How to find, stay with my squad? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better then green eggs and ham!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-11-15, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
mekabuser
Private

How to find, stay with my squad?

I know how to auto join a squad, Ive been in them, but how do I actually find them ? Ive been in squads the last few nights and can only occasionally catch a glimpse of them on the horizon. Im not on a mic, but I figured i would be able to hear them .
Secondly , is it in option to respawn on my squad leader ? Ive looked for a squad tut but didnt see anything here.
Loving the game so far, but would love to be part of a squad based action with real concrete goals.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 2012-11-15, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mordicant
Sergeant

You can IA onto you SL. You also should be able to spawn at their closest spawn point. Make sure you have voice enabled and they could also just not be using the voice.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kioman
Private

Re: How to find, stay with my squad?

Most squads do not operate as a unit. When you look at the map and see the squad scattered all over the map, chances are, you're in a broken squad. Find one where the unit is tightly clustered, and do as the previous poster suggested and Instant Action on the squad leader.
It's so much more fun playing with a group of operators than just solo.
Old 2012-11-17, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: How to find, stay with my squad?

Unless they're within 100 yards to see on your mini map, you have to open your map, pick a continent to search, and search for their numbers. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! If they're in vehicles they won't have numbers, just a tiny green icon. SO now you'll probably have to turn off territory control to be able to see it better, then you may still not find it because they are hiding behind a hotspot so turn those off.

NOW you should be able to find anyone.

Sounds so much easier then just having every squad number in your minimap with a direction indicator doesn't i?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions