Dopplers Air Hate thread - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What you think this is an AA forum for Planetside Addicts?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-11, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
Oh yes, i am a newb for mentioning the inferiority of the TR...I am just saying how VS and NC should check out TR warfare before they complain about how "unfair" the game is towards them...The fact remains that VS and NC do the MOST whining out of the empire's so shaddap. Striker does crap for damage, and all of the maxes are inferior...But then again, why listen to newbish ol' me.
I'm sorry but recently my outfit picked up some TR alt's on Emerald and I must say teh MCG racked me up more damage(not killss because we all had them) than i ever did with the JH back whan i had it(i hate HA with a passion but i felt i shouldn't knock it before i had tried it) i even took out a liberator that decided to fly low. i absolutely fear Locked down pounders as a reaver pilot it can take you as fast as a Skyguard. But for some reason they are to dumb to lock down in safe places like next to wall in Cortyards and behind hills, if a person doesn't know a max is there they won't look

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-11, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
I'm sorry but recently my outfit picked up some TR alt's on Emerald and I must say teh MCG racked me up more damage(not killss because we all had them) than i ever did with the JH back whan i had it(i hate HA with a passion but i felt i shouldn't knock it before i had tried it) i even took out a liberator that decided to fly low. i absolutely fear Locked down pounders as a reaver pilot it can take you as fast as a Skyguard. But for some reason they are to dumb to lock down in safe places like next to wall in Cortyards and behind hills, if a person doesn't know a max is there they won't look
The burster is the AA max. If you survived long locked down outside, then you were incredibly lucky, or their wasn't much enemy activity. Try doing that when you see a large/huge/massive tag on the base and you can count your survival in seconds. Nothing like getting hit by 4 pheonix misses at the exact same time, lots of overkill.

If you want mad kills in a max, jump into the NC scat max. It is hands down the best killer of all the maxes indoors. For outdoor kills, VS AA (starfire) is the king of kills outdoors (with the NC sparrow a very close second).

As to your comments over MCG/JH, if your noticing a large difference between the two weapons, then your not using one of them properly. MCG/JH are both extremely good killers, depending on the situation. If your using the JH like a MCG, yeah your kills will suffer.

As to other complaints about the striker, come on folks, each empires AV has it's strengths AND weaknesses. If you only focus on one's strengths, and compare it to the other's weakness, of course it will look over powered. If, however, you compare the total picture, you will see that no single AV is better than another AV.

Anyway, figured this would get derailed into a general balance whine/flame war/I got the bigger d!(k contest. I do think that adding vehicle pads would be a step in the right direction, but not the 100% solution.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KIAsan
As to other complaints about the striker, come on folks, each empires AV has it's strengths AND weaknesses. If you only focus on one's strengths, and compare it to the other's weakness, of course it will look over powered. If, however, you compare the total picture, you will see that no single AV is better than another AV.
I agree with everything but this. Lancer is undoubtably the worst AV. Stiker and pheonix have their strengths (pheonix is safe to use from a distance while striker has the best close range aa capabilities). The lancer can't really lay claim to either of these... Move around with a lancer (like with a striker) and you're cof will bloom to insane proportions. And while you can fire from relative safety like with the pheonix, you still expose yourself far more than you would have to than with the pheonix.

The only way I'd say lancer is better is 1v1 I think the lancer of all the av's would have the best ttk (I can't say for sure however).

Most of all... no splash damage
Old 2004-04-12, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I've used all of the AV weapons extensively (excluding the Pheonix, I don't have an NC character high enough to use it, so I've only been able to loot it) and I have to say that the Lancer isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. The Lancer is really good for long range, so the faster the vehicle is moving, the harder it is to use. So I would have to say the Lancer and the Striker are on par with each other.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Air Cavalry are taken down with great ease by any empires AA Max. So I think it is worth them being able to repair at a nearby airtower to have a second strike. Because if an AA MAX gets hold of them; they wont be going to any Air Tower.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
flypengy
Master Sergeant

I've used them all extensively too

Even played with the lancer back when it could be used as a ghetto sniper. (Deleted my NC and played VS for a month before begging them to let me have my nc back). I stand by my statement that the lancer is the weakest of the av's. It does fill the "adaptability" roll the VS are suppose to play, but after driving a mag, driving a prowler (what I've been spending my time doing lately), and driving a vanguard I'm convinced that VS just have the weakest AV. Especially against flying units.

When playing my NC/TR I don't use reaver against VS unless I have aa max's to deal with( I don't have to constantly run back for more rockets with the mosquito like I do with the reaver). As a matter of fact, when flying, I'm more concerned with pulsar's than I am with lancers. I know with lancers after the second shot they're going to miss (I'll be high-tailing it out of there), but a pulsar can keep hitting you.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I havent read this thread yet but the problem isnt anti air. Its the lack of people having it or something else to keep them at bay. There are few if any pilots who stay, or can, for long if you fire something that can hurt them. Or alot of times something that cant. ITs not that easy to his stuff with a plane. its like being on the ground but people see you more and you arent as still when you fire. And the mosquito doesnt do that much damage unless its a trooper. The only way those damn reavers can do that is if the idiots around you arent watching to attack them or scare them off. Which happens way to much. Its not always anti air that people dont have. Its usually any of hte main support roles, hacking, med, and in this case anti vehicle weapons alot and usually anti max weapons for the VS when there around for some reason. The guy who has a lasher usually isnt around when the damn max is ripping up the 50 people outside the base who all have pulsars or something.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-12 at 06:49 AM.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
flypengy
Master Sergeant

^^^

Cries for you cause you wasted money on 9800XT :'(
Old 2004-04-12, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I use alot of large screen resolutions. And i use high setting alot and bought all graphic intense games. i get lots of use out of it. 8)
Old 2004-04-12, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Nothing out yet that requires 250. It's over kill for even HL2 (which is suppose to be the up and coming front runner of gfx). Soon, very soon in fact, you'll be glad you have it
Old 2004-04-12, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Ait'al
Contributor
General

just need an overclocking program to overclock the crappy processor and ram i have for the moment. Anyone have a link to an overclocking program. No one in the tech forum is giving me one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion