went in VR). Three to down a Skeeter. I think three to even down a Harasser. All the Pheonix needs is either a damage buff or put it in clips of two.

</rant>
Old 2003-11-18, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Doppler
Contributor
Major

First off if you fire a phoenix from within an AMS bubble your essentialy blind. Second off the phoenix flight timer is short and the thing doesnt turn worth crap. I'm not saying the phoenix is a bad gun, just like all AV weaponry the fact that it's inherantly less effective then the decimator bothers me. This is compounded in the phoenix case considering its a one round clip. Realisticly for 3 cert points SA gets 4 fucking weapons, one of which is the best max killer in the game and the only one that can actualy per shot make vehicle drivers wince. AV gets a weapons system that it's basic argument is it can either strike from distance with precision, or change target in flight. Lets assume a phoenix user carrying three boxes of ammo, they get 10 shots including th one in the clip, if their using agile their infentory is basicly full, if their in rexo, they got enough room for i think 4 ammo sized box spaces, not cool. A SA deci user carrying that same effective space worth of decis (1 in the weapons slot, 2 more in inventory) has nine shots providing aproximately 40 percent more killing power. This isnt just a problem for the NC but all AV users.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-18, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Doppler
Contributor
Major

On carefull consideration i wohuld like to see AV users either get access to decimators or it be moved over to their weapons class exclusively.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-18, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Ait'al
Contributor
General

People are looking at the weapons damager from the viewpoint of them on there own. They werent all designed to be used singly. You cant and dont want there design to change because it will throw off the whole game balance. You just have to learn what they were designed for and relearn your views of them and learn strategies for them that work. How much Xp you get for useing them in the right numbers was no doubt part of there design when they were tested for balance.
Old 2003-11-20, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I just have said it before and Ill say it again, why does an av troop who spends three cert points (6 counting rexo) have to have many many buddies aroudn where as a reaver trooper (3 points) with the new air towers be totaly self sufficent.
Old 2003-11-20, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Nothing else compares.
But we're not relatively sure a few MAX's will jump the wall and start shooting people while they're acquiring equipment, either...

Which means TR kinda get hosed in the "Tactical weaponry that circumvents base walls" department.

And you're right. That is pretty important.
Old 2003-11-21, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Well reading the squabbling is not for me so i kinda fast forwarded. Heres my story:

Im on NC Emerald, and am basically a Grunt, Infil, Gunner. I have had SA since i started the game maybe 4(?) months ago. Just today i picked up AV. In the fights in Cyssor today (god they lasted FOREVER!!!) i was one of a medium amount of people using phoenix's. In the tower battles there is always 2-4 people firing out of the roof doors. On the battlefield, when i got in close to the base, i was using almost strictly the phoenix, with plenty of ammo. My only other gun was a decimator. I actually had to use it to kill a couple cloakers (teehee. and yes i know, other guns alot beter, but i was filling a role). I def can see that some people complain about the damage, but its NOT a Deci. It never is meant to be. But come on NC, its GUIDED!!! You can sit inside a tower and fire out right before the doors close, and you are SAFE. I love that i can scout with it, even hear the noises. I can give reports when nme's are creating vehics or just hit an AMS that is under alot of cover. The reload time? I have NO sympathy with anyone who complains here. That thing IMHO is fast reload. Compared to Deci!, come on hands down.

Moral of the story:
Just from me having it one day, i think i will be keeping it. It is just SO versatile, and i can keep myself out of harms way. The only thing i have to worry about is cloakers and of course snipers. I love long range combat. i have sniping and love it to death. I think that the phoenix is a great weapon for specific applications. Im NOT taking it base or tower swarming in the hall ways; A Deci is MUCH better in that respect.

But to hear other empires comment negatively on it, i honestly have no beef with anything out there right now. i think almost everything is balanced to the point where i dont get pissed at one single vehic or weapo cert or empire. Alot of people are always gonna vote that there empire has the weakest weapons. But everyone that rallies anti NC think of this. The NC used to DOMINATE constantly on Emerald. I dont see that happening anymore. Perhaps its because we have the balance correct?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion