Vehicle bombs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate or be banned. Just Kidding. Maybe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-27, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

Vehicle bombs

This is just an idea.I have know clue if there is one in the game because im kinda of new i have been playing since Novmeber. When i was watching tv I saw on the news were car bombs has been kill people over there in Iraq. Well i thought of it wouldnt it be cool if you were in a base and there were enemy tanks,ants,ams,ect.. that u could plant a bomb on them and when they got back in there Vechile and drive of boom there toast. lets say they could be time detanoted(sry if misspelled) or remote detanoted(sry if misspelled again).Please reply back to tell me if there already in the game or what u think of havin Vehicle bombs.

Long Live
Old 2004-01-27, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Its called a boomer get CE
Old 2004-01-27, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

What about one that explodes when the engine is started, not destroying the car, only damaging it, or even killing the driver so it could he hacked. An add on to CE.
Old 2004-01-27, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

thats sounds cool hazzer. how about having it were it could destory the vehicle if theres more than one like a convoy of tanks then have one were it just kills the drivers and passngers.
Old 2004-01-27, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think you should be able to place boomers directly on vehicles that are not moving. I have yet to hear any reasonable explination as to how that would be overpowering. It would also increase the effectivness of Saboteur Infiltrators. I cant count the number of times I have snuck up on Skyguards, Enforcers, Deliverers ..etc just sitting there firing from hills and such. As soon as you put a boomer on the ground it drives off. Much better would be if you could Det Pack it. I think you should be able to Det pack MAXs as well. Too bad too sad if they allow you to sneak up on them that closely and then when they see the green smoke they cant evade the explosive radius
Old 2004-01-27, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I would rather have an actual CAR BOMB, like the Demolition Ships in AOE. Drive that puppy right into a deployed AMS hit a trigger and BOOM!!!!!!!
Old 2004-01-27, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

They will be reimplementing the ANT bomb soon, but there wont be a manual "detonate" botton. Just stay in the car until it goes boom.
Old 2004-01-27, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
As soon as you put a boomer on the ground it drives off.
Your options are to surge and run around the vehicle dropping mines which will explode instantly (and do pretty decent damage to boot) or if they're paying less attention (Lightnings) to surround the vehicle with boomers while switching the triggers out in your inventory without detonating them. When you get good with the timing of how quickly you can switch out the inventory, you can detonate 4 boomers in about 5 seconds. You'll be counting your xp and they'll be wondering how they took so much damage so fast.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

these are good ideas. how about u caan get a cert for a car bomb and when u drive it to an enemys base or tower and the car bomb has an abililty to look like an enemys ant colors so they dont know what hit them.they could only use it like every 15-20 mintues so it wouldnt be used all the time by car bombers. but the problem is would the driver get killed with the car bomb or would he try to make a run for it and how many certs would it cost ?
Old 2004-01-27, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

While we are thinking in poor taste..

Why not add a suit of armor that has no weapon slots but instead is loaded with 100 pounds of high explosives. You surge into a spawn room and detonate it killing your self and everyone around you.

Thats what most people do anyway. Atleast with this new Palistine Armor you can actually kill someone before you get mowed over by a bunch of respawns with supressors.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

hey zjinPS its not bad taste to think of somthing remeber its an idea . any way that 100 pound suicide bomber armor is not a bad idea if you feel like killing yourself to kill many others. it would be a quick way to clear a spwan room.
Old 2004-01-27, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BlakLizard
Private

Having magnetic boomers or mines that u could stick on vehicles and MAX's would be good. Or something like the plasma grenades in Halo that stick to people and vehicles when u throw them.
Old 2004-01-27, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Spee
Colonel

This thread sucks.
Old 2004-01-27, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fenrys
Major

If we get car bombs, I'll start a new outfit - Escabar Industries.
Old 2004-01-27, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

Spee if it sucks than why reply?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion