Double Holster = me actually killing - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whiners with credit cards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-23, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Paragon
Private

Yeah... i doubt they'll do it. What Type of Special skill do you guys think they will award seasoned pilots? like me?
Old 2004-07-23, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Barrel Rolls and such.
Old 2004-07-23, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DeltaForceAlpha
Corporal

Being an NC cloaker on the side that doesn't have Adv Hacking or CE, I use the Magscatter. If there was duel weilding and each gun fired one shot at a time from each gun, 2 Magscatters would get a better ROF, meaning that your death comes even quicker then usual. And theres no fun in cloaking if you're not being challenged.
Old 2004-07-23, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
ICha0sI
Corporal

Just because you get another pistol slot you think there adding dual weapons?
Old 2004-07-23, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Paragon
Private

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
Barrel Rolls and such.
lol barrel rolls will be fun.... they wont do much though. Maybe we'll get Force powers and be able to choke our enemies to death with our hands. (star wars) like dark vader did.
Old 2004-07-23, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

dual wielding =bad

2nd pistol holster for infils = good!

infils get killed enough as it is. lets give them something in return for all their misery.
Old 2004-07-23, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

There's a reason why the most realistic games never have dual wielding (Operation: Flashpoint, for example), because it ISN'T realistic. The only people who believe they can dual wield pistols are people who actually believe movies.

When you dual wield pistols, you're only supporting the gun with one hand. A normal pistol's recoil is great enough that you need BOTH HANDS to steady it. With only one hand steadying the pistol, you will get absolutely terrible accuracy.
Umm... no. And that, my little friend, comes from personal experience. What do you think they use in movies? Certainly not a plastic watergun. Those are weapons that fire black powder rounds or blanks - which are not as powerful as real rounds, granted, but they are close enough.

So, chronic masturbation hasn't given you the grip of a wealthy miser? I highly recommend that you buy some of the coil-grip hand strength builders, first of all. Then get a cheap set of work-out weights from Wal-Mart like you see joggers carrying around. They start at 2 pounds and go upwards... you should be able to comfortably develop a routine with two 5-lb weights within two weeks. Hey- given time, you might even be able to heft a ten-pounder in each hand and not break a sweat!!

I fire pistols one-handed all the time. What I *DON'T* do is fire enormously massive hand-cannons like I said the first friggin' time. You can comfortably wield a 9-mil one-handed. At the NSA's pre-deployment pistol certification course, you fire with both your dominant hand and your off-hand, because you never know what you're going to be doing. After the range is over for the day, if there's spare ammo, the federal cops let you burn ammo so they don't have to turn it in (thus meaning they don't get as much next time, meaning budget cuts). I take that opportunity to fire two pistols. That's actually par for the course at some pre-business trip check-outs for another agency nearby.

Loading is a serious bitch, though.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Firefly; 2004-07-23 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2004-07-23, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Would be interesting to fire dual magscatters though
Old 2004-07-23, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I suppose a light 9mm wouldn't really be a big problem. I guess I more mean people who think that you can dual SMG's and such, or deagles...
Old 2004-07-24, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

devs have specifically stated that they will NOT be implementing dual-wielding into PS.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I've heard they said that about mechs too... but I didn't hear that myself.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Melee booster + the knife. Who needs a gun? Knife takes more skill, and you get more hate tells when you pull it off. I went knife crazy last night, and had a total blast. Circle strafe a lasher user that knows you're there and drop them with your knife, hell of a lot bigger feeling of accomplishment than anything else I've found in the game.
Old 2004-07-24, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sploogey
Corporal

Barrel Rolls and such.
a n00b i was gunning for in a lib spent 5 mins trying to barrel roll and wouldnt listen to a word i said about how it aint freekin BF1942 and u cant barrel roll and suddenly im the n00b when a reaver guns him down when he was trying to land on a tree and i didnt shoot it down
i just stayed for the entertainment b4 i bailed out watched him die then like clock work got missile spammed by 16 rockets in my ever so dangerous AA agile with pulsar (sense the sarcasm)
Old 2004-07-24, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I suppose a light 9mm wouldn't really be a big problem. I guess I more mean people who think that you can dual SMG's and such, or deagles...
Yeah, there are a lot of movie-prone bullshit items I see. I think this discussion was had in a gun thread in the Lounge forum.

Another one is wielding certain SMGs with one hand. Like the Mac-10 and a majority of that family of weapons, to include mini-Uzis and micro-Uzis. The Mac-10 can fire a 30-round MAGAZINE (not clip) in about half a second. The recoil stacks - and thus the barrel climbs. Even with a silencer, even if that silencer is a foot long, the recoil will cause the weapon to jump and climb. It can, and has, climbed to such a degree that the weapon ended up doing a 180 and shooting apart the right side of the shooter's head.
Old 2004-07-24, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
devs have specifically stated that they will NOT be implementing dual-wielding into PS.

Just like they were "NOT" going to implement bombers and artillery, right?
Dual wielding is a stupid idea though.

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion