Winning Planetside 2. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A local site for local people
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-11, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Atomicsys
Private

Re: Winning Planetside 2.

also was banned.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
PredatorFour
Major

Who are these morons at SoE banning the decent players??
Old 2012-12-11, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Unlikley. At least i hope it doesnt happen (I hope you see this devs).
It will, you'd be naieve if you think this farming can or should last. I wonder how maxed out SkyExile already was. 5 years to max out all he wants?

Highly doubt it.

The game has a rather fine balance right now. If you get farmed by Air, then its because you didnt have enough Anti air / air of your own.
AA sucks currently. As Higby stated "get ESF yourself, AA is only a deterent". Yeah, right. And for the record, got both G2A missiles AND Dual Burster.

G2A missiles are useless as the lock takes far longer than they can fire at you with AoE spampods, if you do get a lock, they immediately pop a flare and you can't hit them for 15 seconds total (including your first, lock, firing, last second flare, no relock period, relocking period, need three shots now). So G2A missiles are pretty useless now.

I don't mind three shot missiles to kill, that's fair enough since I still have an AI gun, I do mind the idiotic ease of dodging the missiles. I don't get Get out of jail cards against rocketpods either! And I don't have that many rockets by default either. By the time I get a second lock, the ESF is already long gone. So all I can do is pretend to lock on to them and hope that chases them off (which it generally doesn't). Against libs, ... yeah they get instakill shots every second and I get a long lock on timer which they can make even worse with stealth certs and useless with flare certs.

Great Basti, no really.

If you get farmed by Tanks, then because you didnt have enough HA doing their job / Tanks of your own.
Don't get farmed, I just don't like having to avoid combat completely. They want a piece of me, they can get it, but not when I can't fight back, so I abandon my post. Great fun losing territory to derpfits that way, isn't it? The intention behind defense in this game is leaving as soon as there's a group of tanks with line of sight on your spawn right? Even though that's always?

Seriously, defending against HE tanks is easy. A few mines here and there, HA users not being stupid and bang, no tank will make it close.
Why would they want to get in close? One farms with tanks from long distances... Unless you think 100-200m away from a door is close range. Close range is what I call 20m, yes, those tanks can be handled, still miss the trusty EMPs though.

Mines are completely useless at range and they're so useless for minefields people bring the mine TO the tank/Sundy, rather than the other way around. And don't tell me you place mines on every ridge line around a base, because you can't and couldn't even if you wanted to. Plus you'd be expected to cert heavily into it.

Which ironically only farmers can currently.

HA lock on doesn't work against hull down tanks (soon dumbfire is removed). Dumbfire is very slow, can't hit a strafing tank at 150+m, splash half a meter away from it does no damage at all (which at 150m is a pretty darn decent shot for a heavy ballistic slow projectile on a fast moving target), they can hit me fine at that range with higher rof, one hit high splash guns though even if I'm behind cover and have no wall behind me to splash on. That's accuracy and high shell velocity with minimal drop for you.

Tanks vs tanks is great, if you can actually get them there, same for backup Sundies - they're not cloaked remember, Libs are getting slightly smarter AND more omnipresent, while aircav get more and more rocketpods. So we need tanks to deal with tanks, air to deal with air, how about we just need our brain, good defensive positions, not facing OP cannons and whatever tool says "anti-this"?

Sorry Basti, but you're ignoring the problems with rose teinted glasses. Yes, you can avoid the problems by "adapting" and never stepping out of ones comfort zone (the zone provided with current tools). That zone is damn small and requires a large amount of troops, which is silly in itself, because this game should be designed for groups of all sizes.

Not sure how many people you have at your disposal on a regular basis basti, but we do about 1-1.5 squad and we don't want to be forced to go much bigger outside of inter-outfit events (tight group of players).

Air is even simpler. Infantry Draw distance out of a lib is about 400m, well within range of any Burster maxes. Means your infantry can only get farmed if they didnt have bursters watching the skys.
Have you used bursters lately? They're really crosseyed and don't kill anything at range, it's not like it's 1-2 dead Lib, more like several clips and... Lib dives behind a ridge and gets away. With two bursters we even have difficulty killing ESF due to ease of escape and it's not that I can't lead cause the red x's pop up plenty... It's almost as if you need a direct hit rather than a proximity shot though.

We're not talking about beta-flak here like the Super-Lightning Skyguard. Flak's been nerfed very, very hard and it's not strange that the amount of Liberators is increasing by the week.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-11 at 11:06 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
What was edited out?

They won´t ban you, just because u are a base camping defender, shooting bottlenecks to get to your 8 K/D-Rate. Just 50 Base Take overs and 450 defs says it all.
_

So i ask you, what did you edit out, what found SoE out, they banned you for?

Regards
Gortha
He already said his account name and ticket number being the only things edited out.
Old 2012-12-11, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

The Only Way to Win the Game is Not to Play...

Old 2012-12-11, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
LostSoul

By the looks of it he might have been banned because of harrassment or something alike.

But only he knows, since he eddited it out.

Good luck in getting your account unlocked Sky, shame to see a valued planetside 1 veteran go down like this.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sco
Private

How are you able to reload the grenade launcher with ammo packs? I seem unable to do it - am i missing something?
Old 2012-12-11, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
It's better that they ban a few innocent players then miss to ban a cheater.
Now, I've read many stupid things on this forum, but damn.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
DHoff
Corporal

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It will, you'd be naieve if you think this farming can or should last. I wonder how maxed out SkyExile already was. 5 years to max out all he wants?

Highly doubt it.

AA sucks currently. As Higby stated "get ESF yourself, AA is only a deterent". Yeah, right. And for the record, got both G2A missiles AND Dual Burster.

G2A missiles are useless as the lock takes far longer than they can fire at you with AoE spampods, if you do get a lock, they immediately pop a flare and you can't hit them for 15 seconds total (including your first, lock, firing, last second flare, no relock period, relocking period, need three shots now). So G2A missiles are pretty useless now.

I don't mind three shot missiles to kill, that's fair enough since I still have an AI gun, I do mind the idiotic ease of dodging the missiles. I don't get Get out of jail cards against rocketpods either! And I don't have that many rockets by default either. By the time I get a second lock, the ESF is already long gone. So all I can do is pretend to lock on to them and hope that chases them off (which it generally doesn't). Against libs, ... yeah they get instakill shots every second and I get a long lock on timer which they can make even worse with stealth certs and useless with flare certs.

Great Basti, no really.

Don't get farmed, I just don't like having to avoid combat completely. They want a piece of me, they can get it, but not when I can't fight back, so I abandon my post. Great fun losing territory to derpfits that way, isn't it? The intention behind defense in this game is leaving as soon as there's a group of tanks with line of sight on your spawn right? Even though that's always?

Why would they want to get in close? One farms with tanks from long distances... Unless you think 100-200m away from a door is close range. Close range is what I call 20m, yes, those tanks can be handled, still miss the trusty EMPs though.

Mines are completely useless at range and they're so useless for minefields people bring the mine TO the tank/Sundy, rather than the other way around. And don't tell me you place mines on every ridge line around a base, because you can't and couldn't even if you wanted to. Plus you'd be expected to cert heavily into it.

Which ironically only farmers can currently.

HA lock on doesn't work against hull down tanks (soon dumbfire is removed). Dumbfire is very slow, can't hit a strafing tank at 150+m, splash half a meter away from it does no damage at all (which at 150m is a pretty darn decent shot for a heavy ballistic slow projectile on a fast moving target), they can hit me fine at that range with higher rof, one hit high splash guns though even if I'm behind cover and have no wall behind me to splash on. That's accuracy and high shell velocity with minimal drop for you.

Tanks vs tanks is great, if you can actually get them there, same for backup Sundies - they're not cloaked remember, Libs are getting slightly smarter AND more omnipresent, while aircav get more and more rocketpods. So we need tanks to deal with tanks, air to deal with air, how about we just need our brain, good defensive positions, not facing OP cannons and whatever tool says "anti-this"?

Sorry Basti, but you're ignoring the problems with rose teinted glasses. Yes, you can avoid the problems by "adapting" and never stepping out of ones comfort zone (the zone provided with current tools). That zone is damn small and requires a large amount of troops, which is silly in itself, because this game should be designed for groups of all sizes.

Not sure how many people you have at your disposal on a regular basis basti, but we do about 1-1.5 squad and we don't want to be forced to go much bigger outside of inter-outfit events (tight group of players).

Have you used bursters lately? They're really crosseyed and don't kill anything at range, it's not like it's 1-2 dead Lib, more like several clips and... Lib dives behind a ridge and gets away. With two bursters we even have difficulty killing ESF due to ease of escape and it's not that I can't lead cause the red x's pop up plenty... It's almost as if you need a direct hit rather than a proximity shot though.

We're not talking about beta-flak here like the Super-Lightning Skyguard. Flak's been nerfed very, very hard and it's not strange that the amount of Liberators is increasing by the week.

G2A forces me to abort my strafing run if my flares aren't up. Flak hurts like hell.

You sound like you've never flown an ESF before. Flak HURTS, 1 MAX alone can force an ESF to go away unless the ESF has spotted him and is strafing him. 2-3 MAXES will kill an ESF before they realize they are being targeted.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Pella
Captain

Same old PSU.

A thread thats about people "hacking" And getting banned for no reason. Turns into a balance thread.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DHoff View Post
G2A forces [...] abort [...] if my flares aren't up. [...] go away
Q: Why is it that pilots use the words "abort", "flares" and "go away", but not "pulverised", "annihilates", "destroys", "kills", "instant death"?

ie. words about THE ABILITY TO EVADE.

A: Because it doesn't by default kill them and they can avoid dieing.

Flak hurts like hell.
So not really then.

It stuns without damage (abort run without damage) or maims (take some damage but don't die), but whatever the case, you don't always die, so it doesn't hurt "like hell". So don't exagerate or play the sad victim here.

You know what "hurts like hell"? A Dalton. A Zephyr. Rocketpods. You know, things you can't dodge, evade or "abort a strafing run" for as infantry, light vehicle or other unit, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE DEAD, OFTEN WITHOUT WARNING.

unless the ESF has spotted him and is strafing him.
So you get to kill your counter too. Nice. Now why don't all the units you can attack do that to you? Because you do realise AA only attack you, so basically, you're all they're up against. Aside from that... you know, everything kills them without them being able to do something about it...

2-3 MAXES will kill an ESF before they realize they are being targeted.
One ESF does that to pretty much every unit, especially low armoured units, with rocketpods, ALONE.

In fact, the only unit you can't use rocketpods to kill solo on are... other ESFs... Oh goodie. The trade-off of ultimate doom, you can barely not do other things anymore, just like AA! Oh wait...

So I don't really see how you can state that with a straight face without realising you're basically saying you're OP because you are alone and "countering" units that - unlike you - don't have the option to evade, dodge or otherwise pull a joker out of their pants.

Funny. Multi-units to "counter" being required, only apply on units that put out massive solo hurt? Unless it's another massive solo hurt unit? Like say... ESF AV should solo infantry and tanks, but anything that's ESF must be dual-killed or more?

Is that what you're saying? Cause then I got news for you, solo aircav should not kill anything without a wingman by your own standards. Either AA kills you solo, or you lose the power to kill solo and all units get a chance to evade your strafing runs.

Pick.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 2012-12-11, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hamma
PSU Admin

Discussions of bans are no longer allowed on PSU per our forum rules. Please continue discussions with SOE support, not in public forum.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion