News: Hossin to be on PTS this week according to Higby. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: SOE's first featured fansite
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-30, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rolfski
Major

Re: Hossin to be on PTS this week according to Higby.

It's about time, I would say. But then again, for it to be officially get out to the public, they probably need at least another two months before being ready to release it as one go with the battle islands.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-07-30 at 02:01 PM.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
It's about time, I would say. But then again, for it to be officially get out to the public, they probably need at least another two months before being ready to release it as one go with the battle islands.
Yea, the BI and I'd guess the warpgates and lattice will be together, or should be.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Yeh i reckon the Amerish update will be September 2nd week with Hossin and BI arriving end of November and the Indar refresh being January

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
This week next year?

Oh and what about nexus?
Did you need to ask about Nexus? We all know it's coming soon...in 2015 .
Old 2013-07-30, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Not necessarily.

It seems like the things are being introduced to the PTS not to test, but in order to give people a sneak peek.

I'm betting after 6+ months of development, Hossin is mostly ready, they are just releasing it so that people can see it and get used to it.

I know I intend to spend all the time after it's released, running through every nook and cranny.
Old 2013-07-30, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Selerox
Sergeant

Exclamation Re: Hossin to be on PTS this week according to Higby.

Sounds good, although I'm not entirely sure I want to re-install the PTS client just for this.
Old 2013-07-30, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
camycamera
Major

sweet, i hope they did something different in regards to spawn room design (you know, so it isn't campy and outside?) in Hossin, and base design itself. interested to see.
Old 2013-07-30, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SilverAura
Private

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Not necessarily.

It seems like the things are being introduced to the PTS not to test, but in order to give people a sneak peek.

I'm betting after 6+ months of development, Hossin is mostly ready, they are just releasing it so that people can see it and get used to it.

I know I intend to spend all the time after it's released, running through every nook and cranny.
I'd say it's probably less of a sneak peak and more of a larger scale input bed. Things do get tweaked and adjusted quite dramatically from test to live, take the lattice for example. It's almost unrecognizable.

That being said of course, you're ultimately right. Things don't seem to take long to jump from test to live since they're already in the final stretch to being released.

I can't imagine a whole continent is going to be dramatically reworked once cross continental lattice is added. It will probably just work like Indar and Esamir do now.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rolfski
Major

If anything, I certainly wouldn't mind if they would release Hossin first as just "another" continent before introducing the BI's and cont locking. Gives them the opportunity to properly stress test and fine tune it properly while making the frustrating long waiting times for new maps more bearable for us.
Old 2013-07-31, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Did he give a specific on when this week, just curiouse ill be going out of town this week.
MY bet was as soon as they annonced hossin was going to be playable at SOE live i was expecting them to release it on the Test servers just to make it populated to demo it properly at SOE live , it was my guess

iam not sure but , hossin icon on the warp maps is there since quiet a while now , and how they could show a Decent hossin demo whiout enough players in it ?

So no sure but i expect it to be live at the same time they will show it at SOE live
Old 2013-07-31, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Stew
Major

If anything, I certainly wouldn't mind if they would release Hossin first as just "another" continent before introducing the BI's and cont locking. Gives them the opportunity to properly stress test and fine tune it properly while making the frustrating long waiting times for new maps more bearable for us.
They just push back Amerish lattice and revamp to ( unshedrule ) on the road map ,so yep , the reason given was they had to finish and polish up hossin , so hossin will come out before Amerish lattice and revamp goes live
Old 2013-07-31, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blynd
First Sergeant

I just hope that they put some space between the outposts and bases all 3 current maps you can shoot from one base to the next it makes transports like sundies and gals pointless in the main other then a ams unit on a sundie but most of the time outside of outfit ops my sundie is a 1 man vehicle not a 12 man as its intended as for gals only for lol suicide missions to i pull one of those as its a pointless feature atm.
Old 2013-07-31, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
I just hope that they put some space between the outposts and bases all 3 current maps you can shoot from one base to the next it makes transports like sundies and gals pointless in the main other then a ams unit on a sundie but most of the time outside of outfit ops my sundie is a 1 man vehicle not a 12 man as its intended as for gals only for lol suicide missions to i pull one of those as its a pointless feature atm.
I agree.

But I'll be interested about the general topology. We know there will be swamp land and lots of tree cover, Higby also said that will provide lots of protection for infantry against lolpodders (that was quite a while ago) so lets see if it remains true.

I'll also like that space you mentioned to allow tanks fighting because the new Esamir terrain is no longer lends itself that well for it.

I'll also take a good look at the Interlink. From Luperza's tweet it seems like it will be pretty defensible and maybe farmable, unfortunately the history of defensible bases in PS2 is that when they make them they then unmake them, e.g. the Old Tech Plant and the Bio Lab.
Old 2013-07-31, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Osskscosco
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
MY bet was as soon as they annonced hossin was going to be playable at SOE live i was expecting them to release it on the Test servers just to make it populated to demo it properly at SOE live , it was my guess

iam not sure but , hossin icon on the warp maps is there since quiet a while now , and how they could show a Decent hossin demo whiout enough players in it ?

So no sure but i expect it to be live at the same time they will show it at SOE live
Sounds possible, but then i will find and kill higby just to be on the SOE live stream.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Levente
First Sergeant

and for god sake put some rivers this time on the new continent cause every continent is just one massive dry land. PS1 continents had better designs. how about some waterfalls and shit? hossin will be a swamp continent right?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion