Is there a limit to how long you can stay cloaked? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Not that anyone ever cussed in EverQuest" - SmokeJumper
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sindustry
Sergeant

Is there a limit to how long you can stay cloaked?

Does it last until you switch it off or is there an energy meter (or something of the sort) that slowly diminishes?

Old 2003-04-11, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vash
Staff Sergeant

No limit

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sindustry
Sergeant

Weee, thank you good sir!

Old 2003-04-11, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jimbo
Master Sergeant

As I understand it though, the faster you move, the less cloaked you are, right?
Old 2003-04-11, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DarkDragon
Corporal

Originally posted by Jimbo
As I understand it though, the faster you move, the less cloaked you are, right?
yes.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Terik
Master Sergeant

Bahahaha, I'm going to patrol the bases for cloakers when I'm not owning the people rushing in through the entrance. Oh, and that little knife of yours ain't gonna do you much good when I'm fillin ya with lead from across the room.

With ballz of differing sizes

One was small, hardly nothing at all

But the other won numerous prizes
Old 2003-04-11, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cyanide
Major

Another question about cloaking. How good are the "anti-cloaking" devices like the audio amplifier. Do they really make a difference. And do the "anti-anti cloaking" devices effectively counter act them? I'll probably be doing some cloaking in the game and id like to know if it's actually effective.
Old 2003-04-12, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Terik
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Cyanide
Another question about cloaking. How good are the "anti-cloaking" devices like the audio amplifier. Do they really make a difference. And do the "anti-anti cloaking" devices effectively counter act them? I'll probably be doing some cloaking in the game and id like to know if it's actually effective.
Well, I think darklight probably makes you see a distorted image of the cloaker and the audio amp puts everyone on radar, so yea, there pretty effective.

With ballz of differing sizes

One was small, hardly nothing at all

But the other won numerous prizes
Old 2003-04-12, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Audio Amp. kind of sucks. It doesn't take into account which floor of a base you're on, and it eats up stamina fairly fast while moving, so it's of limited use. Personally, I always keep Darklight on me if I'm past BR12 or 13 (whichever gives second implant). Darklight is a virtual guarentee that any Infiltrator you find is dead. Obviously outdoors it's not so good due to the sheer area, but indoors, yeah, worst place for Infiltrators to be once people get their 2nd and 3rd implants. When we were bumped to BR20 to test it out a couple weeks back, the Infiltrator population virtually vanished, as almost everyone had Darklight vision, and contrary to popular belief, the knife won't do much if your victim can see you clear as day.
Old 2003-04-12, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

Wow thats pretty stupid. So basically when people start reaching BR20, infiltrators will become useless... wow that makes me not wanna be one anymore lol
Old 2003-04-12, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Marsman
Major

Not necessarily, Darklight chew up stamina - you can leave darklight enabled if you are crouched and keep it on pretty much indeffinetly but you can't just sit the whole game and when stamina is gone, you move rather slowly. Second, your field of view with darklight on is only a few meters - makes it very hard to see what's going on around you. So only if an infiltrator is spotted will most people snap on the darklight. A careful infiltrator can still be very effective if he's not spotted moving around to tip off the darklight enabled players.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion