SmokeJumper Sayeth this - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We're PSU. Who the hell are you?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-09-15, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

It will probbally be a ROF increase on the prowler

So dont you little NC's worry your little tanky tank will still be able to 1 shot infrantry, shoot down reavers in 2 hits and have the biggest over all gun
YAY! Uncalled for condecending attitude! Madcat? Die plzkthnxla~

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-15, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by shadowseed
How many striker missiles does it take ? i think its less than 15. I dont know, as i ussally get them before they get me. Its only when several of them (and anti-V MAXS) team up to get me that im in trouble, which is fair enough!.
I'm almost positive it's 15 Strikers, assuming no other damage from other places. Obviously how quickly you die should change if there are 2-3 Striker users or MAXs are thrown into the mix, but as you stated that is fair enough. A single Striker user is no threat to a medium tank, and two of them should be fairly simple to fend off. More than that, run like hell and figure something different out.
Old 2003-09-15, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Lol...All you NC are whining...You still have the JH. You still have the 150 milly. 1 hit kills to the infantry, 2 to the maxes, 1 to the lightning, and all the neat stuff you can do with a vangaurd. Prowler to be used effectively needs 3 people...which is very nice to have becuase you have to different weapons on it. The thing is...When I gun in a Prowler...it always seems to die so quick to magriders and vangaurds...I think the Prowler just needs some more armor, thats all.

Old 2003-09-15, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Madcat170
Sergeant

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
YAY! Uncalled for condecending attitude! Madcat? Die plzkthnxla~
Wasnt uncalled for i was reassuring some of the NC that was worried that the prowler would have a bigger gun than the Vanguard. I was just doing it in a childish and simple to understand manner.

After a re read i did generalise a bit i suppose

Last edited by Madcat170; 2003-09-15 at 10:35 AM.
Old 2003-09-15, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Well if the Prowler is still going to have alternating crosshairs while firing, that should help balance it out a bit.

Also, other factors like the high profile make it easier to hit.

Yes, the NC is about firepower, but they are about firepower in one big shot.

The prowler could potentially outdamage a vanguard user, if the gunner is good.

Otherwise its pretty equal imo
Old 2003-09-15, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

If anything, it will be that the chaingun is upgraded to 20mm or that the current 12mm will actually fire simultaniously instead of firing syncronously.

There is nothing wrong with the output on the main gun. It is the 12mm that is a joke and the sole reason why prowlers are always missing 1 gunner

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-09-15, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SmokeJumper
PlanetSide Dev

I'm prepping a big explanatory document about the balance pass that's coming, so I'm not going to try to get into the details here (you really must see the entire picture to get it all, sorry), but here's a few tidbits of the *modified* tanks forthcoming:

The Prowler is getting more shots per second in order to fulfill the TR's vaunted "most shots in the air" conceit (most damage over time). The Prowler has less armor than the Vanguard (slightly more than the Magrider), but can really pour out the firepower now. Keep them alive (and have all three crew inside) and these tanks are very powerful.

The Vanguard is getting more armor (and already *has* the cannon that fires the most powerful projectile in the game), so it's a tough sonagun.

The Magrider is still all about mobility and it's direct-fire weaponry. It's the fastest of the three tanks, the most nimble, and without having to compensate for indirect fire, it's cannons can be deadly in a tank-to-tank fight.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-09-15, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SmokeJumper
PlanetSide Dev

Oh yeah...all the vehicle machineguns are getting a facelift also...but I'm going to wait to reveal more details until we've tested this internally a bit longer.
Old 2003-09-15, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Interesting. If you guys are comfortable with a DPS upgrade for the main gun I certainly wont complain I think the main problem with the 100mm as it stands now is simply the splash damage is almost non-existant. Any chance the accuracy of the Recticle can be fixed as well?
Old 2003-09-15, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Wasnt uncalled for i was reassuring some of the NC that was worried that the prowler would have a bigger gun than the Vanguard.
Here's my point, because I think you might have missed it. You could have said "No, I don't think they'd give the prowler a bigger gun, probably just increase it's RoF or something." but instead you said "So dont you little NC's worry your little tanky tank will still be able to 1 shot infrantry, shoot down reavers in 2 hits and have the biggest over all gun". See how those two are different and the first one doesn't make you sound like a arrogant dick?

*Edit*
Missed Smoke's post. Sounds.....interesting. Have to check it out once it's out on Test when I get a chance to.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2003-09-15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2003-09-15, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Smoke, the biggest issue with the Magrider is it's ability to run people over in MASS.

The guns aren't used, as far as I'm concerned it's not a tank, it's a battering ram.
Old 2003-09-15, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Valcron
Smoke, the biggest issue with the Magrider is it's ability to run people over in MASS.

The guns aren't used, as far as I'm concerned it's not a tank, it's a battering ram.
The guns are used, they're just less useful in a lot of situations than the other tanks. Read his post, though, sounds like they're taking some Magrider armor away which is going to mean a lot more hitting and running and a lot less plowing and plowing.
Old 2003-09-15, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Sweet!! With a good crew, we've managed to survive a few encounters with a single vanguard .. magriders, so long as you stay out of direct fire, are manageable .. but still harry. Add in the reaver or mosquito flying over and the ever present AV, be it Max or missile, and things get down right dangerous .. but it's fun as hell. Two vans scare the daylights outta me, but ya gotta try.

Have yet to pilot a magrider .. one of my outfit mates hacked a vanguard the other night and we took it for a joy ride. I gained a whole new respect and understanding for it afterwards .. and except for not being able to reload the cannons, it was a blast!

Heh, nice to see a Dev still checks in here.
Old 2003-09-15, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Oh my god! Oh my god! SmokeJumper poseted *Gasp* *Gasp* *Gasp* /feint

People are just trying to use the 12mm in the wrong way. The .50 cals are not for delicate target selection, they are made for suppressive fire. If you use it like a support weapon, and not an automatic sniper rifle, they become much more effective. I've used them before to great effect.
Old 2003-09-15, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

no, there is nothing good about the Prowler's 12mm guns

1) they suck ass
2) no one wants to gun for a 12mm except if they need a ride
3) Run out of ammo so fast why waste your time (new base refills have helped this a little)
4) If you cant get in the 100mm on this prowler, wait for the next one coming out of the vehicle queue and so on
5) have fun shooting at a mosquito for a minute and a half, and almost running out of ammo before you kill it. I sure dont
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion