Double Holster = me actually killing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who is this Hamma?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-22, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Paragon
Private

Double Holster = me actually killing

They (the devs) said that there will be an award as a cloaker where you will get 2 holsters. Im just wondering. Does this mean dual wielding? I would actually kill people! two spikers/repeaters = limbs a flyin'! I cant wait for it. Half the time to kill, insta kills, thwap thwap thwap Kill. Im hyped. If this comes out i would love it. What do you guys think? dual wielding? what other awards should there be? i want there to be something cool, like , i dont know. What do you guys think they will put in?
Old 2004-07-22, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Paragon
They (the devs) said that there will be an award as a cloaker where you will get 2 holsters. Im just wondering. Does this mean dual wielding? I would actually kill people! two spikers/repeaters = limbs a flyin'! I cant wait for it. Half the time to kill, insta kills, thwap thwap thwap Kill. Im hyped. If this comes out i would love it. What do you guys think? dual wielding? what other awards should there be? i want there to be something cool, like , i dont know. What do you guys think they will put in?
no, dual wielding would make all HA weapons useless.

its just so you can switch between ACEs and REKs easier.
Old 2004-07-22, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Don't forget unrealistic :P
Old 2004-07-22, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
Don't forget unrealistic :P
Let's presume he means two holsters that permits the use of two weapons at the same time. Shooting two pistols simultaneously is not unrealistic. Unless they're massive hand-cannons with serious recoil.

Shooting two pistols ACCURATELY with each round, that's a bit unrealistic if you're blazing away (unless you're Delta Force). This could be done, and it could be done properly - make the COF fairly large, especially if you're moving. Although... since the only people that use pistols are cloakers (or infantry guys out of ammo), that would mean you'd have to be fairly close to the target unless you're carrying a Repeater or Spiker.
Old 2004-07-22, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EarlyDawn
Major General

I think akimbo pistols would be cool if they required an implant and gave you ass accuracy. I mean, we will have watch-tower sized Battleframes in-game relatively soon, I don't think some kind of nanotechnology-based stabilizer or arm enhancement is that hard to buy.
Old 2004-07-22, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Spee
Colonel

Reason against this argument:

Dual MAGscatters.

That is all.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Thunder_Hawk
Corporal

In real life, even if you did have just one pistol holster, couldn't you have one pistol out and the other in the holster and switch between the 2? This could only with the cloakers. if a rexo could have 3 rifles, that would be bad. And if they all their holsters full and a rifle out, what would happen if they wanted to use a pistol? I think they should put in something like this for infantrators so they can be planting boomers, but if found, switch to defend themselves

Last edited by Thunder_Hawk; 2004-07-22 at 10:11 PM.
Old 2004-07-22, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Roswell34
First Sergeant

meh 2 slots, i dont think it is dual pistols or anything like that just 1 more slot for faster switching of things like weapons and REKs and such
Old 2004-07-22, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Though as much as I hope you would be granted the ability to use both at the same time, I highly doubt it.

How embarrasing would it be if you have a Beamer in one hand and a REK in the other hand, with a giant cone of fire.
Old 2004-07-22, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

There's a reason why the most realistic games never have dual wielding (Operation: Flashpoint, for example), because it ISN'T realistic. The only people who believe they can dual wield pistols are people who actually believe movies.

When you dual wield pistols, you're only supporting the gun with one hand. A normal pistol's recoil is great enough that you need BOTH HANDS to steady it. With only one hand steadying the pistol, you will get absolutely terrible accuracy.
Old 2004-07-22, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
There's a reason why the most realistic games never have dual wielding (Operation: Flashpoint, for example), because it ISN'T realistic. The only people who believe they can dual wield pistols are people who actually believe movies.

When you dual wield pistols, you're only supporting the gun with one hand. A normal pistol's recoil is great enough that you need BOTH HANDS to steady it. With only one hand steadying the pistol, you will get absolutely terrible accuracy.
Remember that cloakers can pretty much only attack at point blank range anyways.

2 magscatters would fuck people up though, so I don't want duel wielding.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-07-23, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by hDrakbynea
Remember that cloakers can pretty much only attack at point blank range anyways.

2 magscatters would fuck people up though, so I don't want duel wielding.

The TTK would be CLOSE to the JH's. Which is stupid. I hate the JH to begin with, i dont wanna be instagibbed by a cloaker, unless its by a cleverly placed boomer.
Old 2004-07-23, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
ph34r the spiker and repeater.... I suppose the beamer too
Old 2004-07-23, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I'd be for dual wielding if you didn't fire shots simultaneously, but instead a round from each gun at a time. That way, it's more of a clip doubling thing and a cosmetic addition rather than something to double your damage output over a short period of time.

Oh, and no AMP dual wielding, as AMPs are actually fairly prowerful, and wouldn't work at all with the above limitation.
Old 2004-07-23, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think the idea of a second holster is more of an inventory increase/quick weapon switch thing than any plans for dual wielding pistols, it's not very soldier like.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion