NDA lifted, screenshots for j00! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Sponsored By Spam�
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Bad news for me... I was planning on capping bases most of the time. So why is the gauss so bad indoors? Not completely understanding... I bet a large group of soldiers with a combination of gausses/jackhammers could probably take a large group of soldiers with mini-chainguns/cyclers. Then again I know nothing and I'm always wrong. I bet nc could cap bases pretty well with a combination of gauss/jackhammers/nc scattercannon maxes. And in bases is the combat really all that close? In most screenshots the rooms are pretty big. And if atleast half a large group of nc had jackhammers i bet they could rush and waiste a ton...

Then again I know nothing and I'm always wrong, so nm.
Old 2003-04-11, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Led

No one uses the jackhammer, it stinks, right now at least. You have to be right on top of the person to do any damage, and with the reload time after the three round burst, the pump shotgun will do the same amount of damage over time.

Chainguns and cyclers own the indoors game, hand down.
Old 2003-04-11, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Even if the indoors were crowded and both sides were constantly within a few feet of eachother, you said that a gauss can unload it's clip in about 5-7 seconds in full auto. You also said a gauss can kill a reinforced in 10 shots. And since you also said things are crowded indoors, there isnt that much room for inaccuracy. So if you had the skills and the timing you could take down 3 guys in 5-7 seconds. This is if you can immediately stop firing for a second, and switch to a new target once one target is down and immediately start unloading again, and then again repeat.
I'd think that could be effective in doors...
Old 2003-04-11, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Vash
Staff Sergeant

No joke, the chaingun is rediculous. I swear it's more powerful than our freaking AI MAX.

On the otherhand, our special assault is worthless. A shotgun with an effective range of 6 feet... great...

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Led

The gauss is not that effective indoors, the cycler and chaingun can outdamage it by a large margin that close up
Old 2003-04-11, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Destroyeron
Troll x2

nice screens
Old 2003-04-11, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Damn that truly sucks, so how does nc capture bases when it's medium assault is shit indoors and it's heavy assault sucks ass anywhere.

Also, does the gauss still make the gay blue circle around it when it fires? Shown in this ss:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...php?img_id=761

I'd prefer some blue "firing effect" coming out of it. You know like they show for the common pool weapons except blue or something to show it's magnetized or whatever.
Old 2003-04-11, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Vash
Staff Sergeant

While it only takes 10 rounds to kill with a gauss, you'll rarely, if ever experience killing 3 people per clip (unless they're all AFK).

There's none of that pixel-perfect, hitscan crap, so you'll need to lead your long-range targets. This plus conefire means you're going to miss at least a few shots per kill.

And CQB is to fast and furious, you'll be missing quite a few shots as your target ducks behind walls and crates... or if you suddenly get attacked from behind That can really scare the crap outta you hehe

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
OutlawGummy
Corporal

Oh that's easy. The NC zerg of course!
Old 2003-04-11, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Vash
Staff Sergeant

The gauss isnt really "shit" indoors, it's just not as good a room clearing weapon as the cycler. I dont think the pulsar's that hot indoors either.

Thankfully, the basic shotgun you get with medium assault is pretty potent. It actually seems to have a choke, unlike the jackhammer, which makes room to room combat more bearable, and it only takes a few good shots to drop a reinforced armor guy. So if you and a squadmate can focus fire on 1 chaingunner, you'll likely walk away with a win.

As for the weird blue muzzle flash, it's still there. But honestly it looks just fine in-game... it flashes in and out so fast it actually looks pretty good (imo)

Old 2003-04-11, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Oh that's easy. The NC zerg of course!
Exactly! We dont have 4 AMS's set up outside your front door for nothin!

Old 2003-04-11, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

in that ss you gotta admit it looks pretty damn queer. So if that's the only hope you can give me, that if me and a buddy can take on 1 mini gunner, that's kinda sad. 2 on 1 is the only way? Doesn't that sort of require twice as large an nc attack force as a tr defense force or vice versa?
Old 2003-04-11, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Camping Carl
Major

What about the thumper? Do you know any specifics on damage and ROF?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-04-11, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Nah that's not the only way... though you *never* want to go toe to toe with a chaingunner at medium or close range.

If you know some chaingunners are coming, you can soften them up with grenades. Or if you're an engineer, you can place a boomer, say, at the bottom of the stairs and blast em when they come around the corner.

If you're a stealth guy, you can pray they dont have darklight and stab them in the back.

Not sure what else to suggest atm

Old 2003-04-11, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Not sure about the thumper, Carl, that's another thing I've only used once

Though I have witnessed it used to good effect against groups of charging badguys.
I sure wouldnt reccomend using it indoors though, unless your squad is well coordinated and you're out in front.

That reminds me though, the Rocklet's actually not bad at combating chaingunners. 4-5 direct hits (6 round mag) kills reinforced armor. But it's pretty much reserved for room to room fights since it's not very accurate

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion