I haven't been this totally psyched for a game in a long time - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bad Spellers UNTIE!!!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-08, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Etrigan252
Private

I haven't been this totally psyched for a game in a long time

Planetside was my first MMO, it was freaking fantastic. Every moment was fun, from waiting to fill up my galaxy to sneaking around with an ANT trying to do all I could for the Vanu!

The lack of official information or website is really frustrating, everyone should be talking about this game.

Now, while I fight with SOE to get my original account back ("closed my account to protect it from hacking" whut?), all the memories are comming back, all the vehicles I drove/flew full with players ready to delpoy, all the ants I drove to get power to a base in the middle of the night while everyone was logged out, all the mosquitoes I flew over an enemy base at max speed, on a colision course so I could jump out stealthed and blow up a reactor, all the MAX armor I wore to help breach a defense...

BRING IT ALL BACK NOW!!!
(never really liked the vanu vehicles, but the common ones, galaxy, sunderer, mosquito, and my MAX: I was in heaven.)
Old 2011-02-09, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tikuto
Major

Re: I haven't been this totally psyched for a game in a long time

Yeah i'm rather frustrated but then... I understand that when someone expects something and that expectation doesn't happen, then they become upset. This lack of information is probably something clever like that, in theory. :P

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-02-09, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Raymac
Brigadier General

I thought I was excited for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Then Smed went and showed us the Vanguard, then the Galaxy, and now with the new Reaver I'm officially more excited than I have been for any game ever.

When I get my expectations this high for something, it means I'll probably be let down (i.e. Star Wars Prequels, Matrix 2 & 3, etc.), but if Planetside Next meets my minimum expectations, it will still be the best game I've ever played. As much as I want it now, I hope they take enough time to get it right.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm very excited also! Needless to say PlanetSide holds a very special place in my gaming history. Our Outfit was among the first to do many things in PlanetSide and we had some amazing fun times. Not to mention this great community and helping to promote PlanetSide over the years.

The frustrations you have are shared though. While we have seen allot lately things are still slow and there hasn't been a ton of press. Here is to hoping that picks up after DCUO

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-09, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JayC
Private

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I thought I was excited for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Then Smed went and showed us the Vanguard, then the Galaxy, and now with the new Reaver I'm officially more excited than I have been for any game ever.
Agreed man, SW:tOR got announced way too early for me and it looks pretty poo! I'm gonna get it but PlanetSide is by and far the best game I've played. Maybe not the best, but certainly the one I spent most of my time on! A new one without hackers and with those populations again would be fantastic!
Old 2011-02-09, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I haven't been this excited since the time I woke up with a raging hard-on after having a dream about Sputty's mom.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Canaris
Contributor
General

Ì won't call time on ToR until I've played it and given the devil its due, back in Sept of 09 when Sony sent out the email for design suggestions for a new PS I poured heart and soul into everything about Planetside that I loved and hated but in the back of my mind there was that nagging thought, "This is just a pipe dream". Then as Raymac said that pictured appeared and John Smedly threw down the gauntlet. It felt like I let out a breath I'd been holding since that email.

How psyched am I? Whats above Super Psyched because I think I'm there

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-02-09 at 02:12 PM.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post

How psyched am I? Whats above Super Psyched because I think I'm there
I'm above Super Psyched, I'm super stoked! Where my homies at? My friends aren't that stoked though. This is like exactly what happened on my vent when I heard about psn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2sgQNcZJ0#t=00m07s

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2011-02-10, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I'm above Super Psyched, I'm super stoked! Where my homies at? My friends aren't that stoked though. This is like exactly what happened on my vent when I heard about psn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2sgQNcZJ0#t=00m07s

LOL!

Actually one of my friends missed the Planetside train but after all the years he heard me ranting about how great game Planetside was and how it provided one of the best gaming experiences I ever had he is indeed curious to check out PS:N whenever it arrives.
Old 2011-02-12, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Drev
Private

When I first heared about Planetside Next, I thought it was just random crap being thrown around the net.

Until the pics started to appear!

Planetside had some of the best gaming moments I can remember. It was pure genious!

I eventually moved onto an air cav/cloaker/combat engineer.

I still remember my very first battle.
Even though my frame rate would at times drop to 5 frames per second. I was in awe of how great it was.

I have high hopes for this sequel.
Needless to say the pics and news of how the aircraft will handle differently and prove challenging has me hyped!

Even if they did an Exact copy of Planetside before Core Combat was released, and just changed the physics and hit boxes. It has to do well!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion