Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-02-06, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ect0s
Private

MarsWar: Free-to-play PS-like game. Welkin

http://marswar.mmolover.com/index.php

First off, if you looked at welkin4591, this is welkin with a server in the US.

If you haven't tried it, Heres an over view:

There are large world maps with towers('strong holds') and 3 different types of larger bases ('tech/energy/military'). Each is different in function but not in layout. Bases on the map are linked together and have to be taken sequentially, as in planetside, by cracking.

The player has a 2 different army choices and 9 armor choices. These can be upgraded and each has benefits different from one another. You can choose your loadout before spawning into the game, or change it an equipment terminal.

Almost all weapons and vehicles are common pool; There is free gear you get when creating a new account that you will have persistently, and free licenses for most of the rest of the in-game equipment.

Equipment licenses expire, and cost either crystals or credits. All gear including vehicle licenses can be bought in an in-game store for crystals or credits. Crystals are earned pay for fighting in combat, hacking bases/completing missions. Credits cost real world money, so if your playing 'just for fun/free' you will miss out on some features after your initial licenses expire.

In my experience, I found it fun until my 'free' things expired: Without spending money it might be hard to enjoy the game on your own without a teammate. So I suggest inviting a friend when you do log on or join a team (squad) once playing because having access to vehicles/transportation keeps the game going much faster.
Old 2011-02-07, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KayOneElRoy
Private

Re: MarsWar: Free-to-play PS-like game. Welkin

Downloading it just to see the cities i never saw in the Chinese version
Old 2011-03-03, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Traak
Colonel

Re: MarsWar: Free-to-play PS-like game. Welkin

Sparsely populated when I played, but that was good, because I was so n00b that I woulda died so fast otherwise.

Graphics are interesting, not very DX11ish, that's for sure, which is also good for me, and the weapons are all energy/explosive so refills are universal.

It just felt clunky, because I am not used to it yet, and I have so much time in on PS. As usual, flying without a joystick totally blows.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion