The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Make a wish
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-06-03, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13

NC on Connery has two major issues.

1.) They are two afraid to push forward. They would rather group up behind the walls/shields and fire out.

2.) They never ever pull AMS's to the front the rare times the NC does advance forward. The NC only knows how to foot zerg with occasional armor support. It seems like I only see ARA and some 666 members pulling them to the front. If we don't do it then the NC advance fails right then and there.

On top of them not pulling them we have to compete with our own faction members trying to knock out the precious few we do manage to move up.

Edit: Removed last line.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-06-03 at 09:27 PM.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
What did the TR gain by supposedly "betraying" the NC. It isn't like we would get anything by doing that. Why would we stop anyone from taking away the VS lock on Indar?
You cannot take away a continent lock simply by Warp-Gating the Current owning faction. You must warp-gate BOTH opposing factions. That's the way it's been since they introduced continent locking. Maybe I missed a patch note somewhere, but I'd like a link to it if that's the case.

So, in fact, the TR would have gained something if they'd pulled off their betrayal - they'd have taken the Continent-Lock for themselves.

You know, this is pretty obvious to me, and I'm apparently the dumbest guy here, so I find it hard to believe that the Super-Strategic-Masterminds who run the large Outfits didn't see it.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jax Blake
Private

Quite dumb and probably from Helios.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Your momma is from Helios.
Old 2013-06-03, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

To Neutralize the continent, you take away all the territory from the Empire that controls the Continent.

To Conquer the continent (and take the bonus for yourself), you take all the territory from both opposing factions.

It's been that way sense the Beta.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-06-03 at 11:56 PM.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
You cannot take away a continent lock simply by Warp-Gating the Current owning faction. You must warp-gate BOTH opposing factions. That's the way it's been since they introduced continent locking. Maybe I missed a patch note somewhere, but I'd like a link to it if that's the case.

So, in fact, the TR would have gained something if they'd pulled off their betrayal - they'd have taken the Continent-Lock for themselves.

You know, this is pretty obvious to me, and I'm apparently the dumbest guy here, so I find it hard to believe that the Super-Strategic-Masterminds who run the large Outfits didn't see it.
Uh nope, all you have to do is remove the owning factions territories and it is back to neutral.

Old 2013-06-04, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Cont-Locking wasn't even in Beta. Cont-Locking didn't come until after the game went live.

From the official wiki:

Capturing all contested territories in a continent will provide a temporary bonus to the controlling empire:

Indar - Reduction of cost for items purchased with Infantry resources.
Esamir - Reduction of cost for vehicles purchased with Mechanized resources.
Amerish - Reduction of cost for aircraft purchased with Aerospace resources.
Nothing about neutralizing the lock. The only time I've seen conts be neutral is after the WGs are rotated.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Yeah, he's from Helios, he has to be.

Continent Locking still isn't -IN- the game yet, It's in the Roadmap. Continent Control is in the game, and was in the Beta, but not Locking.

Yes, just as you linked, Take Control of the Continent and GET the Bonus listed. If your Empire's hold on the Continent is Neutralized then that bonus is lost. You don't have to Control the Continent to Neutralize the bonus, just take away all the territory of the controlling faction.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-06-04 at 12:30 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
Yeah, he's from Helios, he has to be.

Continent Locking still isn't -IN- the game yet, It's in the Roadmap. Continent Control is in the game, and was in the Beta, but not Locking.

Yes, just as you linked, Take Control of the Continent and GET the Bonus listed. If your Empire's hold on the Continent is Neutralized then that bonus is lost. You don't have to Control the Continent to Neutralize the bonus, just take away all the territory of the controlling faction.
QFT

This man is correct.

Old 2013-06-04, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

THE NC just doesn't have leadership that's willing to poke their faces out from the few and far between orders thrown about. Whiel the NC on Connery may have quantity(Which is beginning to fail as well), quality is another matter entirely both in our gear and our playbase.

And before anyone says it no that's not a cry for a buff.
Old 2013-06-04, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
THE NC just doesn't have leadership that's willing to poke their faces out from the few and far between orders thrown about. Whiel the NC on Connery may have quantity(Which is beginning to fail as well), quality is another matter entirely both in our gear and our playbase.

And before anyone says it no that's not a cry for a buff.
In before I get muted from Orders chat *Cracks fingers*. But damn, Sunday seemed kinda stressed from the NC point of view I gather from these posts. Guess I need to be on more Weekends to help steer the herd.

Old 2013-06-05, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

You'll never be able to lead the zerg unfortunately. Its best to just point them in the right direction and let them do their thing. Try and support them from the outskirts flipping outlying points on the lattice to help influence their direction next.

Old 2013-06-05, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Canaris
Contributor
General

guess the Connery VS just don't inspire the same hatred Miller TR do, we have the VS & NC singing "Kumbayah" together around camp fires with marshmellows they dislike us so much, not that I'd blame them handsome heroic devils that we are

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-06-05, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
guess the Connery VS just don't inspire the same hatred Miller TR do, we have the VS & NC singing "Kumbayah" together around camp fires with marshmellows they dislike us so much, not that I'd blame them handsome heroic devils that we are
they're just jealous of your stylish hats

Old 2013-06-05, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
You'll never be able to lead the zerg unfortunately. Its best to just point them in the right direction and let them do their thing. Try and support them from the outskirts flipping outlying points on the lattice to help influence their direction next.

this is utter bullshit,you can lead them if they think you will put them in situations that they can win,once they trust you they will listen to you anytime.

just because you can't do it doesn't make it impossible for everyone else.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)