News: World Domination Series Overhaul - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Guys, I left my gun in the Galaxy again...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-25, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: World Domination Series Overhaul

Originally Posted by Boomzor View Post
For some reason I find it rather hard to relate to all this.

It's like the house is on fire and I've just been given a blanket to keep warm. Am I suppose to be grateful for it?
Then again, someone did care enough to atleast consider doing anything at all about my original predicament.

Now I'm standing here, on fire, blanket in hand, going
This sums up perfectly how i feel about it, and is worded way better than my sketchy post. :J
Old 2013-09-26, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
That certainly fixes alot of things except the actual problem. The source/root cause of the population imbalance is the faction imbalance.

They need to actually start nerfing stuff. Start with the Marauder and Vulcan. Then the Harassers, then ZOE. Then go from there.

But no, they solve the symptoms not the actual problems. It's like NDZ all over again. The problem there was poor base layout. They did that for the minute benefit of equidistant spawn (which I argue is not even a benefit at all since attacker sundies are easy to destroy and they require players to defend sapping players off the points, in an event of an equal ratio battle). And the downsides are a whole lot more, that NDZ should be scrapped altogether.

Here, if they want a good balanced fight, they need to go after broken/advantageous things that are attracting the players. Instead, they are fixing everything except the actual problem.

Say a boat has a hole. If you put it in water it will slowly sink.

Common sense solution: Plug/patch the hole first, so water won't get in at all.
SOE solution : Equip everyone with a big straw

Alright men. The water is starting to gush in (we knew this is going to happen since there's a hole in the boat), so take out your straw! Forget the hole, water is the enemy!

Old 2013-09-26, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
typhaon
Sergeant Major

It's a thing. Probably a better version of the thing than before.

But... I'm not sure it's really anything all that fun. Slapping another layer of scoring on to the same game many have been playing for a year or more isn't going to do ugh to excite the masses.
Old 2013-09-26, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
That certainly fixes alot of things except the actual problem. The source/root cause of the population imbalance is the faction imbalance.

They need to actually start nerfing stuff. Start with the Marauder and Vulcan. Then the Harassers, then ZOE. Then go from there.
Faction imbalance was never the real problem as all factions have their "OP" weapons. Strikers, Scatter maxes, ZOE's: None of these makes a faction "OP" as a whole.

As for WDS: I think it was designed when devs realized that the badly needed meta game wasn't going to be there any time soon. I've long time given up my hope of seeing any continent locking within a year after launch and I think devs have come to that conclusion as well.

OP: Can you make the headlines bold for readability pls?
Old 2013-09-26, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Faction imbalance was never the real problem as all factions have their "OP" weapons. Strikers, Scatter maxes, ZOE's: None of these makes a faction "OP" as a whole.

As for WDS: I think it was designed when devs realized that the badly needed meta game wasn't going to be there any time soon. I've long time given up my hope of seeing any continent locking within a year after launch and I think devs have come to that conclusion as well.

OP: Can you make the headlines bold for readability pls?
Disagree, and I think stats back this up...

Some factions have more OP stuff... and stuff that is more OP. The simple existence of OP things in all factions doesn't mean balance.
Old 2013-09-26, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Soe should finally take the pop imbalance of their hands and put it on the players. How? Allow characters and outfits to log on to any server. Your empire is under pop and you don't like playing like that? move to another server.

Old 2013-09-26, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
Soe should finally take the pop imbalance of their hands and put it on the players. How? Allow characters and outfits to log on to any server. Your empire is under pop and you don't like playing like that? move to another server.
I advocated for universal characters from the beginning of development. Additionally, we should simply have 1 name, 1 profile. You can then log onto any empire with that profile and while sharing the name, progression on that empire is separate.

I could be EVILPIG, BR79 NC, BR48 TR and BR 45 VS. All one profile, different advancement in each empire. WWII Online did this and it worked beautifully.

As for servers, what would really be best would be having just 1 server, but I also suggested the ability for you to take your profile and log onto any server. The best part is that right now, we only get to play with a relative handful of the player base, when we could be playing with everyone.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-26, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
libbmaster
Private

Well, they can't implement a meta game until the optimization rolls through.

So they need something that requires only a few resources, but provides some vague sense of meta to hold people over till they can dig into developing a proper one.

So we get this. It is by no means a long-term solution, but with these new balances I think it should work just fine.
Old 2013-09-28, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Well last night I found the NC and VS working together trying to take a TR Facility. The NC where capping the points and VS Scythes where targeting only the TR.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion