Infiltration armor and shield - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: free of all prejudices. we hate everyone equally
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
simba
Major

Originally posted by Warborn
Who said I would?

Maybe, maybe not. If you have your finger ready over the key, sure, you could probably do it. But, who cares? If you reveal yourself by turning on the Shield, you're as good as dead anyway. Which was the entire point you so faithfully missed.
you said u would.
Maybe, maybe not? Who cares? Me! U might b alive longer than without the implant otherwise. Why would u reveal urself by uncloaking again!? Why do u keep talking about reaviling urself by activating the shield when ur not even seen!?
I dunno anyway.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
simba
Major

Nobody has been complaining about it, so I rather doubt it'll change.
hehe, then this game has problems. Hi im a spy, wot weapon do I use? knife? NO! Sniper rifle? NO!
Well whatever u use it cant b a uzi. It is a uzi!
eh???????????
then I REALLLLLLLLLLY wonder y knifes really exist in this game, they should take away knifes if EVERYTHING is better than it. Or change it so the stealther can do something.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
simba
Major

Nobody has been complaining about it, so I rather doubt it'll change.
hehe, then this game has problems. Hi im a spy, wot weapon do I use? knife? NO! Sniper rifle? NO!
Well whatever u use it cant b a uzi. It is a uzi!
eh???????????
then I REALLLLLLLLLLY wonder y knifes really exist in this game, they should take away knifes if EVERYTHING is better than it. Or change it so the stealther can do something.

oh sorry 4 the double post

Last edited by simba; 2003-04-15 at 05:29 PM.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Usually, when u get found, you are in the CC, at too close of range, so no matter what, ur dead, so u wanna kill the ppl before they see u, and usually its an agile that goes in first, or a MAX, agiles are ez to kill, 2nd mode and melee boost kills them in 1 hit, so, it roxxorz, ive killed tons of ppl with mah knife, and the vanu laser pistol is nice too, I like fuckin with nme maxes, saying like "What you can't see, CAN HURT YOU" and then shooting them a couple of times with their backs turned then hiding, muahahahahahahhahah, if you get a tell from me and u get shot, BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID! MUIAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAAHAHAHAHA **Dances in a circle**

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-04-15, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tieom
Master Sergeant

I'd take surge over personal shield...
Apparently it works the best, and lasts the longest, with infiltrator armor, so you'd be burning it outta the range of their darklight. If you're inside, you'd be around a corner in a tenth of a second. Then you just lay low on the roof until Mr. Darklight decides it's not worth it searching for ya...
Old 2003-04-15, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
simba
Major

lol dhark, r u allright?
Dhark owns some asses with the knife, well done my friend.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by simba
you said u would.
No, I didn't.

Maybe, maybe not? Who cares? Me! U might b alive longer than without the implant otherwise.
No, you wouldn't. I can think of a number of other implants which would give you a longer lifespan without forcing your cloak to come down.

Why would u reveal urself by uncloaking again!? Why do u keep talking about reaviling urself by activating the shield when ur not even seen!? [/B]
If you're being fired upon, which is when Shield would be of any use, you're probably being seen under Darklight vision, so it doesn't really matter that you're still cloaked. At this point, you'd activate your Sheidl, right? I mean, you're being shot, so that's when Shield is any good. Once you activate Shield, you are forced, by the game, to uncloak.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Dharkbayne
Usually, when u get found, you are in the CC, at too close of range, so no matter what, ur dead, so u wanna kill the ppl before they see u, and usually its an agile that goes in first, or a MAX, agiles are ez to kill, 2nd mode and melee boost kills them in 1 hit, so, it roxxorz, ive killed tons of ppl with mah knife, and the vanu laser pistol is nice too, I like fuckin with nme maxes, saying like "What you can't see, CAN HURT YOU" and then shooting them a couple of times with their backs turned then hiding, muahahahahahahhahah, if you get a tell from me and u get shot, BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID! MUIAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAAHAHAHAHA **Dances in a circle**
The fact that you said you like the Vanu pistol as an infiltrator makes me absolutely positive you've never played the Beta in your life.

For the folks who've never used the Vanu pistol before, it shoots a nice, pretty beam of teal light when not in armor piercing mode. What's so bad about this? Part of the point of being an infiltrator is being stealthy. Projecting a beam of teal light from your previously unknown location toward your target doesn't exactly help.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

The knife on secondary fire is pretty tough, i seem to get 2 shotted in reinforced by knives quite a bit if i don't have personal shield.

I think the knife with melee booster in secondary fire is probably best for reinforced armor. Standard, infils, and agile seem to go down quick with an amp or god forbid, a scatter pistol. Omg, if you are an NC cloaker and you aren't using a scatter pistol, you're on crack.

The TR Repeater is sweet though, while not as powerful as the scatterpistol it has the accuracy of like the supressor basically so it can snipe from pretty far away where as the other pistols need to be almost point blank to be effective.

oh and if you are vanu, use the amp :/
Old 2003-04-15, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Yeah, when I used to use an infiltrator, I'd have an outdoor and indoor setup, the former being with the Repeater. It's ass indoors compared to the AMP, but outside you can get some nice kills with it due to its accuracy.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

simba's posts are slowly making me go insane.

Anyways -- I would think that Regen and Surge would be the most useful to me. Why?

Well, if someone has Darklight, I seriously doubt I am going to be able to hide behind stuff and them not see me. I mean, there isn't that much cover in PS. Instead, I will just Surge the hell away from that Darklight guy, and Regen will heal my wounds. Then I will come back and try to catch him off guard.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
simba
Major

No, I didn't.

No, you wouldn't. I can think of a number of other implants which would give you a longer lifespan without forcing your cloak to come down.

If you're being fired upon, which is when Shield would be of any use, you're probably being seen under Darklight vision, so it doesn't really matter that you're still cloaked. At this point, you'd activate your Sheidl, right? I mean, you're being shot, so that's when Shield is any good. Once you activate Shield, you are forced, by the game, to uncloak.
you didnt!? I thougth u said it 5 times!

u wouldent live longer? Oh so when the infiltrator wears an shield implant it wont work? U sure is telling me that when ur saying: no it wont give u a longer life!

if ur being fired upon yes! then u would activate the implant, ur forced 2 uncloak, SO? He has seen u anyway! *cought* darklight *cought*
I dont really know wot any of the things just said made sense.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Both are very good choices, luc. Also, as an added bonus, from using Surge while in 3rd person mode, I don't think it makes you any more visible than if you were running at normal (Unsurged) speed. While that's still pretty noticeable, if you're moving fast as you do while Surged, people won't be able to react fast enough to shoot you (unless they're gunhappy, but those guys are probably weaponlocked from shooting their own infiltrators anyway).
Old 2003-04-15, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
simba
Major

Originally posted by mr_luc
simba's posts are slowly making me go insane.

Anyways -- I would think that Regen and Surge would be the most useful to me. Why?

Well, if someone has Darklight, I seriously doubt I am going to be able to hide behind stuff and them not see me. I mean, there isn't that much cover in PS. Instead, I will just Surge the hell away from that Darklight guy, and Regen will heal my wounds. Then I will come back and try to catch him off guard.
when ur escaping ur running backwards, right? So the shield doesent defend u from back attacks? If it would it would b as good as regen if it woudlent take more stamina than regen.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I usually use the knife, pistol is only backup, I just use it because of the flexibility with AP and basic rounds, with only 1 ammo type, I usually just use it to fuck with ppl, u know, hide on the roof of the bases with Vpads on top, and when someone goes out, shoot him a few times and hide, muahaha

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion