EU activity? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Took all the ink off my F5 key.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-22, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Athanasios
Corporal

Misc Info
Question EU activity?

Hi guys, just a quick question; was the PS1 european scene active & populated? I mean, active like having to check what's going on every hour & populated with hundreds/thousands of players so that you don't stroll around for 2 hours until you find an enemy?

Also, was there any "High Command" organizing the efforts of the multiple clans/outfits of each faction?

Apparently i haven't played PS1, but i'm definitely looking towards PS2; and obviously if PS1 had an active & populated EU scene, PS2 should follow the tradition . Hence the questions. I tried to find some statistics about the playerbase but to no luck.
Old 2012-04-22, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Kush
Captain

Re: EU activity?

Originally Posted by Athanasios View Post
Hi guys, just a quick question; was the PS1 european scene active & populated? I mean, active like having to check what's going on every hour & populated with hundreds/thousands of players so that you don't stroll around for 2 hours until you find an enemy?

Also, was there any "High Command" organizing the efforts of the multiple clans/outfits of each faction?

Apparently i haven't played PS1, but i'm definitely looking towards PS2; and obviously if PS1 had an active & populated EU scene, PS2 should follow the tradition . Hence the questions. I tried to find some statistics about the playerbase but to no luck.
Yes the populations were excellent for a long time and comparable to the US scene. You will have plenty of activity when PS2 is released. All servers had "high command" trying to organize the efforts of their faction.
Old 2012-04-22, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Athanasios
Corporal

Misc Info

Exactly what i wanted to hear, thanks
Old 2012-04-22, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Europe servers (stop using the term EU) was at times more populated than North american servers (Canadians exist ya know, it's not just USA)

Planetside2 will be on a scale never seen before. Back at planetside's release its was epic 3+ poplocks on servers at 500 players per map.

There are many VET outfits from europe sat waiting numbering many hundreds of members. Check out the 'Planetside wernerites' facebook group

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2012-04-22 at 06:32 PM.
Old 2012-04-22, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I believe at one time Werner (EU server) was the most populated because it had people from all the countries in Europe playing on it.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-04-22, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Werner was indeed more populated before the Emerald and Markov merge, at least during Werners prime time hours, compared to those US server prime time hours.

And the community was wonderful. We had Inter-Outfit relations within all 3 factions, and each faction had at least one Outfit that did the crazy stuff like organized gal drops with 2+ Galaxys.
It was fun.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Athanasios
Corporal

Misc Info

Thanks guys, currently we (Hellenic Phalanx) are looking for the beta and we don't know if we're forming our own outfit or joining an existent one, but as soon as there was activity & organisation that's great news for us. Being a former Battlefield 2142 and still loving it (after the epic fails of BC2 + BF3), PS2 is our last resort - both because it looks incredibly similar to 2142 (vehicles, guns, maps everything) and because we already competed in multi-clan campaigns in 2142 (TGW for anyone remembering).

Hope Sony doesn't mess up with the devs again, following EA's traces.

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Europe servers (stop using the term EU)
[offtopic]no offence taken mate but... why EU is not correct? Before you reply do take in account that EU is a globally accepted term in scientific literature (and not only).
Old 2012-04-23, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks guys, currently we (Hellenic Phalanx) are looking for the beta and we don't know if we're forming our own outfit or joining an existent one, but as soon as there was activity & organisation that's great news for us. Being a former Battlefield 2142 and still loving it (after the epic fails of BC2 + BF3), PS2 is our last resort - both because it looks incredibly similar to 2142 (vehicles, guns, maps everything) and because we already competed in multi-clan campaigns in 2142 (TGW for anyone remembering).

[offtopic]no offence taken mate but... why EU is not correct? Before you reply
do take in account that EU is a globally accepted term in scientific literature (and not only).
Boy are you going to be in for a treat having never played PS1. You'll be wondering why you wasted all those years playing those other games. Welcome to the community.

Old 2012-04-23, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

[offtopic]no offence taken mate but... why EU is not correct? Before you reply do take in account that EU is a globally accepted term in scientific literature (and not only).
EU (spit!) unless you mean the continent of course.

Old werner had players from UK, Ireland, Scandanavia (Nor, Swe, Den, Fin), France, Netherlands, Russia, Poland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Spain, Portugal and Israel.

Also quite a few friends from America.

It's funny but I don't recall a Greek presence, I don't know why. There were either no greek or not that many I suppose.
Old 2012-04-23, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rocknoise
Private

Poplock, if i remember correctly, was at 400 ppls per race ... makes 1200 per cont. we had up to 3 locked conts during 2005-2007. Big Outfits with global events organized by them. So EU was definatly populated. Alot of battles have been a stress test for my hardware. Imagine a base with 500 ppl fighting around and in it.

Im really looking forward to see the network performance of the new engine.

ps: im also worried if my actual hardware will meet good performance values.

Last edited by Rocknoise; 2012-04-23 at 03:36 PM.
Old 2012-04-23, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rocknoise View Post
Poplock, if i remember correctly, was at 400 ppls per race ... makes 1200 per cont. we had up to 3 locked conts during 2005-2007. Big Outfits with global events organized by them. So EU was definatly populated. Alot of battles have been a stress test for my hardware. Imagine a base with 500 ppl fighting around and in it.

Im really looking forward to see the network performance of the new engine.

ps: im also worried if my actual hardware will meet good performance values.
No

Most of the time, pop lock was 133 per faction, means 400 on cont total.

The number was higher earlier in the games life, dunno how high. But 133 per faction already was madness.

PS2 will be 2000 per cont, hopefully.
Old 2012-04-23, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

EU - European union which does not include all the countries on the european continent, it's political/economic group and thus i'm not a fan of it for many reasons that doesn't belong in this thread much like I suspect canadians hate being roped in with the US as amercans/na i'm British and i play with other players from the continent of europe with further players from israel, norway, russia and the occasional friendly neighbourhood american(U.S) .

My moan wasn't just for you btw more a general rant.

Any ways for poplock it began with a fluid 500 per map then became 170vs170vs170 then later in the life of the game it became 133 vs 133 vs 133 and remains so to this day

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2012-04-23 at 06:46 PM.
Old 2012-04-24, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Poplock was 166 vs 166 vs 166 when I began in 2004. When pops dropped so that poplocks were rare the Devs reduced it to 133 vs 133 vs where it is today.

When it when from 166 to 133 we did get poplocks again for a while but the population trend was downwards.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rocknoise
Private

Damn is my memory that bad? ... felt like 1000 sometimes ... must have been the view from the vanguard that made it feel like that
Old 2012-04-26, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rocknoise View Post
Damn is my memory that bad? ... felt like 1000 sometimes ... must have been the view from the vanguard that made it feel like that
Yea when I first heard 2000 I was like thats it?! Just goes to show how crazy ps1 was in its prime. 133 vs each other felt like thousands.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion