Dop's White Paper - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got Rice?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-24, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SkunkPunk
Major

haphestaus(GR33K D00d) is teh god of building shit or something like that, he built an owl

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-12-24, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Do a Google on Hephaestus. Besides, I know ancient Greek mythology... kinda. He's the god of fire and patron of craftsmen.
Old 2003-12-24, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SkunkPunk
Major

well... he built an owl, i learnded that in history

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-12-24, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Strak
Corporal

Originally Posted by LesserShade
I really like the idea of a deployable repair center for armor's sake. Replenishing armor in this game can be a bitch.
Repairing armor is a bitch?

Find a deployed AMS.

Go to AMS.

Hit your Favorite called reload armor, which is say spawn armor.

Hit the Favorite you want, ie Agile with Punisher.

Presto Armor is rebuilt.

Does it happen in the middle of a battle? Well if the AMS is close, but same goes for any repair option. If your close enough to be in the thick of it and need repairs, stopping to repair is going to stop that need anyhow.

The only thing I would possibly suggest for armor repair would be a repair kit that works like a med kit.
Old 2003-12-24, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

The idea strak and co is to make it easier on the engineers, who have to expose themselves to fire usualy while replenishing health and armor, the lne of logic its, at least on their home territory where they should have the advantage why not allow engineers to set up something to automate the process in trouble spots, like the CC or the wall where most of the enemy is coming in.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-24, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Strak
Corporal

Originally Posted by Doppler
The idea strak and co is to make it easier on the engineers, who have to expose themselves to fire usualy while replenishing health and armor, the lne of logic its, at least on their home territory where they should have the advantage why not allow engineers to set up something to automate the process in trouble spots, like the CC or the wall where most of the enemy is coming in.
I was mearly stating that replensing armor is not a bitch as Lessershade seemed to indicate.

maybe 1 out of 10 times do I have an engineer repair me.
Old 2003-12-24, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea that going to the equip terminal and changing armors is a trick not everyone knows tho ;p

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-24, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Oh well, it all came from greek letters, so I suppose no spelling is correct or incorrect. Still, they're all good ideas. BTW, i think that going to an equip terminal and purchasing the same type of armor as you are currently wearing should refill your armor level. For that matter, vehicles spawned in sanc should have shields, and the med terminals in the HART building should be adv. medical.
Old 2003-12-24, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

I have another idea, tell me what you think.

"Lockdown"
This can be used in the event of very low power or the chance of a massive enemy attack. Someone can run to the CC and set the base in lockdown mode. This makes all doors unopenable by either side. It also disables all equipment and modules. Broken? Wait, there's more. Each nearby tower has a small tunnel into this secondary CC. Hackers (yes, they have to have at least the hacking cert) can get a virus from an equipment terminal and load it into their REK. They then go into this CC and start hacking. They have to stay present, uploading the virus into the base at all times. When all nearby towers to the locked base are being hacked, one of the hackers gains administrative access, and can remove the lockdown. So if one side captures a base at 10% and knows they can't get an ANT there in time, they can activate it while they wait for one to get there. Or one side can set it up so that they can wait for reenforcements to arrive. Because the equipment terminals are down, someone has to bring in an AMS before its activated or better yet before there's any threat, and fill one room with ammo and guns.
Old 2003-12-24, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Strak
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma
Yea that going to the equip terminal and changing armors is a trick not everyone knows tho ;p
Well they do know Hamma, least if they read the thread, which is why I posted it
Old 2003-12-25, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Doppler
Contributor
Major

But getting back to the original topic, how do people feel about the offensive/defensive balance in the game?
Old 2003-12-25, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Defense gets shafted of course, they need to arm the bunkers and rework there placement, put in some trenches, and give CEs a way to dig foxholes. That and put in infantry machine guns
Old 2003-12-25, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
TheN00b
Colonel

I honestly think that bunkers are really fine the way they are. They might benefit a little bit from a 30mm chain gun mount, but they're better thatn other parts of base defense. To be honest, I think that no matter what you do, with a massive reworking 2 or more Thumpers will utterly own a bunker, but that's that. Trenches, on the other hand, would be sweet. They would be a height so that, when crouching. a soldier's weapon would just barely stick overthe trench wall, and they would possibly make it so that even a zerg could be held at bay (dreams blissfully). Foxholes would be OK, but I fell that trenches would pretty make foxholes useless: trenches require numbers to be powerful, and while foxholes might provide more efficient crossfires, they would detract from the trecnhes ability to literally put out a storm of concentrated fire. Maybe you could have 2 rows of trenches somewhere at each entrance to the courtyard, and a couple of fixed foxholes around each bunker.
Old 2003-12-26, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Strak
Well they do know Hamma, least if they read the thread, which is why I posted it
I was referring to MAX armor. You can't pop in and out of max armor with the timer that you're on and as a max, something like doppler suggested would be great for defense.
Old 2003-12-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Doppler
Contributor
Major

The generaly idea is this is something you could put on the walls of facilities or at strategic points in the field, or the upper levels of towers, to give those on the defensive more of an edge.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion