Improvement: Make the Galaxy have an interior - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu Sovreignty, poisons your food by using plasma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-09-15, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Joeaniator
Private

Make the Galaxy have an interior

i wish that the galaxy back pannel had a use instead of just being there i wish it would open and close allowing the soliders to move in and out get on the guns and actuly walk around instead of pressin F1,F2,F3 ect and for pilots maybe a door at the back of the interior like on airaplains and to stop more than 12 people getting in every one has to be seated in a seat like on the trailor when there drop podding in or they will die or get kicked out either way

i hope this gets implamented because it will add so much more to the galaxy instead of being one big vehicle that you teleport in and out of like bf3
Old 2012-09-15, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gugabalog
Major

Re: Make the Galaxy have an interior

This would be awesome but they would have to workout the thing with how to make it so that people can surf on vehicles properly, something about collision detection prevents thsi currently. /support for the idea though.
Old 2012-09-15, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Simple yet awesome! Totally right on! The immersion from this could really be awesome.

Just to add, the gunner's could have there view from the gun perspective and everyone inside can look out window portals. Shit, even have a glass or highly advanced television type floor you can see through.

The anxiety of running into the back of a galaxy, strapping in and watching your buddies drop through the floor mid flight while the hull is being pounded would be f'n epic! I'm already biting my nails off!

Great idea, you could really let your imagination run wild with this one.

/signed
Old 2012-09-17, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hosp
First Sergeant

Assuming they move forward with the loadstar, they'll most likely bring back the back door for the vehicle. Infantry wise, it adds steps that would frustrate a lot of people.

Good for immersion, bad for gameplay.
Old 2012-09-17, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
Assuming they move forward with the loadstar, they'll most likely bring back the back door for the vehicle. Infantry wise, it adds steps that would frustrate a lot of people.

Good for immersion, bad for gameplay.
/sarcasm Cause everything must be instant when it comes to vehicle accessibility. /sarcasmoff

Great idea here!
Old 2012-09-17, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hosp
First Sergeant

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to run around inside the gal, it would actually add a mobile environment, open the back and drop out like airborne, but hash this out rather than saying "your opinion is wrong".

Find solutions for these issues and I'll back this idea 100% (Not that anyone backing any idea 100% means much):

- Greifers getting in and taking C4 to the sitting occupants.
- People going LD in it (while on the ground)
- Extra occupants in the hold with no seating room. (fun idea actually, overloading could add something)
- Midair destruction now opens the door to falling survivors, LA particularly. (Good/Bad?)
- Destruction on ground could lead to more survivors (Proximity to engines possibly).
- Midair clipping becomes a huge potential issue.
- Movement issues with any vehicle currently a giant accidental grief source. Imagine inside.
- Are players physical entities sitting in the gal, will fire from outside hit them (aka the LA running on top in the trailer) or just a fighter strafing it. (also another potential grief source due to friendlies wanting to take potshots at gals)

Last edited by Hosp; 2012-09-17 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2012-09-17, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KernolKlusterFk
Corporal

Id love to be able to have a first person view inside the Galaxy. That would add another whole stage of epicness to the game, also they should make it so you can toggle between 1st person inside the Galaxy and 3rd person outside the galaxy.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault