How fun is it to lose? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Hamma has landed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-09, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: How fun is it to lose?

Never had any problems losing or fighting stale threeways, as long as there was fighting going on somewhere. imo it promotes tactics instead of zerging, which, let's be honest, was the main style of gameplay in ps1... not that that wasn't fun, but I for one like tactics... Besides, unless we're getting steam rolled with no chance of even putting up a fight, I don't know any Vanu that'd let NC walk in and take one of our bases... that alone is reason enough to fight a losing battle. But once the fight on the cont is lost, I suppose we'll do like we've always done... move on to an undefended cont and pick a new fight
Old 2012-04-09, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

thread made me think of "the true MVP's are the players that make losing fun both for their teammates as well as for the enemy" forgot who said that to me.
id like to see a congeniality statistic on the stats for the player, how many individuals from each team has said this person has done good by me. nothing fancy just a thumbs up basically.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Some battles that end in defeat are great fun. Especially if you are outnumbered. However a constant exposure to being outnumbered might be detrimental to morale.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
Some battles that end in defeat are great fun. Especially if you are outnumbered. However a constant exposure to being outnumbered might be detrimental to morale.
This is where you spawn in as an AI Max and goto town on spawn campers.

Oldschool Markov VS may remember this.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-09, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Mezorin
Corporal

How fun is it to lose? To look out of a base and see a legion of enemy tanks, reavers, BFRs and troops closing in on the last base your empire has on the continent? To be standing there, shoulder to shoulder with ten of the most stubborn SOB outfit mates you have worked with, who won't retreat? Gradually be pushed back, but make the enemy pay for every inch? To make that last ditch last charge to retake the generator room? To force your enemy to a Pyrrhic victory of the base going neutral?

The most fun you will ever have in an FPS my friend.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
fod
Master Sergeant

for me fighting a losing battle (with hopes to MAYBE just keep the base) is much more fun than fighting a battle i know i can win
must be my underdog spirit
Old 2012-04-10, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Defending even defeats sometimes can be interesting. I remember trying to lay mines just to delay the inevitible overrun by the enemy and falling backbehind burnt hulls of friendly vehicles which got blasted.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion