[Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One (1) Hamma in the hand is worth the two (2) hiding in that bush...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-25, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

[Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VWSRJ6T

Before you answer this brief survey, please consider reading this thread

I will publish the results in a couple of weeks
Old 2013-06-25, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

Originally Posted by Memeotis View Post
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VWSRJ6T

Before you answer this brief survey, please consider reading this thread

I will publish the results in a couple of weeks
It doesn't matter one way or another. PS4 version of Planetside 2 is essentially a stand-alone game with no cross-over to PC. If they decide to use keyboard/mouse great, then it should be sold as a bundle with the game on PS4. If not, great, everyone is using a controller and will be on equal ground.
I think we already have a giant thread on this issue.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-06-25 at 07:36 AM.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
It doesn't matter one way or another. PS4 version of Planetside 2 is essentially a stand-alone game with no cross-over to PC. If they decide to use keyboard/mouse great, then it should be sold as a bundle with the game on PS4. If not, great, everyone is using a controller and will be on equal ground.
I think we already have a giant thread on this issue.
I know, but I felt that this survey would quickly drown on the mega-thread. My concern stems from Higby's recent remarks that he thinks that there are console players are just as good a PC players, thereby implying that KBM on console is being considered.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

No. Everybody on the PS4 should fight on an equal playing field. Nobody should be able to plug in a mouse and keyboard and be able to outgun everybody else.

Most people with their game consoles will connect them to a TV and never once connect a mouse or keyboard to them because that's not why they bought a console. There will be a small percentage of players who set up their PS4s like a PC and thus have a natural advantage if a game natively supports mouse and keyboard. This isn't really fair and it's not fair to tell other players that they need to go through the hassle of setting up a PC like setting with their PS4.

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that connect to my PC and a very long HDMI cable running between my PC and my TV. I can't play FPS games on there because of a number of factors. The distance away from the TV makes everything more difficult too see, you're forced into lower FoVs because you're so far from the screen, I find that if I'm not crouched over a mouse and keyboard like at a computer desk my reaction time and accuracy goes all to hell. Given these factors it's really not fair to tell people they have to connect their PS4 up to a PC monitor or small TV and set it up at a computer desk so it plays just like a PC if they want to be competitive.

Simple fix. Don't support keyboard and mouse. Done. There is no point. There will never be cross game play.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-06-25 at 09:05 AM.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

and no one should be able to use a large TV, because that's an advantage too

10" TV or you don't get to play ps2 :^)
Old 2013-06-25, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post

It's actually not an advantage at all from my experience. A larger screen is needed if you're higher away but it really comes down to if you can fill your vision with an optimal amount of screen and your FoV/resolution is right for your distance from that screen.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Bags View Post

I think you mean resolution :P
Old 2013-06-25, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

Yes, you should be able to use any input device you wish to use imo. I think it's a bunch of bullshit (other then mouse input for quick/precise aiming) that players cannot be competitive when using a gamepad. If a gamepad user wants to have better aim then use a mouse with the gamepad (no keyboard required).

*If it's such and issue where people will rage quit cause they are at such a disadvantage to people who do use a Keyboard/Mouse/Gamepad combo then just give the option to choose a server that only allows gamepad input devices and another server that allows the use of whatever you want. I highly doubt that this would be needed though.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Qwan
Captain

To keep it real guys, I seriously doudt if PS2 on PS4 is anything like the PC version. It wont have as many features and will probably play like PS1 in its early days.
Old 2013-06-25, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Memeotis View Post
My concern stems from Higby's recent remarks that he thinks that there are console players are just as good a PC players, thereby implying that KBM on console is being considered.
I think that's good news. I think we should keep our community intact and pops high.
Old 2013-06-25, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ozziewolf
Private

No it shouldn't. If Keyboard and Mouse are implemented for PS2 on PS4 the game will be dead on arrival.

Also saying that you can get a keyboard and mouse to compete isn't going to fly. If conole players wanted to play like they're on a PC they would get a PC.
Old 2013-06-25, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
snafus
Sergeant Major

I'm more curious if they are getting a built in aim bot as most console shooters have.

Old 2013-06-25, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
I'm more curious if they are getting a built in aim bot as most console shooters have.
You mean the quality of life aim assist 99.9% of all console FPS have?

Or do you really want to try to aim at a guy 100 meters away, when he's only a handful of pixels big, with those clunky analog sticks?
Old 2013-06-25, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

I vote for player freedom, it should support as many input options as possible.
Old 2013-06-25, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
I vote for player freedom, it should support as many input options as possible.
Totally agree.

Played Dust 514 with m/kb and it was way more fun. Still don't like the game much but it was better with a m/kb setup.

I plan on playing PS2 on the PS4 some because many of my friends don't do PC gaming at all, so I do want the option for m/kb.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion