Squad Tactics - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Fantasies become a reality. *looks at Britney Spears*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2015-02-10, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JetFireIII
Private

Question Squad Tactics

Hey I'm new to these forums so sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

First of all I am JetFireIII, Leader of [iHoP] International House of Pwnage on Connery NC. In about three weeks we will be having an outfit scrim against [CSTB] Conglomerate Stratergy and Tactics Bureau or whatever new outfit the [CSTB] guys are making. We are a new "mini-ADK" and communications has been almost entirely ignored except for this scrim in which our best members who have also became our core members have begun to volunteer to fight [CSTB] on Test. Last night, me and another [iHoP] leader instructed a interestef member on some squad tactics.

So here is the situation. I'm fairly certain [CSTB] will be bringing their best members. My guess is I'll be seeing 2 excellent Infiltrators (one who is a hill sitter and one who gets quite close and personal), 2 or 3 Heavy Assaults who are very familiar with each other and know how to strafe as one person if you know what I mean where all three of them are shooting, but only one takes damage in return fire. We will also be dealing with 2 medics who are trained to revive after Heavies secure a small tight perimeter around the fallen, and we will be dealing with a light Assualt or two who spam Shotgun shells and are excellent at vanishing and reappearing half a second later with a one shot knife in your back. I know these guys well because the leaders of [iHoP] used to be in [CSTB] just days ago, but now since we are on our own, it's up to us to enforce tactics. Tactics that we worked on yesterday included staying in a column of two troops and having the rest lined up behind them. We also worked on breaking into a line or wedge at the sight of a contact. We also worked on minor revive cover tactics where one Medic would cover the other as we revived, but it still leaves flaws for the well known massing enemy Heavies. Finally; we worked on shooting smoke gernades and having the lead guy on a stacked door enter a room with HS/NV scope, down stragglers, then we push in as a squad and revive/give ammo to ourselves. We also worked on leapfrogging. Just for stats, we will likely have 3 medics, 1 heavy, 1 infiltrator, and 1 engineer for starters.

PlanetSide Community, please give me advice here! This is my first time leading a outfit scrim, and I'm leading members of a zerg Guild that's brand new who need a good reputation. I know some good tactics, but ANY advice would be AWESOME! Thank you PS2 Community!

JetFire,
iHoP, Connery NC
Old 2015-02-11, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Squad Tactics

How many per side? Are there any restrictions? Where will you be fighting?

In all of the server smash matches I've seen air is all-important.
Next AMSES, tanks not so much.
Then managing resources to keep those vehicles coming.
Old 2015-02-11, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetFireIII
Private

We will be aiming for 12 V 12.

Restrictions:
No MAXes
No camping spawn.
No cheating by jumping into opposer's TeamSpeak.
No vehicles unless both teams agree to pull armor and/or air.
No firing before/after round is over unless both team agree.
You MUsT follow the orders of your scrim representative or your acting squad leader.

The base hasn't been chosen yet, but I proposed the Auger, The Rink, Eastern Sky Station, Scarred Mesa Skydock, or NC Arsenal.
Old 2015-02-11, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

I used to like The Auger. I found the best way to attack was to park your sundy at the West then enter the base via the hills and avoid the stairs to the North.

I've seen LA's high on the gantry there being annoying but without doing a lot of damage

I think that base favours attackers though.

NC Arsenal is a big base and may well turn out pretty even. I'd say to put your sundy on the top near a door, probably on the North, but don't put it in the vehicle ramp.

Yea, I always had good fights there.

I can't recall the rink much and the other two.
Old 2015-02-11, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetFireIII
Private

Okay but do you have any squad tactics I can use while I'm leading this?
Old 2015-02-12, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Keep calm speak clearly and maintain Voice chat discipline this will be half the battle right here lol, probably should use a 6 man team(3HAs, 2Meds, 1Engie) to do the main attacking\defending a 3 man team to run perimiter scouting and long range harrasment(infil, med or engi, LA) and a 3 man CQB team(all LA or infil) to do indoors harrasment and to cut the enemy off from the objective.
Old 2015-02-12, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
JetFireIII
Private

Alrighty thanks. All other advice is welcome as well.
Old 2015-02-12, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

I'm not sure what I can add.
get everyone to resist the temptation run into the fight solo.
keep a medic or two to the rear
I'd base tactics to some extent on the specific base
Old 2015-02-14, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
get everyone to resist the temptation run into the fight solo.
UNLESS your name is Figment.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion