NC tank screenshots - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome back, we've missed you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-01-27, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: NC tank screenshots

Got the screenies of the meteors from the bending saved to my Hard drive ;D
Old 2011-01-28, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Chaotic Cow
Private

I was on Hanish Ishundar during the Bending event. Great fun.

I remember having my Liberator hit by a meteor.
Old 2011-01-28, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Tikuto
Major

So we're clearly saying that the Meteors were fun and not the actual Bending bullshit. Ok. Cool. Yeah, I agree. Meteors were awesome. Would like to see Searhus explode next time throw out rocks too.

*You have been pwnd by Searhus*.
"Damn it!"

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-01-28 at 10:37 AM.
Old 2011-01-28, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Was on Oshur for the bending - the screenshots are epic. Especially near the end where the meteors filled the sky like raindrops.
Old 2011-01-28, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I was not subscribed during the bending.

I came back with the reserves, and the planet was just...alot of planets.
Old 2011-01-29, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
It would probably make sense to be fluted since with dual 20mm cannons firing the heat buildup would cause all sorts of problems unless they were fluted.
Anything short of massive cooling fins radial from the barrel that are about five times the barrel diameter are not going to do much to increase the rate of fire, overall available. Flutes just don't have the additional surface area needed to shed heat faster, or air-cooled motorcycle engines would be fluted, instead of massively finned.

I'm pretty sure the flutes on the 25mm are there for increased stiffness without increased weight, and not much else. These barrels are removed by people in the field not equipped with cranes, for servicing and cleaning, so weight savings make sense.
Old 2011-01-30, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Tikuto
Major

Yea ok so no-ones noticed the VS Vanguard yet.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-01-30, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nice Photoshop indeed

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-02, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Anything short of massive cooling fins radial from the barrel that are about five times the barrel diameter are not going to do much to increase the rate of fire, overall available. Flutes just don't have the additional surface area needed to shed heat faster, or air-cooled motorcycle engines would be fluted, instead of massively finned.

I'm pretty sure the flutes on the 25mm are there for increased stiffness without increased weight, and not much else. These barrels are removed by people in the field not equipped with cranes, for servicing and cleaning, so weight savings make sense.
Of course it will reduce overheating, you have a smaller mass and a much larger surface area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluting_%28firearms%29

It provides stiffness and reduces overheating. Even if it fires 5-6% more rounds before copping out that's several hundred extra shells it can fire.

Why wouldn't they flute it?
Old 2011-02-16, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

This tank looks good very m1a2 Abrams like, but it need to have it's vehicle compartments for its driver and gunner to be like the old model believe it or not the new striker tank (US Army) is using the same cockpit style as the PS vanguard with the driver and gunner in the main body of the tank that way keeping people out of the turret which is the main part of the tank that gets shot. Everything in a tank will be done remotely from deep inside the main body the most protected part. Even the turret is loaded automatically and fired, ejecting a massive shell out the back of the turret like a giant automatic hand gun. This also makes the turret smaller and less of a target. They also need to add a CROWs system on a turret on the top of the turret for a 3rd gunner, all ground vehicles should have this (CROWS) as they are beginning to today. And all tanks have at least 3 people, driver, gunner and coax, machine gunner on the very top that turns 360 degree to protect the tank from infantry swarming it and to protect the flanks that the gunner in the main turret is not looking at. This does not mean take away the machine gun that the main turret gunner operates for that turret is locked forward with the main cannon and is a larger machine gun then the coax is. It is meant for the main gunner to have a heavy machine gun to alternate with from the cannon on different styles of targets such as light armor and heavy much like the current tank has

Oh ya and those 3 little cans on the front and back corners of the tank, those are IR smoke launchers for IR smoke screens one of tanks best defense, fucking awesome I really hope they work in game.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2011-02-16 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion