Planetside...Present? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: loves me! <3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-07, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tremadog
Private

Re: Planetside...Present?

Well, I think the designs simply look more modern day and less futuristic because the designers are obviously using modern vehicles as reference. I think this is a good thing, because it makes the vehicles look more authentic. If the designs in PS:N look more like they could actually exist, I don't mind them looking a bit more old-school.

I think the new Reaver design is a good indicator of this. It conjures up imagery of a helicopter gunship from a quick glance. The old Reaver, though I liked the old design a lot, looked like some kind of odd flying dolphin.

I don't want this to become another Medal of Duty: Olive Drab Ops game, but I think they are going in the right direction to make the models look convincing rather than realistic. As long as the Prowler isn't a blobby VW Beetle or a historically accurate T-72, I think whatever they do will look better.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
otomotopia
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tremadog View Post

I don't want this to become another Medal of Duty: Olive Drab Ops game, but I think they are going in the right direction to make the models look convincing rather than realistic. As long as the Prowler isn't a blobby VW Beetle or a historically accurate T-72, I think whatever they do will look better.
This^
Please keep in mind I'm not saying that the models suggest we're going to be playing BF2 MAG edition. I do think that the developers may be leaning towards Cold War AAA modern combat in their own way, though, at least in terms of their models and 'environment art' if you will. And by environmental art , I don't even mean real-world locations, I mean less futuristic art, like Endwar.
Old 2011-02-11, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
otomotopia
Sergeant

Also, a possible explanation for a degradation of technology could be Black Ops.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Also, a possible explanation for a degradation of technology could be Black Ops.
In what way are the black ops related to this?
Old 2011-02-11, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
otomotopia
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
In what way are the black ops related to this?
They could have destroyed or rendered the Vanu (Not VS) technology in-able. They did turn most bases neutral, right?

Maybe the Empires needed to roll out pre-vanu weapons and vehicles? Most would not be effected, but Aircraft and the VS would. The blue VTOL energy doesn't work, so the Empires use combustion and jets. The VS may design new weapons for themselves(They are scientists, after all). This would also hel[ explain the rust on some of the vehicles.

Smed did say that some things would change, neh? Maybe this is a part of what he was talking about.

Last edited by otomotopia; 2011-02-11 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Please no Black Ops. That was fucking stupid.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion