Story+Idiot - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Secret world domination plans sold here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-06, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Story+Idiot

I log in, the sanc is dead, everyone's shouting LFS! LFS! but there are no squadleaders. I start a squad, despite being .15 CR.
Several people join, and they ask what CR I am. One says he has CR and will lead. I turn over Leadership to NecroTrader, because I need BEP more than CEP.

We head to Solsar, picking up a full squad. Necro is mostly silent, I try to lead the squad a little by requesting help at Aton. He plays around with a Deliverer. After two minutes Aton is crawling, and is a huge lagfest. The tenth squad member, CLERIC says all the deadweight should be kicked from the squad after I tell him I refuse to go to Aton.
My 56k could not handle Aton.
I tell the squad I'm going to go resecure Mont.
I make it to Mont and skirt an enemy tower. I'm at the top of a ridge, and radar picks up a red blip near me. I look almost straight down, and sure enough, a Vanu soldier is standing there. I fill him full of Gauss ammo, and get

125 XP!!!!!
WHAT???

Then I realize, I've been booted from the squad! What? I tell Necro, what the heck? Why did you boot the leader of the squad? He claims he is the leader, some leading he's done. I am then put on his ignore list, instantly. I message another squadmember, he agrees with me. I then go into Mont, and resecure. There was only one other NC in the whole building. Frustrated, I log off.

Is it just me, or is this retarded? I start a squad, give a guy command, and he boots me. Either I'm mistaken or that's incredibly rude.
Old 2003-07-06, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

He=fucktard

And if I see him....

He=dead
Old 2003-07-06, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kikinchikin

i shed a tear for u...

and no its not right, but the fact of the matter is that there are indeed asses out there who think they have absolute power.
Old 2003-07-06, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BloodWulfe
Corporal

That�s the downside with turning over command in random squads. People say they want CEP, but they could just as easily want to boot everybody from the squad.

[ Signature pwnd by Admin. ]
Old 2003-07-06, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

me jaged He=BOOM!
Old 2003-07-06, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NiteTiger
Sergeant

Okay, how do I approach this without coming off like an asshole?

I realize that it was your squad. The key word being was. You gave command over to someone else. At that point, it was no longer your squad.

Did you explain to the squad why you weren't heading to Aton? Or did you just leave it at "I'm going to resecure Mont"? Because if the squad leader ordered the squad somewhere, and you said you were going somewhere else, then being kicked from the squad is the obvious conclusion.

Yeah, it's not a fun thing to have happen to you. And I think the guy was probably an asshole, based on the way he ran and hid behind the ignore button. But, it's a risk you run whe you give command away.

(dons flame-retardant suit)
Old 2003-07-06, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
12tontuna
Corporal

Ya, this sort of thing sucks. Really bad.
Old 2003-07-06, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Ok Nite, I won't flame you. But, I need to clarify.

1. He almost never spoke, he gave very few orders.
2. I gave orders, I called everyone to Aton when there were two MAXes rampaging. Finally, it became swarmed, so I left.
3. The tenth squad member ordered everyone to Aton. He then suggested thinning out the deadwood.
4. I gave my reason, my 56k could not handle a large battle. It was too laggy. I would be of more help at Mont.
5. I was kicked without warning. I didn't even realize it until the guy gave me 125 xp.
6. My former squadleader put me on ignore after two rather polite yet angry tells. No profanity, just why did this happen?
7. I WAS of use at Mont, I resecured it almost singlehandedly. I hacked it, etc... One other person came into the CC.

This is just ridiculous.
Old 2003-07-06, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ajohn505
Sergeant

I'm wondering how you get to BR7 with only 57 kills

j/k.
"I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wrangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country."

-Colin Powell�s autobiography, My American Journey, p. 148
Old 2003-07-06, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Well I lag too much to get kills, and I don't know how the hell I got all that xp. Strange.
Plus, I maintain an effective 100:1 death:kill ratio.
Old 2003-07-06, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by ReaperofDeath27
me jaged He=BOOM!
Jaged what's up with ur clone?
Old 2003-07-06, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BigDickMccoy
Corporal

NiteTiger has a point that if you do slow the squad down, something needs to be done. also if you step down, you aren't in command anymore. Unfortunatley Necro Was a dick about it, and its sad that he isn't the only one like that. There are few patient SL's out there, and it hurts the game because these guys are assholes
Old 2003-07-06, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NiteTiger
Sergeant

Well, in that case Searo, he was just an asshole

Rest easy knowing that he won't understand why all these different ppl keep calling him "Power Mongering Asshole" when they kill him
Old 2003-07-06, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

out of 90 people in ps youll find one fucktard like that...... garunteed
Old 2003-07-06, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

The best advice I can give you is that if you have command of a squad, keep it. Knowing you need BEP instead of CEP, still keep command of the squad you're leading. You'll be able to iron out the fucktards in your squad then and pass rank onto a worthy squadmember.

Then again, just find an outfit on your server and request to join it. PSU hosts some of the best outfits in Planetside.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion