Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 27 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: please be ready to show proof of your sense of humour.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #391
Stew
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
french. It sounds soo awful. An abomination
please be civilized been raciste and saying such thing about a languages or people do not have a place in forums this isnt contructive and it juts childish and really bad

every people are free to speak the languages they want wiout been juge by people like you i would like to see you to stop saying such thing in the near futur please thanks !

A little respect for others culture and language will not hurt you
Old 2012-06-09, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #392
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
It's called area denial. Perfectly valid tactic. Exactly the same as the mines that the engineer already has.

The tactics come from the fact that to counter it you have to think ahead rather than just rush blindly into open ground where an enemy can draw a bead on you.

Likewise, the tactics of the area denial is trying to get a spot which has exactly the right amount of sightlines. Too many and you're also a big target, too few and you're ineffective.

The main weakness of this is tunnel vision. As a player cannot effectively deny everything within sigh they have to pick one area, which they then must constantly focus on to effectively deny it.

There are numerous situation-specific ways to deal with people who are dug in. Prone doesn't change that.
best quote ever to getting into a sniping position, people think camping is a bad thing, its used in real life people every one has there own pace people do better when there able to fight from a far away advantage and I find it funny how people hate snipers because they camp... do you even know what a sniper is? Not quick scope you flipping moron. In real life (this game is not i know) you have to find a place to "camp" that is the whole point of snipers you cant use them in close quarters. Man I wish that it took like 5 seconds to look into scope then people would feel how a real sniper does his work. DOWN WITH QUICK SCOPING!

Also words of advice, if you get killed by a sniper by going into an aria why not just go around?! Amazing i know! I am just a guineas with a brain.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #393
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Hay i just thought of something that you stupid people that hate prone cant realy counter. If prone if so bad then why use it??? Like many people before me "If you don't like it don't do it!" and if they added it to the game how long would it take for you to use it, the more people use it the better it is to have in game. Lets take guns for example, a bad gun would never be used if it's not as good as this other gun next to it, or it would be used less then the other gun next to it. That is kind of the way prone, crouch and standing work. You bring a new gun to the table and every one freaks out because they don't know how good it is or how bad it is, what is going to bring???
Old 2012-06-09, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #394
LPRaver
Private

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
In fact if core ps1 gamers expect ps2 to be anywhere near planetside 1 they will hate the game
You make a very valid point and I totally agree. I felt like my response was not leaning for or against prone. However I do think you misunderstood me slightly. I am not comparing this with the first game. (Though I do believe it is a fair comparison) I was simply trying to make people think about why they want something in the game or not in the game based on "this" games mechanics not some other game like COD or BF3.

I just dont want PC games to get stuck in the same slump that console games have gotten themselves into and want to encourage a friendly discussion about why it should or should not be in the game based on what makes it good for "this" game or why it hurts it.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #395
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Fishir, do you really have to insult the people who disagree with you?
Old 2012-06-09, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #396
Elude
First Sergeant

Prone isn't bad it's just redundant.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #397
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
if you get killed by a sniper by going into an aria
You should be killing the enemy, not singing on the battlefield, soldier!

Hay i just thought of something that you stupid people that hate prone cant realy counter.
Yes, because our different in opinion must be a reflection upon our intelligence.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #398
Algo
Corporal

Hay i just thought of something that you stupid people that hate prone cant realy counter.
You're so cunning.
People hate prone because it's boring as fuck.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #399
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
^^^
They don't have prone in yet, the poll shows the majority do not want it. You can argue it all you want, but chances are slim that it will be implemented.
This pool to me means nothing since its a (( secret pool )) so you cant see if their is accont multiplyer ive sen a guy who reply and was deeply agains prone but has 0 post before this one kinda strange and make me ask one question

is this post is really representative and also make me think Why not waiting for a Prone in build betatest to figure out if it work ?

so for me secret pool are null
Old 2012-06-09, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #400
LPRaver
Private

Hay i just thought of something that you stupid people that hate prone cant realy counter. If prone if so bad then why use it??? Like many people before me "If you don't like it don't do it!" and if they added it to the game how long would it take for you to use it, the more people use it the better it is to have in game. Lets take guns for example, a bad gun would never be used if it's not as good as this other gun next to it, or it would be used less then the other gun next to it. That is kind of the way prone, crouch and standing work. You bring a new gun to the table and every one freaks out because they don't know how good it is or how bad it is, what is going to bring???
Lets not call people stupid based on opinions. I think the logical counter to your statement though is that people do not want it in the game because they do not want to use it. They do not want anyone to be able to use it. You have a good point about the guns but im not so sure it applies for some of the complaints against prone. Diving and shooting for instance is in some games with prone. Even if I refuse to use the prone mechanic I am still effected by those who choose to use this mechanic. Where as if I do not use a gun and I get killed by it we all still have guns.... I hope that makes sense.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #401
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
Fishir, do you really have to insult the people who disagree with you?
sorry if i do its just that some people have no respect of new things coming to the table they say that what ever worked in PS1 is fine we don't need any thing like PRONE in the game! It would bring the disaster to us all even though the game is not out yet and we have never even tried it! Its not like the devs could take it out if it was bad! haha (I am not really up to par, per say with my social skills and need to work on not hurting my opponents with words that are on the screen, i never see words as hurt full and don't care about them that is why I am bad at not hurting people online)
Old 2012-06-09, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #402
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This pool to me means nothing since its a (( secret pool )) so you cant see if their is accont multiplyer ive sen a guy who reply and was deeply agains prone but has 0 post before this one kinda strange and make me ask one question

is this post is really representative and also make me think Why not waiting for a Prone in build betatest to figure out if it work ?

so for me secret pool are null
I could care less if you think the poll is null. It isn't. Maybe the guy is so against prone that he decided to register to voice his opinion? Wouldn't be the first time this happens on PSU.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #403
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Stew, do you honestly think there are really that many people who would do something like that? You might as well throw out every poll ever done in an online forum.

It's also disrespectful. You're basically saying "I have to be right! There's no way that this many people disagree with me, therefore people have to be bending the rules!" Sheesh.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #404
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by LPRaver View Post
Lets not call people stupid based on opinions. I think the logical counter to your statement though is that people do not want it in the game because they do not want to use it. They do not want anyone to be able to use it. You have a good point about the guns but im not so sure it applies for some of the complaints against prone. Diving and shooting for instance is in some games with prone. Even if I refuse to use the prone mechanic I am still effected by those who choose to use this mechanic. Where as if I do not use a gun and I get killed by it we all still have guns.... I hope that makes sense.
yep veiled point, as there are cons but using this give the opponent the edge that is the whole point, making them a smaller target with out going beyond the limits of actually making them smaller
Old 2012-06-09, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #405
duomaxwl
Captain

sorry if i do its just that some people have no respect of new things coming to the table they say that what ever worked in PS1 is fine we don't need any thing like PRONE in the game! It would bring the disaster to us all even though the game is not out yet and we have never even tried it!
Most of us do not have issues with new things coming to the table. Have you seen how different Planetside 2 is from Planetside 1? Sure, a lot of us nitpick, but if we weren't open about the changes, we'd have moved on. Most of us have played games with prone, and the majority of those who voted do not want it in PS2. Just move on.