Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is an outfit..like something I wear?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-11, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Crotch
Private

Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash

Howdy!

I suspect there are a good number of people like me out there who bought Station Cash on that double weekend, only to discover after that that the Alpha Squad, once announced, required direct currency, not Station Cash!

As someone who bought Station Cash specifically for the purpose of using it to support this game, would it be possible to be provided a way to use said Station Cash to acquire Alpha Squadness (even for, let's say, 5,000, so the 4,000 return with the pack does not fully offset).

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 2012-09-11, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rabaan
Corporal

Re: Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash

Uhhh.... use station cash.... to get station cash?
Old 2012-09-11, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crotch
Private

Camo, Custom Unlocks, 6 months of Resources/XP, etc.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rabaan
Corporal

I like to think that i'm buying 40$ worth of SC and getting in game items for free
Old 2012-09-11, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Craftyatom
Corporal

I mean actually the deal is that when you buy Station Cash you get something on the side, just like how when you bought SC on the double weekend you got an extra 100% cash.

On the other hand, you paid money to SOE, and you were obviously in early, so perhaps having money on your account and, say, writing to them about how much you love Planetside would be enough.

You are, after all, a customer who bought $40 worth of Station cash, just like me, and was there in beta stages, just like me.
Old 2012-09-12, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
HellsPanda
Corporal

That just doesn't make sense from a buisness perspective at all, even if it would be very nice customer service. Since the SC you purchased at a 2 for 1 weekend would have cost you half as much as the SC you purchase in the Alpha. You might actually have profited more fromt he 2 for 1 deal, than the alpha package, depending on the value in SC of the items this package gives for free.
Old 2012-09-12, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Crotch View Post
Howdy!

I suspect there are a good number of people like me out there who bought Station Cash on that double weekend, only to discover after that that the Alpha Squad, once announced, required direct currency, not Station Cash!

As someone who bought Station Cash specifically for the purpose of using it to support this game, would it be possible to be provided a way to use said Station Cash to acquire Alpha Squadness (even for, let's say, 5,000, so the 4,000 return with the pack does not fully offset).

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Phooey. You know you bought the SC during the double deal, same as everyone else.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crotch
Private

As I stated in my first sentence!
Old 2012-09-12, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

It's a neat idea.. but it seems a bit redundant.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-12, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

I love finding scams, it's one of my big lifelong passions actually to find little scams and exploit em. One of my favorites was when Jamba Juice was giving you free juice if you charged up a 20 dollar jamba card, and you could use a jamba card to charge a jamba card. I'd get 2, sometimes 3 jamba juices at a time by moving my balance between cards, sometimes the guy/gal at the register would get what I was doing, most of the time they just zoned out and didn't pay attention. usually if i'd get 2 or 3 jamba juices they'd pick it up and get a manager. My favorite was this young lady who said "oh no, i'm sure you can't do that!", the scam was up... she had figured out my scam. she got her manager and he looked at her like she was a complete idiot, said "no, you just click jamba card and swipe it, it's easy!" gave me a little nod like "Sorry for the dumb employee" and walked off with a smug look on his face. I felt pretty bad for her and she looked at me like I was the biggest ahole she'd ever met. That was a great summer, I always had a cool refreshing snack handy. I eventually got black listed from 2 of the nearby jamba juices and I'm pretty sure they don't offer that promotion anymore.

Anyways, long story short, we're not going to let you buy 40 dollars worth of station cash along with a massive additional benefit using 40 dollars worth of station cash.
Old 2012-09-12, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I love finding scams, it's one of my big lifelong passions actually to find little scams and exploit em. One of my favorites was when Jamba Juice was giving you free juice if you charged up a 20 dollar jamba card, and you could use a jamba card to charge a jamba card. I'd get 2, sometimes 3 jamba juices at a time by moving my balance between cards, sometimes the guy/gal at the register would get what I was doing, most of the time they just zoned out and didn't pay attention. usually if i'd get 2 or 3 jamba juices they'd pick it up and get a manager. My favorite was this young lady who said "oh no, i'm sure you can't do that!", the scam was up... she had figured out my scam. she got her manager and he looked at her like she was a complete idiot, said "no, you just click jamba card and swipe it, it's easy!" gave me a little nod like "Sorry for the dumb employee" and walked off with a smug look on his face. I felt pretty bad for her and she looked at me like I was the biggest ahole she'd ever met. That was a great summer, I always had a cool refreshing snack handy. I eventually got black listed from 2 of the nearby jamba juices and I'm pretty sure they don't offer that promotion anymore.

Anyways, long story short, we're not going to let you buy 40 dollars worth of station cash along with a massive additional benefit using 40 dollars worth of station cash.
Classic lol
Old 2012-09-12, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nice Higby

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-12, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post

not to mention the recent Triple Station Cash event, making it an even bigger scam!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-09-12, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Miir
Malvision

A better question would have been...will you be able to buy similar things to the Alpha program with station cash?

Here's my best guesses:

Beta Access = No
Camo = Yes
Founder Title = Maybe
XP Booster = Yes
Unique Decal = Maybe
Weapon Unlocks = Yes
Old 2012-09-12, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shogun
Contributor
General

lol

higby you are great!

but i would like to request another payment method!
i live in europe and i don´t get the option to pay with paypal for the founders pack!
and after certain events i hesitate to give credit card or bank account info to sony again. will we get a paypal option before the founders pack limited time runs off?

for i could use paypal for the triple station cash offer, but i can´t with the founders offer.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-09-12 at 03:51 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion