Jetpack onto aircraft. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate Now!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-26, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Re: Jetpack onto aircraft.

I would be very impressed if anyone actually manages to take down a speeding gal by jumping on top of it. I guessing it could work on a stopped gal, but than a stopped gal is a sitting duck for many things.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

I watched a PS1 vid of Alienmouse bailing out of a mossy onto a flying galaxy. He then proceeded to hack the galaxy and boot all the people out, was epic.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

If light assault is able to walk on Galaxies, I demand TR maxes to be able to anchor on the wings and top and side and...

Now that's what I'd call a GUNSHIP!
Old 2012-07-26, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
If light assault is able to walk on Galaxies, I demand TR maxes to be able to anchor on the wings and top and side and...

If Maxes had a human turret cert (for on top of aircraft), that would be pant-shittingly awesome in my book, but only if it came with a cigar and "its a good day to die" speech.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

You can stand on it, but just as in PS1 the vehivle will move under you, you can find it in Higby's 2nd stream I think.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

blegh SOE loves NC too much
Old 2012-07-26, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Live your dreams bro
Old 2012-07-26, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Magpie
Sergeant Major

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/planetside-2/1225448p1.html

The one-man Lightning ATV is the speediest method of zipping around the huge map on the ground. But, in a manner similar to one of the classic Battlefield 1942's most famously unrealistic features, a second player can jump aboard and ride along like a heavily armed, physics-defying hood ornament. It looks absurd, but it's also absurdly entertaining. I was also able to ride along on top of other land vehicles, such as the tanks and trucks, so I'll be surprised if the same isn't true for air vehicles (I didn't get to try that). I'm looking forward to some spectacular stunt videos of aerial acrobatics as players ride the wings of planes.

Old 2012-07-26, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
bmfof
Private

Jetpacking onto an aircraft would be too much of a stretch without breaking the overall game balance. I'd rather see something like grapling hooks that can be used to attach one's self onto buildings and vehicles. It could be a tool slotted in place of side-arms and it would work great with the idea of scaling up an aircraft to plant C4 on it.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
Jetpacking onto an aircraft would be too much of a stretch without breaking the overall game balance. I'd rather see something like grapling hooks that can be used to attach one's self onto buildings and vehicles. It could be a tool slotted in place of side-arms and it would work great with the idea of scaling up an aircraft to plant C4 on it.
Q2 CTF, anyone? Nah....
Old 2012-07-26, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ZaBa
Corporal

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post

This is also a thing that happened, and was immortalized in the Empires At War trailer from E3.

e/ Although it was VS rather than TR, but still; point is, vehicles in PS2 apparently have friction unlike almost every other game ever.

Last edited by ZaBa; 2012-07-26 at 05:11 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Ok... so maybe the jetpacking thing won't work.

I still want to be able to shoot pilots through the cockpit canopy though!

EDIT: checked Smed's tweets. Vehicle surfing, while difficult, is in. And! players in some vehicles can be killed (ala, shooting through the cockpit). sweet!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 2012-07-26 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
Wow, really? You're cool with immortal nano soldiers, alien spaceships and laser guns , but we can't grapple onto a plane because SCIENCE?
Nothing in science refutes those possibilities. Have you ever heard of Kaku? But the one thing you cannot do is survive that kind of force crashing into you at that speed, or at least not without some serious damage, or the kind of armour tech which would make it totally bullet and explosion proof! Which would make for a pretty boring wargame wouldn't you think? If everyone was immune to bullets.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Anyone else think that light assault should get a Halo esque latch onto vehicle function?
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Anyone else think that light assault should get a Halo esque latch onto vehicle function?
No. Just...no.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion