Engineer Utility Pouch? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you got it, flaunt it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-11-18, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tenhi
Corporal

Engineer Utility Pouch?

I searched and couldnt find a thread about it. So what exactly does the Utility Pouch?<_<

L1: Cost 200

Allows C-4 explosives to be carried in the Utility Pouch, increasing the overall carrying capacity by one (1).

L2: Cost 400

Allows Tank Mines explosives to be carried in the Utility Pouch, increasing the overall carrying capacity by one (1).

L3: Cost 500

Allows C-4 explosives to be carried in the Utility Pouch, increasing the overall carrying capacity.

L4: Cost 1000

Allows Tank Mines explosives to be carried in the Utility Pouch, increasing the overall carrying capacity.

L5: Cost 1000

Allows Claymore Mines explosives to be carried in the Utility Pouch, increasing the overall carrying capacity by one (1).
Does that mean if I skill Utility Pouch L1 I can carry C4 without the C4 Cert (would seem odd...)? If I still need the C4 Cert (and all the other explosive certs)... what is the Utility Pouch good for? If I have to normaly equip the C4/Mines etc in the Utility Slot and it just increases my capacity... is it worth it?

If its only the capacity... with C4 L2 and Utility Pouch L3 I could carry 4 C4... but for 1800 Certs Oo At the same time it would cost me the other Suit Upgrades (Shield/Nanoweave).

Last edited by Tenhi; 2012-11-18 at 08:01 PM.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Re: Engineer Utility Pouch?

Utility Pouch is likely just referring to the Utility Slot. When you Certify in C4, Claymores, Mines, Healing Packs then you can equip them in that slot. You would never be able to equip something you weren't certed in. You can increase the number of each you can carry by spending more points for each item.

You can only equip one of those at a time, and some are restricted to specific classes.

Last edited by JoeDragon; 2012-11-18 at 09:47 PM.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by JoeDragon View Post
Utility Pouch is likely just referring to the Utility Slot. When you Certify in C4, Claymores, Mines, Healing Packs then you can equip them in that slot. You would never be able to equip something you weren't certed in. You can increase the number of each you can carry by spending more points for each item.

You can only equip one of those at a time, and some are restricted to specific classes.
Uhm... yeah. What you say is right, but it wasnt really what I was asking^^

The Utility Pouch is a Suit Upgrade (http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Utility_Pouch). I know that I can equip C4 etc in my Utility Slot. The question was how exactly the Utility Pouch Suit Upgrade interacts with all that.

After thinking it through a little bit more I think it really is "only" an increase in capacity . You still cant equip more than 1 Explosive but you get more of them at a time.

So yeah... the question still (kinda) stands. What do you guys think, is the Utility Pouch worth the high Certcosts of 1800 for 4 C4? And if you think about it... if you want 4 Tank-Mines or 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines its even pricier (4 Tank-Mines would be 2400, 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines would be 3350 and that is without certing the other explosives <_<). If you cert all the explosives and the Utility Pouch its 4350 xD

Prices are acording to http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Engineer ... not sure how updated that is, but IIRC the C4 was at 200 Certs for L1 at the end of the beta.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
pilakin
Private

It is "only" an increase in capacity, but often a key one. With 4 AV mines instead of 3, you can blow up 2 sunderers in one run. With 4 C4 instead of 2, you can blow up 2 turrets and also have a sure kill on a sunderer, cuz it takes 3 C4 for this.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tenhi View Post
Uhm... yeah. What you say is right, but it wasnt really what I was asking^^

The Utility Pouch is a Suit Upgrade (http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Utility_Pouch). I know that I can equip C4 etc in my Utility Slot. The question was how exactly the Utility Pouch Suit Upgrade interacts with all that.

After thinking it through a little bit more I think it really is "only" an increase in capacity . You still cant equip more than 1 Explosive but you get more of them at a time.

So yeah... the question still (kinda) stands. What do you guys think, is the Utility Pouch worth the high Certcosts of 1800 for 4 C4? And if you think about it... if you want 4 Tank-Mines or 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines its even pricier (4 Tank-Mines would be 2400, 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines would be 3350 and that is without certing the other explosives <_<). If you cert all the explosives and the Utility Pouch its 4350 xD

Prices are acording to http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Engineer ... not sure how updated that is, but IIRC the C4 was at 200 Certs for L1 at the end of the beta.
Sorry, I thought you we're asking if you can equip something you weren't certed into, via the utility pouch. But yeah it would just be an option to carry a couple more of the Utility item you have equipped at the time. The base cert for those items usually increase carrying capacity as well, so it's basically just an option for a little more.

As to whether it's worth it or not? Comes down to personal preference. Do you like setting Claymores around a base before an assault occurs? Do you like lining a road with Anti-tank mines and sit back and watch the hilarity ensue? If so you would want to increase your carry capacity any way you can.

Otherwise, it would be better to invest in a defensive suit upgrade instead.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions