Two topics that may or may not be important. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Inbound enemy Trees!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-07, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Two topics that may or may not be important.

1) Am I the only one who is somewhat afraid of the size of the Planetside 2 client would hog? I'm not talking about hard disk space, because I'm going to upgrade.(Hopefully not a huge space like Rage or Max payne 3) I'm talking about the size we have to download. Any assumptions about this?

2) ...Anyone else lamenting the possibility of some of the community being new(INCLUDING ME) being terribly bad lone wolves to the point that we get a new series from hankandjed about planetside friends? XD
Old 2012-06-07, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Re: Two topics that may or may not be important.

1) welcome to 2012, the information age
large installs and downloads are nothing new, you should get used to it with the push to digital distribution we will be seeing alot more of this kinda thing.

2) i dont mind some unorganized cannon fodder to shoot, ps1 had some bad lone wolf type players, and shooters allways will. the systems in place to get the zerg to the place you need it is whats gonna matter most ( the mission system )
Old 2012-06-07, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Everyone new starts as a lone wolf, unless you are introduced by a veteran player.

Eventually everyone will find mates to play with, unless you really don't want to.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Wasn't Max Payne 3 a 30 GB install? I doubt it'll be anywhere near that at launch, but maybe a few years down the road all those customizations, new continents, new vehicles and so on will start to pile up. I don't even want to look at my TF2 install folder at this point, I'm too afraid.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i taught the max payne 3 download wasnt that bad actually.

i pre-loaded it the day before and let it download during the night, took about 5 hours.
when i woke up i was able to play
Old 2012-06-07, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fafnir
Sergeant

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
Everyone new starts as a lone wolf, unless you are introduced by a veteran player.

Eventually everyone will find mates to play with, unless you really don't want to.
You forgot about newcomers who come with friends. Actually, I'm trying to get beta keys for me and my buddy.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
You forgot about newcomers who come with friends. Actually, I'm trying to get beta keys for me and my buddy.
in my experience playing with a couple friends doesnt make you less of a lone wolf then playing by yourself.

you get out of the "lone wolf" mentality when you start seeing the bigger picture of the battle you are fighting, when you see tactical oppurtunity on the map or when you join up with a fully decked out group of people consisting of a commander, several platoons and lots of squads

unless you set up a spec-ops squad with your friends and report to a commanding officer

Last edited by megamold; 2012-06-07 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
Yea, that's cool too. But yeah, like megamold said. You will probably play the first couple of days only with your mates and probably no one else, which is probably the same as being a lone wolf.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Yeah PS2 will have plenty of vets from PS1 to "steer it in the right direction" (yes, a subjective statement, but it's a subjective topic). And just think of it logically; when PS launched in May '03, there were no vets somehow, people figured it out (and the squad/platoon/outfit system definitely facilitated that). Those who cooperated and communicated generally succeeded over those who did not, and people don't like losing so cooperative play styles were adopted (until the BFR took over and then the mossy became a flying mini-BFR)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion