Not seen this hack before... :( - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Paris Hilton videotape is in the "Webcams" section.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-05-10, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Not seen this hack before... :(

Someones camping Igulak Gen. VS player can't be seen, AV Max unit ROF probably x10 or 100?

Every time I repair it gets owned again.

But hes not killing me?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-05-10, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Not seen this hack before... :(

Yea, I took a look and then left.

The worst type of game sabotage.
Old 2014-05-10, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bedzike
Corporal

teleport hack with rof. he is under the gen so he cant be seen but can shoot the gen
Old 2014-05-13, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Typical abuse kiddy. They usualy get bored with it if nobody responds.
Old 2014-05-14, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

The hackers really all came out of hiding. :/

This is the whorst case scenario. And theres nothing we or SOE can do now.

It really is game over.
Old 2014-05-14, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Actually it's been pretty tolerable, only happens every few days at this rate and it isn't game ending, just have to switch conts.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-05-14, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EleSigma
Private

I haven't really seen any hard evidence of hackers besides the "Barcode Guy" as everyone likes to call him. He plays NC and has an alt on TR. He doesn't seem to be trying to influence battles but rather just trying to annoy and piss off people by killing multiple people simultaneously with a knife and downing generators.

As Effective said he doesn't get on much, I think he might be your typical Chinese game hacker as he never speaks and I only see him on during the morning to a little after noon EST time, which would be evening to past midnight in parts of China.
Old 2014-05-16, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Regardless, someone with no life, sociopath and a low IQ. Attentionwhores like that need to be completely ignored.

Ah, I remember I OS'ed one of those rof hackers once (he was using an AA wall turret).

Then TK'ed him for the next ten minutes every time he came out of the tubes at Xelas till I was grieflocked.

The next day, a TR character called "FigmentOfYerlmagination" (with a lower case L instead of I) came online and started rof hacking against NC.

I got a hate tell or two about it and asked the guy to do a /who Fig and that I was on NC. >.> He apologised, I asked where he was, apparently he was sitting on top of a nearby TR tower. Went there, OS'ed him. Everyone laughed. He logged.
Old 2014-05-22, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Got a VS player (Infernalhere) using what looks like speed and ghost hacking. Killing the TR through walls and shit. Worse yet, he saw me cloaked and we were fighitng NC with no Vanu bases linked. And now I can't even leave the spawn room without dying.

Some people do the stupiest shit. Where do I submit a ticket?

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-05-22 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2014-05-22, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hehateme
Private

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
Where do I submit a ticket?
I'm afraid that's the problem. There is no place to submit a ticket as SOE won't do anything
Old 2014-05-22, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hehateme View Post
I'm afraid that's the problem. There is no place to submit a ticket as SOE won't do anything
Isn't there one GM on PS1 now since it went free to play?

Got some TR named itsDirkadirkayo at it now. Seriously, something needs to be done.
Old 2014-05-23, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

They refuse to support PS1, GMs are not allowed to take action any more.
Old 2014-06-03, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

So someone in my outfit ragged about a hacker and got this reply from the staff.

I have removed a post created by you, quoted below for naming/accusing. Posts in which naming/accusing occurs are not a permitted form of communication on our forums and are defined by SOE as posts that openly accuse another player or group of misbehavior. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please submit a ticket to Customer Service for investigation.
Please take a moment to review the forum guidelines and abide by them in the future.
I like how they say the solution is to send a ticket yet fail to state that there is no one to send the ticket too because no GM's are on PS1 anymore.

That's a lot like a prison without guards.
Old 2014-06-03, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

I hope it was pointed out to them. IMO, if they're breaking the rule by making the ticket submission pointless, there's little reason to abide to forum rules on the matter anymore.

Can't expect only one party to uphold their side of the deal... :/
Old 2014-06-03, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Did the mod also hastily edit his post to remove the part where he suggests contacting a gm like the last time someone named + shamed cheaters on the official forums? Very professional...

This is beginning to become exactly the joke i feared it to be. No support, no CC, Wasp and Striker still bugged, no infos, no word from "Twist", buttfuck nothing.
Just "SOE does not further support this game AT ALL" - apparently not a single person at SOE gives a damn to even look at it, not to mention actually support it.

This is like putting up a huge sign: "HAI HACKERS, THIS MMO IS COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED BECAUSE WE CAN'T BE ARSED! HAVE FUN FUCKING IT UP AND LAUGH AT THE REMAINING FANS FOR US! HA HA HA!"
But reputation be damned, running a completely unmoderated mockery of a mmo that feels like a bad private server is apparently something a major studio has no problems doing.

Am i being unfair or ungrateful here? Maybe, but despite it being awesome to have PS1 back it's becoming increasingly harder to be grateful for this kind of treatment. It just feels like the same bullshit treatment PS1 got for years, you know the one that makes us think SOE would be happier if the game would just fade away. Way to pay back a loyal fanbase guys. You may have had honest good intentions in giving us a freebie (or it's just more work to actually shut the game down as opposed to letting it idle), but you must have known that this is not a good way to go about it.

Look, i know SOE doesn't want to do anything about this, but then just release the damn source code and let us fix this crap ourselves.
That would be honest and a way to honor the playerbase with giving them the ability to revitalize their beloved game. And don't even start with that "legal issues" stuff...that is the worst excuse i have heard in ages.

Tl;dr:

Let us fix and support PS1 or fix and support it yourself. But don't treat the game (and ultimately us as fans) like trash not worth giving a damn about. Again.

Rant over.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2014-06-03 at 08:16 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion