PSU: Winner! Click ->here<- for cash!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-12-29, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

ARMA II

Anyone play? I just picked this game up off of Steam and it's as hard as a bitch to learn. It's realistic as hell though.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: ARMA II

I sometimes play with a friend online.

It's not that hard to play once you set the mandatory keybinds I don't have well over half bound anywhere, going with the bare minimum lol, there is just so many of them.

Just, always try to have cover, always check the area before you run into it, etc, youll do fine!

Then again, I come from mainly similar "1-shot-kill" damage model games, so it wasnt that big of a deal for me.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-12-29, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm trying multiplayer. I have no fucking clue what to do. I'm just following people around for what seems like forever, and when I'm not doing that, I'm sitting in a helicopter. 3/4ths of my time is spent rolling around on the ground waiting for a revive though.

I read somewhere about a co-op campaign. That right?

Last edited by Zulthus; 2011-12-29 at 02:49 AM.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Coreldan
Colonel

I wouldnt know, I've only played it online, but some of them were co-op missions (not really a campaign cos you could freely select which) and some were this more freeform "Insurgency" mode.

Old 2011-12-29, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I had it for a while but traded it; too many bugs for me when I was playing it such as being faced with an APC in single player and having to call in an airstrike, yet the airstrike was not available for use...
Old 2011-12-29, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tarpeda
Private

I played Arma 2 for rather long time in multi-player. It's a campers paradise
And good practices from real life combat like ambush, distribution of shooting sectors and flanking work pretty well in this game. Though, this game is designed for team play and solo playing is hard. If you served in army just remember all the drills, they work in this game too
Old 2011-12-29, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bjorntju1
Captain

I play it from time to time. But mostly i use the mission editor. Placing 30 vs 30 tanks and just watch it play out. Its almost like Planetside!
Old 2011-12-29, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
In operation flashpoint red river and dragon rising, the entire campaign is coop. Arma = rip off of operation flashpoint.
ARMA isn't a ripoff of Operation Flashpoint anymore than Planetside 2 will be a ripoff of Planetside.

Despite the different name, the developers are the same. When the company broke up or something, one side got the Operation Flashpoint-brand name and the other side got the actual gamedevelopers and all the knowledge about the game.

Thus, the newest Operation Flashpoint game is a arcade-MW2-like-garbage while ARMA is the true Operation Flashpoint.

Old 2011-12-29, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Coreldan
Colonel

No probs lol, it probably came out a bit as if I was offended, but I'm not I don't really even care much for ARMA or OpF although I've played both, but I got ARMA2 free from a friend, so I play it with him occasionally.

I think I was like "This game is so Operation Flashpoint" to my friend, who then explained the thing I explained here

Old 2011-12-30, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zulthus
Colonel

This game is so poorly optimized it isn't even funny. My rig should be able to max out this game, but the game can't get 15 FPS on all low settings with minimum view distance. Yet my rig can max out BF3? Doesn't make any sense. But whatever, it's unplayable in multiplayer/singleplayer. All I can do for whatever reason is boot camp.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Coreldan
Colonel

I don't have any performance issues per se, except the game pretty much tries to fry my GPU when in menus, but not in-game. It's weird.

That said, I can't even max BF3 with decent FPS, but that doesnt change the fact that it most likely is ARMAs and not your rigs fault

Last edited by Coreldan; 2011-12-30 at 05:08 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion