Bind to Spawn requirements. REalism mechanism! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No I will not make out with you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-13, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Bind to Spawn requirements. REalism mechanism!

If you take away auto connections to spawns. Or make them circumstantial they can add more dynamics to play. Would one base govern giving an auto connection to the held land? You could use this to make the game pretty interesting andmakes points you want to take.

if you've seen my other post, the last day or two, I don't like the lattice for what you can and can't take physically.

But to have it be energy/information systems like a latic that is good! You can create a nice bit of variations to when you can auto spawn in the area and when you can't or need to possible manually bind or other things.

Would add some more necessity to combat and use for taking certain bases. Bio would be good for this btw. Also none manual binding could be good for outfit/sqauds. Though I would think outfit could be auto squad could require certs/vehicles, whatever makes the best design. And none connected empire could require a vehicle also for just the area if you don’t have bio support etc. It could be a part of the AMS/Sunderer. Think of all the variations you got some nice add-ons to the game.

Again, I think hte only lattice/whatever systems should be for other things like links and resources. But not requirement to take bases. Though the hexes may need to be connected to get the benefit to everyone. That would be much cooler. And you could have all of those sytems in play, not just one!

What the original proposal would do is make it so you go from a game with instant spawns etc all of the time to variation. Then the game can have a range under circumstances from instant/constant binds to play that is governed by the need to stay alive to be in the area etc. It allows that to be emphasized more.

And I would prefer they get rid of base cap requirements focus on base holding and larger scale warfare and strategy/tactics and use these systems for benefits that impact the potential of combat. Not the requirement for it. One limits the game the other gives it more factors making it more fun!

Basically the more ways and variations to take a base and affect combat the more for the players to do. The more fun the game and more variation and strategy and combat there is.Variety is the spice of life!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2013-05-13 at 08:05 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault