Jetpack onto aircraft. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For when you get sick of looking at the spawntube door.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-26, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
morf
First Sergeant

Re: Jetpack onto aircraft.

Originally Posted by sirwhiteshadow View Post
i don't care how good your jetpack is...if you collide with an airplane, regardless of your timing, you go splat. It is simple physics.
challenge accepted
Old 2012-07-26, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Canadian Vanu
Corporal

I demand mirrors edge style free running.

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Anyone else think that light assault should get a Halo esque latch onto vehicle function?
Yes. Just... yes.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Grappling hooks omg that would be nuts. I can't imagine the trollol.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
RageMasterUK
Corporal

Thankyou Magpie for posting that was just gonna go trawl my history for that one. To condense the paragraph, since Gamespy article author saw the build, you CAN stand ontop of vehicles and ride along and shoot.

I also think it was mentioned you could get different 'styles' of jetpacks, the current jetpacks look like VS max flavour style jumpjets, but I remember reading you could get horizontal and lateral burst jumppacks as part of the game progression, for those players who want to just close distance, or gain height quickly. So if you want to get that kind of loadout and try surfing enemy galaxies then you can.

There is vehicle hit-locations, and i total buiscuits NDA release clip (with the sound disclaimer at start) he greases an ATV driver who falls off his quad, and his ride shoots up a tree 30 ft and they laugh about it. If you can shoot ATV riders, they will probably allow you to shoot at any exposed character in vehicles. The windshield on the gal would probably just nerf the shots a lil.

The trailer may not be a million miles from gameplay possibilities.

-RageMasterUK
Old 2012-07-26, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Morphic
Private

Originally Posted by RageMasterUK View Post
Thankyou Magpie for posting that was just gonna go trawl my history for that one. To condense the paragraph, since Gamespy article author saw the build, you CAN stand ontop of vehicles and ride along and shoot.

I also think it was mentioned you could get different 'styles' of jetpacks, the current jetpacks look like VS max flavour style jumpjets, but I remember reading you could get horizontal and lateral burst jumppacks as part of the game progression, for those players who want to just close distance, or gain height quickly. So if you want to get that kind of loadout and try surfing enemy galaxies then you can.

There is vehicle hit-locations, and i total buiscuits NDA release clip (with the sound disclaimer at start) he greases an ATV driver who falls off his quad, and his ride shoots up a tree 30 ft and they laugh about it. If you can shoot ATV riders, they will probably allow you to shoot at any exposed character in vehicles. The windshield on the gal would probably just nerf the shots a lil.

The trailer may not be a million miles from gameplay possibilities.

-RageMasterUK
And if that doesn't work there is always the kamikazi point blank Deci shot lol
Old 2012-07-26, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
SmokinJacakal
Private

In one of streams Magret Krohn did state you land on enemy aircraft which wont be hard when you consider low flying liberator hovering around a base, What you can do from there is to be speculated though
Old 2012-07-26, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Well seeing how the devs seem to be saying it is possible, I am definitely going to attempt it.
Old 2012-07-27, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Justaman
Staff Sergeant

Youtube Link: Wing surfing~ on a galaxies tail-fin, right before it SPLODES. HF daydreaming.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

I think if a player wants to try and Teen wolf their ride to prom or into battle that's cool with me. Mosquito steed cert activated! Will it be possible? I know just about every game I've ever played the vehicle moves, the player doesn't, and that equals falling. If vehicle is moving; then check player for movement; if player movement = vehicle movement; then teen wolf ride to battle; else fall to your death;
Old 2012-07-27, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Justaman View Post
Youtube Link: Wing surfing~ on a galaxies tail-fin, right before it SPLODES. HF daydreaming.
Ha, he does say it is possible to land on top of a flying GAL but he didn't say you could stay on it. Would be kick ass if you could though! Drop on top of GAL, place C4 on top of GAL, jump off GAL and press C4 tigger! BOOM!
Old 2012-07-27, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by RageMasterUK View Post
Please rewatch both Higby's streams. In one of them (I think it was the second) Higby jumps on top of a lightning/vanguard and it moves from underhis feet, while he stands still. Gamespy author is either wrong or the newer build doesn't have it anymore.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-27, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Nope, and if I see threads about not being able to do that, I'll smack someone in the face like a cardboard box.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
ZaBa
Corporal

So there's this Scythe in the E3 trailer...

Bam.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Justaman
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ZaBa View Post
So there's this Scythe in the E3 trailer...

Bam.
It really looks a lot more like there is a MAX on that Sythe. Just from the bulk of its body and weapons.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion