Does vanu suck - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than late night television
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-13, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mikamas
Private

Does vanu suck

Does anyone think Vanu Sovin. sucks??
If so let me know and tell me y.

Thanks

_Mighty Mighty Miakams_
Old 2003-06-13, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

No. They may need a slight tweaking to their weapons. The Vanu are pretty much equal with the NC IMHO. I haven't played against the TR enough since the nerf to say how well we do against them.

The problem is that many people think that the Vanu are terrible, so they go to other realms. The Vanu lose more due to less manpower than anything else. Looking at each server last night, Vanu were short-handed on all of them.

I look on the positive side of being outnumbered- I get less grief points

Last edited by kerosene31; 2003-06-13 at 08:44 AM.
Old 2003-06-13, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Agathon
Sergeant

Well...

Hello,

From my experience they do not suck equipment wise or coding wise. They just need to work on their tactics, and all the bad talk about them is making people not play them frankly. It is the same reason everyone saying the TR were over powered had a ton of folks switching to TR. Those electrical weapons they have hurt like hell frankly, and I've been killed just as easily by VS as TR. It is just a matter of tactics from my experience. The VS are scattered all over, do not work well together usually, and their numbers are lower.

I'm considering trying one just to get a flying max! Besides, they are purple, and they look cool. Considering myself and everyone I know IRL who plays are in a clan/outfit of silly people with a silly name like Das Mallows, a Barney suited, silly looking, Vanu might be the faction of choice for us after all. /chuckle

;-)
Old 2003-06-13, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kaltagesta
Banned

please will u guys stop moaning about Vanu being crap tacticians because we are always spread out? someone else has already said this - if we had the weapons capable of doing full-frontal assault then we would. im not saying our weapons are bad, just that they arent good for battering rams, and so we must use other tactics, for which our weapons are better suited
Old 2003-06-13, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Agathon
Sergeant

Uhm, okay 8-)

Hello,

I'm just stating my opinion based on what I've seen on Emerald. I mean spread out not as in a squad of guys really far apart on the same field of battle. I mean zerging compared to not. When TR and NC go on assaults, they have HUGE forces that all stick together to make the attacks effective and easy. I've NEVER seen the Vanu on Emerald do this frankly, but then maybe I jsut wasn't around. I'm not being negative about you guys either. You have good players and leaders, and you can kick butt just as easily as the other two factions. I'm hopeful you do get stuff working together frankly, because it will be more fun overall for everyone.

Your weapons are fine. But then I thought the TR weapons were fine. I've only fought AGAINST TR also, and even as a full-time NC player I still think all of this nerf stuff is silly. People complain too much. As much as you say it isn't about tactics, I still believe it is at least 80% tactics on the emerald server. If you think it is your gear, then why are the Vanu owning folks on other servers? Their gear is fine! hee hee

:-)
Old 2003-06-13, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Horray more people who have never played Vanu arguing that vanu are fine!

Please play the faction prior to judging them.

Vanu need a bit of tweaking but they are fine overall. Just stay away from the lasher and pulsar and thresher and maxes and you will do well.
Old 2003-06-13, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I bleed Purple!

No we don't suck. I think we're just a harder faction to play right. We can kick some serious ass when we want to and everyone uses their brains a little.
Old 2003-06-13, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Another one? Ban please.
Old 2003-06-13, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

No, Vanu does not suck. However if you want to do well with them you can't just use the run through the front door guns blazing tactic that works so well for NC/TR. Against the same number of people you have to be sneakier and more organzied in most cases.

And spare me the Vanu MAXs suck thing. Nothing sucks more than being up on your base wall feeling somewhat safe and having 3 or 4 Vanu MAXs drop next to you, do "vvw", and then end your life

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-13, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
And spare me the Vanu MAXs suck thing. Nothing sucks more than being up on your base wall feeling somewhat safe and having 3 or 4 Vanu MAXs drop next to you, do "vvw", and then end your life
Take a few steps and head inside and watch our advantage and special ability disappear.
Old 2003-06-13, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I remember one person saying during beta something like this:

"Whatever empire I am fighting seems to be overpowered until I roll a character of that empire and realize they suck."

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-13, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Seer
Major

The vanu sovereignty does not suck, but their maxs are fairly overrated.
Old 2003-06-13, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

I just think the vanu are a totally different "type" of empire, an may require a bit more experience.
Old 2003-06-13, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I have BR 11 NC and BR 15 VS. NC is fine, VS needs help. I do fine with VS if I avoid lasher, pulsar, thresher, and max suits... that is just wrong!
Old 2003-06-13, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ColdbringeR
Corporal

Vanu suck because they are outnumbered and unorganized. They are outnumbered because they are purple. Purple is a crappy color. Nobody likes purple unless they are gay or female. So since there are so many gays and females on the Vanu they tend to be disorganized because they are always chatting with eachother about how their command ranks make them look like they are wearing bell bottoms, and how it's sooo out of style.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion