Changed for the Better? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We slapped your mother.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-13, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Changed for the Better?

So I've been gone for a while, and I leave for a 2 week vacation tomorrow. And, I wanted to know is Planetside 2 was worth re-downloading again upon my return?
Old 2013-07-14, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
VSderp
Private

Re: Changed for the Better?

well honestly i think so. ya the game has it's flaws but still fun to play. atleast give it another try
Old 2013-07-14, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ssential
Private

Maybe you should post what problems you had with the game...
Old 2013-07-14, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Ssential View Post
Maybe you should post what problems you had with the game...
^

because if performance was one of them, then no such luck there.

also, you shouldnt delete the game if you were going to come back to it. at least leave it on the hard drive.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
wobblyone
Private

If you like it keep it, if not don't.
After playing Planetside I find that I cannot go back to other shooters.
What alternatives are there?
Old 2013-07-14, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

It depends on what your problem with the game was.

If it's cert grind, that's been addressed.
If it's lattice, that is essentially addressed. Indar has lattice, other conts do not [yet].
If it's buggies, we have the Harasser.
If it's dedicated driver, the Harasser has a dedicated driver.
If it's UI colors, they are now fully customizable.
If it's cert prices for weapons, they've been adjusted.
If it's "flinch on damage", that has been completely fixed.
If you had any rage with the MAXes, they've undergone some adjustments.
If you raged about ADAD spammers, that's been fixed.
If it's anti-air dominance, that's been fixed.
If it's air dominance, that's been fixed.
If you thought tanks were too weak, that's been fixed.
If you thought tanks were too strong, that's been fixed.
If you hated the bugs, most of them are gone. Really almost all, including screen flickering.
If you wanted higher populations, just play on Waterson.

Think of any other issue, and it's pretty much still here.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-14 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2013-07-14, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Fenrys
Major

If you left before the AA buff, when every fight was a ridiculous rocket spamfest, there is essentially no change. AA was unbuffed and is now, once again, too weak to do the job. It's back to the bad old days of invincible aircraft farming the ground.

Vehicles still take damage from non-rendered units, with no indication of what direction the damage is coming from.

Platoon v platoon fights are still server/network lag slide shows.

But it's still the best shooter out there.
Old 2013-07-14, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
If you left before the AA buff, when every fight was a ridiculous rocket spamfest, there is essentially no change. AA was unbuffed and is now, once again, too weak to do the job. It's back to the bad old days of invincible aircraft farming the ground.
FALSE

holy shit FALSE

what are you SMOKING?
Old 2013-07-14, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
FALSE

holy shit FALSE

what are you SMOKING?
He's kinda right.

Every night I have been hit with the no damage bug for flak and so has my entire outfit. Some times it's just 1-2 other times it's everyone. Yesterday I and my platoon wasn't able to use bursters at ALL! ESFs and Libs dotted the sky but we couldn't do shit to them. Every time we tried to get a lock flares would pop or we would get shelled before the lock finished.

Without flak then defenders can't hold off air for long. And if defenders can't deal with air then there is no way to cover all of the points when you can't get to them thanks to air shelling you non stop.
Old 2013-07-14, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
AThreatToYou
Major

Well, I didn't say the no-damage bug was fixed. I also don't think balance should respect bugs.

Otherwise in normal situations, I don't find that air is OP. Where are you people getting this from? I just don't see it. Not anymore. I guess my experience with PS2 has been way outside of the norm. The worst I can remember is LiberatorSide 2 and that was forever ago.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-14 at 03:54 PM.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Well, I didn't say the no-damage bug was fixed. I also don't think balance should respect bugs.

Otherwise in normal situations, I don't find that air is OP.
If things are normal then air has counters. But the flak bug is getting so common that it is getting to be normal.

Bugs are bugs and shouldn't be used for balance, I agree on that. Thing is when a bug gets so bad that an entire defending force can't use flak at all then it isn't just a bug anymore. It becomes a system failure and those are massive balance problems.

No flak, no anti air. It snowballs past where lock-ons can do anything once a 2nd lib starts hovering. Maybe if MAXes got some kind of Walker as well as Bursters then we could have something to fall back on when a damage type bugs out and fails to work.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
phungus
Master Sergeant

The flak damage bug is no bueno. Been hit with it a few times using an AA MAX, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for skyguards.

If this bug didn't happen I think g2a would be fine, but as is sometimes you just can't counter the ESFs even when they are hoverspamming (though a dumbifre to the face works if they get too cocky). This is coming from someone who spends 90% of my time in an ESF, but when I pull an AA MAX it really should goddamn work and not just fire blanks.

In regards to the OP's question I'm actually very surprised by how improved the game is since launch. Many critical bugs and balancing issues have been adressed, even my pet peave (XP denial from bailing) is getting fixed in the next update. I would definitely reccomend giving it a try, one of my friends who quit shortly after release now plays it all the time now. Just try not to spend your time camping spawn rooms with 10 times the defender numbers (this is the trap too many players fall into, and it's why they get bored) and you should have a fun time with it if you like FPSes.

Last edited by phungus; 2013-07-14 at 04:40 PM.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
The flak damage bug is no bueno. Been hit with it a few times using an AA MAX, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for skyguards.

If this bug didn't happen I think g2a would be fine, but as is sometimes you just can't counter the ESFs even when they are hoverspamming (though a dumbifre to the face works if they get too cocky). This is coming from someone who spends 90% of my time in an ESF, but when I pull an AA MAX it really should goddamn work and not just fire blanks.
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If things are normal then air has counters. But the flak bug is getting so common that it is getting to be normal.

Bugs are bugs and shouldn't be used for balance, I agree on that. Thing is when a bug gets so bad that an entire defending force can't use flak at all then it isn't just a bug anymore. It becomes a system failure and those are massive balance problems.

No flak, no anti air. It snowballs past where lock-ons can do anything once a 2nd lib starts hovering. Maybe if MAXes got some kind of Walker as well as Bursters then we could have something to fall back on when a damage type bugs out and fails to work.
On these two, I agree pretty well. I just don't get the flak bug often, but when I do...
Old 2013-07-14, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd say meh. If it's going to be an all day download then I wouldn't bother unless you're really craving it. Give a bit longer and a couple more conts.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-14, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

In my opinion, if you really think that...

A) A forum community (largest PS2 one at that) can agree on one answer, or give you anything other then 50/50...

B) It's a good idea to make your judgement based off what random forum folks who know nothing about you say....

C) Anyone can predict the state of the game 2 weeks from now...

D) Anyone can actually make an accurate suggestion for YOU when you gave no details about your own needs/wants/problems....

Then you will only find disappointment, or maybe you are seriously incapable of any self decision and need us to tell you what to do. If so then read away, you've started the kind of thread that people like posting about their biggest problems with the game.

I suggest reading through the forums for past topics. Or stating what your biggest problems with the game were, or the biggest changes you were looking forward too.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-07-14 at 10:34 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion