Music - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free spam 24/7
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-10, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
2coolforu
First Lieutenant
 
2coolforu's Avatar
 
Music


There are many who muted the music in Planetside but for me it took a good couple of years for me to eventually get sick of the music. Even then I generally replaced it with my own or turned it back on for fights; the music gave a really good feeling with empire specific music that held the spirit of each faction.

I'd like to see music have a lot of effort put into it in PS2, obviously I don't expect them to go and get Hans Zimmer to make them a movie score but I'd like to see each Empires music get increased character and to really use 3 different music styles to go with the increased diversity of the 3 Empires in the sequel.

If I had to suggest themes I would have something Military-Industrial for the Terran Republic, something like the Soviet National anthem - powerful music with a lot of choir and authoritarian feel. Either that or some Taiko drums, tracks like this one from Shogun 2 would be excellent for battling in an open area

Other good music would be something similar to Bear McReary's Battlestar Galactica soundtrack, it's pretty powerful and militaristic - it does portray a fallen empire (humanity) struggling against the Cylons after all

As for the New Conglomerate I would go out on a whim and give them music with Middle-Eastern themes since they see themselves as freedom fighters combating against oppression, although this may not be the same as the situation in the Middle East people still correlate the Middle-Eastern music with insurgents and other 'freedom'-fighters/terrorists which is basically what the NC are, something like the GLA Soundtracks from C&C Generals would be awesome for the NC


The VS are slightly harder given their technocracy and alien tech, I don't know what music would fit these, the only music I could think of would be the Protoss soundtrack which really gives the feeling of an ancient, technological species which matches the VS's roots in the Vanu ancients.
2coolforu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aractain
Major
 
Aractain's Avatar
 
Re: Music


VS need dubstep.

No seriously.

Like this maybe.


Last edited by Aractain; 2011-07-10 at 10:39 AM.
Aractain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
basti
Brigadier General
 
basti's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
VS need dubstep.

No seriously.

Like this maybe.

YouTube - ‪Chasing Shadows - Amirah‬‏
Proper Drum and Bass please! :P
__________________

basti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gandhi
First Lieutenant
 
Re: Music


I could imagine charging into the front line in an armor column with this playing.

Gandhi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tikuto
Major
 
Tikuto's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
That is wonderful. No more Barney shit. Here they come with a new face!

I totally agree with this association. It believe it works wonderfully though some musician may know better. I agree because I see Vanu Sovereignty as an immediate evolutionary entity with the understanding that this future (in PlanetSide) has no religion. It is true that the idea of God is part of our nature, and that's what intrigues me for the idea of Vanu Sovereignty: faith in evolution. Though I don't know what the woman says in this tune, it strikes me as highly religious-like, and so fittingly works with me for the VS.
__________________

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-07-10 at 12:23 PM.
Tikuto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Redshift
Major
 
Redshift's Avatar
 
Re: Music


When the original music got dull don ferrone released an updated set and you could inject them into the game after you logged on, i spent years playing to the more awesome versions
__________________
Redshift is offline  
Reply With Quote
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-11, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Music


I really liked PS's original music. Re-mix that music again, keep some of it. NC sanctuary music was the best, seemed to capture the essence of the NC.

I was happy to hear similarity to the classic PS music in the trailer. I would just love it if they polished up the old PS music, remixed it a bit and kept it along the same themes. That was great music.

Modernize the NC sanctuary music, remix it and just give that right back to me.
__________________
Malorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Redshift
Major
 
Redshift's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I really liked PS's original music. Re-mix that music again, keep some of it. NC sanctuary music was the best, seemed to capture the essence of the NC.

I was happy to hear similarity to the classic PS music in the trailer. I would just love it if they polished up the old PS music, remixed it a bit and kept it along the same themes. That was great music.

Modernize the NC sanctuary music, remix it and just give that right back to me.
k
__________________
Redshift is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant
 
headcrab13's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I really liked PS's original music. Re-mix that music again, keep some of it. NC sanctuary music was the best, seemed to capture the essence of the NC.
I'm surprised that people are saying they never listened to PS1's music. Those tracks were incredible and really made the game feel larger than life. I still have a number of them in a few of my regular playlists, actually.

I for one am psyched for PS2's official soundtrack, and I can't wait to hear what they've developed this time around.

-HC13
headcrab13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vancha
Colonel
 
Vancha's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
I totally agree with this association. It believe it works wonderfully though some musician may know better. I agree because I see Vanu Sovereignty as an immediate evolutionary entity with the understanding that this future (in PlanetSide) has no religion. It is true that the idea of God is part of our nature, and that's what intrigues me for the idea of Vanu Sovereignty: faith in evolution. Though I don't know what the woman says in this tune, it strikes me as highly religious-like, and so fittingly works with me for the VS.
I'd agree that everything before the drop is great, but you need to be careful.

Dubstep is somewhat of a fad at the moment, and not just any fad, but an "oh my god this stuff is goddamn everywhere!" kind of fad. Not only can I see people having a "lol dubstep" attitude in a few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people end up simply hating the dubstep-style bass after a while.
Vancha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General
 
Bags's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I'd agree that everything before the drop is great, but you need to be careful.

Dubstep is somewhat of a fad at the moment, and not just any fad, but an "oh my god this stuff is goddamn everywhere!" kind of fad. Not only can I see people having a "lol dubstep" attitude in a few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people end up simply hating the dubstep-style bass after a while.
And all dubstep sounds the same to me.
Bags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gandhi
First Lieutenant
 
Re: Music


Who wants to gun for my Reaver?

Gandhi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Evilmp
Master Sergeant
 
Re: Music


Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
That is wonderful. No more Barney shit. Here they come with a new face!

I totally agree with this association. It believe it works wonderfully though some musician may know better. I agree because I see Vanu Sovereignty as an immediate evolutionary entity with the understanding that this future (in PlanetSide) has no religion. It is true that the idea of God is part of our nature, and that's what intrigues me for the idea of Vanu Sovereignty: faith in evolution. Though I don't know what the woman says in this tune, it strikes me as highly religious-like, and so fittingly works with me for the VS.
I read your post, which seemed deep - until I looked at your avatar.



(I agree with your statements)
__________________
really, sigbot?
Evilmp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General
 
Lonehunter's Avatar
 
Re: Music


Anytime I uninstalled PS, I always kept a PS Music file. It brings back so many memories and is great to run in the background while writing, gaming, what ever.
__________________
Originally Posted by Higby View Post
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Lonehunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin
 
Hamma's Avatar
 
Re: Music


PlanetSide music was awesome, the trailer music had that familiar music style as well.
__________________

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Hamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.